Racist Cameron Ling backs Geelong, calls Thomas bump a Dog Act. Also Joel Selwood's a Piece of s**t.

Is Cameron Ling right about any bump on a Geelong player being a dog act, or is he full of crap?

• Yes, any bump on a Cats player is a dog act. Also I'll never recover from 2008 as long as I live.

• Yes, I abhor violence of any kind and have no business following this sport in the first place.

• No, the AFL should encourage bumps against Geelong players, Selwood especially.

• No, it was a great hit & Ling's just salty no one's called him up about an assistant coaching job.

• Jack Watts thinks its interesting how many acts of on AND off field violence involve Port Est 1997

• POOR LINDSAY WAS LYNCHED BY THE KU KLUX TRIBUNAL!!! #JusticeForThomas

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The dog act is Selwood punching Thomas and then throwing his head back (a second too late) when Thomas punches him back.. always after the free kick!

‘Twas very weak from Selwood.
I’m all for going in to bat for your team mate or bro, but don’t throw your head back after you pound someone’s face in when they’re on the ground essentially helpless.

Plus I hate to say it but Scott Selwood is sooooo fishing for the head high when the ball takes a bad bounce. He drops right down and leans in.

I care if he gets off or gets weeks. If he has done nothing wrong, and public opinion hangs him, I care. Looked a good hit to me. Can't say I like him as a player, and it was brutal, but looked good.

The physics shouldn't be involved, it should rely on contact points. You're saying someone has to stop. You can't have that.

If you're bringing physics into it, you're intimating that there is a certain level of force where the player can't go past it.

I also care if he gets off and he has actually hit him in the head. If forceful head contact, he has to go. I'm not saying he has to get off. I'm saying I've yet to see a view with his head getting smashed.

Did I like the look of LT ignoring the ball? No, I hated it. I have absolutely no issue with him being suspended if warranted. His form is atrocious, and he knew the risks he was taking by his actions. But if it was executed perfectly, you have to allow it.

If you can't understand my POV, it doesn't make me look thick.

All I'm saying is that he clearly hit him in the head.

I love the bump, also don't care that he went past the ball, if he didn't get him in the head play on, all clear.

But he did.

You have to be allowed to protect the space the ball is coming into.
We do it with every other facet of the game...ala marking.
Selwood drops to his knees,Thomas attempts to go low,but the Selwoods are very clever at initiating head high contact,they’ve made an art form out of it.
In this photo it’s clear evidence that one player is attempting to initiate head high contact and the other attempting to try to do the correct thing we were all taught as kids.
Protect the space and gather the ball,ala Trent Cotchin in the Prelim last year.
Tough smart footy,play on!

Nice one d/h

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the tripping?
You can break a leg its a dog act

Fyfe calls BULLSHIT!!! It's a Brownlow winning act and Joels was only an attempted trip, Fyfe kicked the legs out from under a bloke.

Joel Selwood was fined $1000 for attempting to trip Power forward Chad Wingard.

Now this is a dog act.

The charge against Sicily arose from an incident during the second quarter of Sunday's game at Etihad Stadium when he stood on Atley's leg while the Roo was lying on the ground.

Last edited:
Its in their DNA
Pathetic scumbag hawks. You snipe more then every other club and then cry about jumper punches even when your own players do them in the same game.

Absolute stained disgusting culture. If my kid decided to follow the hawks i would send them to a mental hospital for tests and if that didnt work an orphanage.

You are a special person arent you.
An opportune moment to point out you've been here for 11 years..... and still haven't figured out how to give yourself an avatar. :$

Back