Ryan burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Incidental head clash. Wasn't his intention, didn't leave the ground ect.

Fine at most.

But I'm tipping he'll get a week because of the result of Higgins being concussed.
North are doing a good job on down playing the impact.

Scott said Higgins wanted to come back on straight away in his press and now an article saying he might play this week.

Id hate to see a player miss for something like this sets an awful precedent. I think north feel the same way.

Scott said Higgins wanted to come back on straight away in his press and now an article saying he might play this week.

Id hate to see a player miss for something like this sets an awful precedent. I think north feel the same way.
Robbie Gray missed a week and had zero time to choose to tackle or avoid the collision. Just some consistency would be nice.

Robbie Gray missed a week and had zero time to choose to tackle or avoid the collision. Just some consistency would be nice.
They made the right decision here so let this be the starting point.

North are pretty good when it comes to opposition players getting reported against them in regards to testimony etc., with the exception of the Petrie-Lake incident, but even then, neither club went out of their way.

No punishment

Anyone seen the Sicily one that has been referred to the tribunal?
From afl.com
'Christian also referred Hawks defender James Sicily there on a charge of serious misconduct against North Melbourne's Shaun Atley.

The charge against Sicily arose from an incident during the second quarter of Sunday's game at Etihad Stadium when he stood on Atley's leg while the Roo was lying on the ground.'
Video not included so first most will have heard of it

No punishment

Anyone seen the Sicily one that has been referred to the tribunal?
Apparently, Sicily deliberatly stood on Atley’s leg, while Atley was on the ground. I don’t know when or where.

North are pretty good when it comes to opposition players getting reported against them in regards to testimony etc., with the exception of the Petrie-Lake incident, but even then, neither club went out of their way.
This is true but also you don't want a precedent like this to be set the way you guys play.

This is true but also you don't want a precedent like this to be set the way you guys play. your as hard if not harder then anyone and that burto indecent could happen 10 times a game the way your mids throw there body's around.
Yea, but as you know with Sewell and Lewis back in the day, you need to go that hard in contested situations to win the important games.

Yea, but as you know with Sewell and Lewis back in the day, you need to go that hard in contested situations to win the important games.
absolutely!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it deserved a suspension but the decision is just another mark in the 'make s**t up as we go along' MRP book.

Not sure if it deserved a suspension but the decision is just another mark in the 'make s**t up as we go along' MRP book.
Well they applied the same logic to Burton as they did LeCras so maybe not

The whole point of having a one man MRP was to have consistency week to week in the decision making, that doesn't mean consistency to previous years or outcomes.

Agree. Fyfe would just be shaking his head.
Not sure what Sicily did, and Brayshaw seemed to suffer no ill effects of this incident, but that dirty *er Green got away with this last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consistent with Le cras decision and seeing as though it is a new system this year happy to see if they can remain consistent from here.
It's what we've wanted, no way Burton could have seen that bump leading to a head clash and KO.

Well they applied the same logic to Burton as they did LeCras so maybe not

The whole point of having a one man MRP was to have consistency week to week in the decision making, that doesn't mean consistency to previous years or outcomes.

Didnt mention consistentcy, Lecras like Burton had the option to tackle IMO, so both are wrong (against the revised guidelines) My point being that Christian still has heaps of wriggle room to make his rulings.

Rule is now if you elect to bump, but make no contact to the head other than your own head, you're all good regardless of intent, even though almost anything could be applied to careless or intentional.

The rules are still murky. They've been applied consistently incorrectly.

Agree. Fyfe would just be shaking his head.
Not sure what Sicily did, and Brayshaw seemed to suffer no ill effects of this incident, but that dirty ****** Green got away with this last week

Twice by the looks of it - the first knee as he arrive into the back of the hammy was calculated.

Wrong decision, elected to bump and not tackle resulting in a head injury
Time to wake up, too many players are suffering serious injuries because the afl is daft

Didnt mention consistentcy, Lecras like Burton had the option to tackle IMO, so both are wrong (against the revised guidelines) My point being that Christian still has heaps of wriggle room to make his rulings.

Rule is now if you elect to bump, but make no contact to the head other than your own head, you're all good regardless of intent, even though almost anything could be applied to careless or intentional.

The rules are still murky. They've been applied consistently incorrectly.
They've actually said if you play within the rules and an accident happens that they aren't going to penalise you for the accident

Remove this Banner Ad

Back