Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't. He hates pressure. He hates playing forward. He hates kicking for goal. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he fumbled it on purpose.
In the post-match interview that's how he came across, almost relieved that he'd dropped the mark so he didn't have to kick for goal.

Sicily sent to the tribunal for apparently stomping on Atley’s leg when he was on the ground.

I remember Bruce describing Misiti sticking a leg out and catching Cousins on the shin as 'disgraceful'. Then you see how many times Fletcher got done for tripping. Now nobody gives a * about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahem. Doge. Sicily is part of Italy afterall, it checks out.

oj492cd.jpg

131312_sicily.jpg

The resemblance is uncannye

Didn’t think you could dislike Thomas anymore and then he does this, has to be the most unlikebale player of the past 10 years
I’m late to this but have to respond.....he is literally the only player in the AFL who I have an issue with.

I hate the way he plays footy.

Agreed.

It was a bloody head clash. The bump was fair.

The point isn't that he got off, the point is that they've spent years establishing precedent that even if it's accidental, if you make completely intentional contact with someone and then iron them out you are absolutely done, then all of a sudden you're not. Wrong way of getting the right result.

The Selwood one is interesting, when I heard he got done I figured that it was for kicking his leg out and tripping Wingard

The point isn't that he got off, the point is that they've spent years establishing precedent that even if it's accidental, if you make completely intentional contact with someone and then iron them out you are absolutely done, then all of a sudden you're not. Wrong way of getting the right result.

The Selwood one is interesting, when I heard he got done I figured that it was for kicking his leg out and tripping Wingard
That point would make sense if they hadn't overhauled the system this year making it clear previous precedents didn't count. But they did so it doesn't.

This point would also make sense if he'd hit him high. He didnt. It was a headclash.

This point would also make sense if he'd hit him high. He didnt. It was a headclash.

Which makes it reckless high contact does it not? For the record I'm in the pro bump camp, but players shouldn't be doing it if they don't know how when and where, which Burton clearly doesn't given he had Higgins absolutely cold and could have absolutely ironed him out completely legally and got the ball as well

Interesting that Brad Scott allows Ben Brown to have 100s of set shots a week. If the fitness staff say anything he over rules them.

Curious how many of todays forwards have that many shots.

Port supporters crying about SPP being found "guilty" without any real evidence. They say that the investigation hasn't finished yet and everyone is treating him as if he is already guilty. The media are apparently going on a "witch-hunt" and hanging him out to dry without knowing the full story yet.

Well I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Port supporters crying about SPP being found "guilty" without any real evidence. They say that the investigation hasn't finished yet and everyone is treating him as if he is already guilty.

Well I'm shocked to be sitting here.
Oh ffs. Just because Essendon went through something similar on a larger scale doesn't mean you get to be a dick about it. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back