Prediction It's Time for Zippedy Doedee!!

Should we debut Doedee this week

• Yes

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • Of course

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Should have played last week

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I wanted Ryan Burton and am still miserable and can't support this lad.

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Does a bear s**t in the woods?

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Yes yes yes

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I can't believe you're even asking. YES.

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part about Lever spudding it up is they know our system hides flaws really well, which causes hesitation whether someone will transition well. Similar to how everyone who left the Hawks became uber spuds outside of JPK.

Not that clubs won't go after Doedee, but with him not being a KPD prospect, and Lever failing should make it relatively easy to keep him.

Buddy Franklin says Hi

It’s a huge ******* win to them
It was a win because they got Plowman? Maybe.

Kerridge is a spud and pick 28 has been irrelevant. So far it's a nil all draw.

Basically from last year

In: Two first round picks, Doedee
Out: Lever

Cripes.

In retrospect the Crows must have loved the media pumping Lever's tyres. Did Fages actually ring BT to tell him to keep up the good work??!!

All the talk last year about us low-balling Lever etc, get the feeling we knew exactly what he was worth *to us* and what we could get for him if things went our way.

Shows how good the Crows is at developing their players in the first place. BTW, Kerridge started every well at Carlton but has been struggling to get regular games in recent times which is saying something.....so I think the Menzel and Kerridge trade is break even or a slight win to Carlton in the end.
Menzel played 4 games for us.

Kerridge has played 33 games for them and is still going.

According to BT on Talking Footy Tommy's only played one good game this season... pretty sure he hasn't played a bad one...

Getting a bit precious about Talia's Lever comments, saying that it was a garbage comment... lol
Talking Footy....my God what a farce that's become. It was bad with Tim Watson at the helm, with only Carey and Darcy, but now it's unwatchable with that f*ckstick BT, The Muppett (McClure), Mumbles (Darcy) and to add insult to injury, Campbell Brown - who makes those others look like they have a modicum of intelligence. When Carey seems like the voice of reason they're in a world of trouble! FFS Channel 7, please get rid of this bunch!

BT's comments last night were deplorable. Talia was merely stating that Doedee is playing better than Lever, and from what I've seen of him so far, he is. His ability to know when to leave his opponent and intercept is top class, and his courage is unquestionable. I think he's also a bit more mobile than Lever, and that helps us enormously. I don't doubt Lever is a good player, but I think Doedee is going to be more valuable for our structure in future.

Paul Roos on the Couch thought Talia's comments were clever talking up Doedee & giving a backhander to his ex-teammate.
Kane Cornes on SFS said he was just being honest and it was refreshing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Cornes on SFS said he was just being honest and it was refreshing
Upping his transparent "See? I'm not always negative about the Crows" game.

Rucci levels of subtlety and intelligence.

If BT wants to bag Talia and continue to attack anybody who criticises Lever then he can join Rucci in the media ban. Club should stop him coming in for Roaming Brian

Plus the ******* pick
Like I said, it was supposedly a very "shallow" draft so picks weren't seen as valuable by the recruiters (compared to this year), pick 33 + Kerridge was worth the risk at that time so the Crows did it.....at best slight win to Carlton with that trade now (as I don't think Kerridge will be retained by Carlton). But the trade started to look like a big win to Carlton in the first year of the trade.

Like I said, it was supposedly a very "shallow" draft so picks weren't seen as valuable by the recruiters (compared to this year), pick 33 + Kerridge was worth the risk at that time so the Crows did it.....at best slight win to Carlton with that trade now (as I don't think Kerridge will be retained by Carlton). But the trade started to look like a big win to Carlton in the first year of the trade.

If the pick was worth so little we should’ve just kept it

The Crows of all clubs should not be undervaluing picks, regardless of the draft.

Our draft picks Are usually worth at least 10 places above what they'd be worth to other clubs. 24 to us is like 14, a late first rounder, to other clubs.

Menzel played 4 games for us.

Kerridge has played 33 games for them and is still going.

Regardless of number of games in the past 2 years Kerridge has pretty much been an”break glass” option for Carlton and I don’t think would have been close to our best 22

We took a punt on Menzel and it didn’t pay off however losing Kerridge has not hurt us

Back