Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not AFL (but it does involve an AFL reserves side with AFL players so I’m stretching the point a bit) but with this score line in the SANFL yesterday you have to ask....

1) how can you go goalless for three quarters and not lose?
2) how can you kick 2:16 and “win” three of the four quarters in the game?

View attachment 483760
Windier than Manuka by reports.

Not AFL (but it does involve an AFL reserves side with AFL players so I’m stretching the point a bit) but with this score line in the SANFL yesterday you have to ask....

1) how can you go goalless for three quarters and not lose?
2) how can you kick 2:16 and “win” three of the four quarters in the game?

View attachment 483760
One of the most bizarre scorelines I have ever seen!!

Not AFL but Aussie rules from the NEAFL Adam Sambono kicked 5.4 for the NT thunder on the weekend and 0.2 the week before but it will be interesting to see how he goes this year with the articles on him before the draft last year he must have been close to a rookie spot at a club so hopefully it works out for him this year

Last edited:
Random stat for the day
Swans do play the style that makes for a lot of tackles but credit for the players to execute
Giants doing ok for 5 and for the Tigers to only have 1 yet they are always talked about for the tackling forward pressure
It would be interesting to have stats on pressure acts to compare teams but also players

100+ TACKLES IN A GAME

Adelaide Crows 2
Brisbane Lions 5
Carlton 3
Collingwood 5
Essendon 3
Fremantle 5
Geelong Cats 6
Gold Coast Suns 5
GWS Giants 5
Hawthorn 4
Melbourne 2
North Melbourne 2
Port Adelaide 3
Richmond 1
St Kilda 4
Sydney Swans 11
West Coast Eagles 2
Western Bulldogs 3
TOTAL 71

I will be watching the Q clash this afternoon and they have a quality midfield in Martin Beans and Zorko it is a step down to Robinson and Christensen they have some exciting 1/2/3 year players so it will be interesting to see how they go and what matches could eventuate next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch them come out of the wood work and swinging from the rafters. Nick Blakey has chosen to be an academy pick for the swans, not to be a father/son at Norf - and apparently the Suns are the front runners for academy pick Bailey Scott who could also have gone to Norf as F/S (or Geelong)

For once it’s not us - but the whole academy system is going to come under more pressure than ever.

Waaah waaaah waaaah

Be fair. It was against the Gold Coast. We struggle to attract crowds to the GC games whether in Manuka or Spotless. a) not a lot of traveling fans and b) even home fans skip games against them.

That was always Norf’s problem taking games to Manuka in the 90s. Rubbish teams to play against didn’t attract the crowds. Get a good team and you’ll get a good crowd.

No argument our biggest crowds (Spotless and Manuka) are always against the better drawing teams.

Of course, their problem is that they’ll never play an Essendon or a Collingwood or a Hawthorn (and probably not even a West Coast) in Ballarat. And that’s the catch 22 for taking a handful of games to a regional area.

Hawthorn Collingwood in Launceston is NEVER going to happen. We’ll likely never play Collingwood in Canberra (outside a pre-season)

It only makes sense to take a low drawing team to a smaller region and so you’ll only get a low crowd. You watch, we’ll be scheduled for Ballarat in the next 2 years.

So long as they view it long term and do more than FIFO then they’ll draw bigger more regular crowds. Certainly no need to panic just yet.

Can’t believe I’m defending the dogs.

I get what you're saying. You would beat 6.5k in Broken Hill or Mildura though. Even though it might take 50% of the population in Broken Hill. Clubs wouldn't matter much, It would just be the spectacle of top level footy.
If you cant beat 6.5k it's time to walk away in my view, not pretend everything's fine.

Well he definitely isn't the GOAT :)

61bff2391013ca3f63ea98c29a4a8e5e.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Some more poor decisions from the MRO/Whatever name they have given themselves and I don't have an issue with Ziebell getting off it is just the messages coming out
T Mitchell elbow to the head of Goldstein is just a fine
Burton sends Higgins into next week and gets off
Overturning Ziebell decision
Touching the umpires and the confusion
I am sure their is one more I am missing but it is somewhat of a joke IMO and it would be interesting to hear what players are thinking now
Then the private audience that Clarkson has with Gil just makes it sound like an old boys club who play favourites but I guess you need to know how to play the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back