General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t help but wonder if Dez is thinking with his emotions rather than his brain if he signs with another NFC East team.

Beckham and Bryant is a lot of ego to manage!

Yeah, I can't say it fills me with confidence. Given some of the other locker room issues we've had recently...

Gettleman is probably having just stirring the pot a bit.

winged1 hollloway declared medically unfit what the ****. Apparently wasn’t even doctors but the NYAC just didn’t like how he was looking for his cut. Last time they go to New York I reckon.

What a s**t show. From one of the best cards they’ve ever announced to this... khabib for Al Iquinta for the title. At least this means they kinda have to book Ferguson khabib again.
Did you catch Barbosa vs Lee classic kickboxing/wrestler fight? Lee beats him up for the first two then a spinning back kick comes from nowhere before Lee gets the stoppage.

Did you catch Barbosa vs Lee classic kickboxing/wrestler fight? Lee beats him up for the first two then a spinning back kick comes from nowhere before Lee gets the stoppage.
Epic fight I did watch it. Can’t believe he couldn’t finish lee That kick was epic.

Was a pretty fun card. 224 is looking a bit average but 225 is absolutely stacked.
So pumped for it.

Epic fight I did watch it. Can’t believe he couldn’t finish lee That kick was epic.

Was a pretty fun card. 224 is looking a bit average but 225 is absolutely stacked.
So pumped for it.
Some of the body kicks leading up to the back kick were so solid, but yeah Barbosa closed the distance too much and somehow Lee recovers. That stiff legged walk reminded me of Tszyu koing Judah

Some of the body kicks leading up to the back kick were so solid, but yeah Barbosa closed the distance too much and somehow Lee recovers. That stiff legged walk reminded me of Tszyu koing Judah
One of the best recovery’s I’ve ever seen. Lee’s striking is improving. He’s young to boot, I think he could be a bit of a force over the coming years. LW is a stacked
Division

It's going to happen, I haven't read the link but reports he is in an exclusive negotiation phase with Ferrari to June 30.

Signed BEFORE China. They will want him even more now. Time is right.

Have a feeling you'll suddenly see people wearing Ferrari gear everywhere in Australia next year. Jarryd Hayne 49ers jerseys replaced with Ferrari merch.

Last edited:
Have a feeling you'll suddenly see people wearing Ferrari gear everywhere in Australia next year. Jarryd Hayne 49ers jerseys replaced with Ferrari merch.
Yep. It will be like fat people wearing active gear.

I'm torn, I love Ferrari mid-engined road cars, I love Ricciardo, but I haven't had any fondness for the Ferrari race team, at the same time I've never followed teams and only drivers and Williams have really been the closest I have gotten mainly because of Irvine and Webber at different stages. What I don't like is drivers I love partnering Vettell. But if Ricciardo gets a shot in a package capable of being top 3 every single GP and doesn't get screwed by team orders, that's what I will really love.

I'm torn, I love Ferrari mid-engined road cars, I love Ricciardo, but I haven't had any fondness for the Ferrari race team, at the same time I've never followed teams and only drivers and Williams have really been the closest I have gotten mainly because of Irvine and Webber at different stages. What I don't like is drivers I love partnering Vettell. But if Ricciardo gets a shot in a package capable of being top 3 every single GP and doesn't get screwed by team orders, that's what I will really love.

Come to the dark side my friend. Danny won’t sign a contract with a 2nd driver clause in it and Ferrari won’t be silly enough to offer one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm torn, I love Ferrari mid-engined road cars, I love Ricciardo, but I haven't had any fondness for the Ferrari race team, at the same time I've never followed teams and only drivers and Williams have really been the closest I have gotten mainly because of Irvine and Webber at different stages.

I’m the same. Closest I’ve come is Benetton in the 90s when Nelson Piquet came across and then the rise of Schumacher. Even if Danny wasn’t Australian I think he’d still be my favourite driver. But I just can’t get with the idea of following a team in F1.

I’m the same. Closest I’ve come is Benetton in the 90s when Nelson Piquet came across and then the rise of Schumacher. Even if Danny wasn’t Australian I think he’d still be my favourite driver. But I just can’t get with the idea of following a team in F1.

Yeah, I was probably going to follow Danny's career anyway because I knew he was quick but from his way up the formulas he wasn't known as an overtaker. Seeing how clean and aggressive he was on the pass when racing with the big boys and also just feeling his much he enjoyed racing had me hooked.

What about Williams with Jones, Piquet and Mansell?

I had a soft spot for Minardi, that ream did a lot of good.

But really it is Ferrari that seem to have the following, even though a lot of the guys who are wearing their stuff drive hotted up nissans

Horn isn't a draw though, but still. ..
Horn’s a draw in Australia. The end of the day it’ll affect the PPV buys and his back pocket.

CM punk is gonna bring a lot of American eyes onto the UFC. Crawford’s trying to build his brand still too. Just seems like a super stupid move.

In better news it seems we will actually get the GGG canelo rematch which is awsome

Horn’s a draw in Australia. The end of the day it’ll affect the PPV buys and his back pocket.

CM punk is gonna bring a lot of American eyes onto the UFC. Crawford’s trying to build his brand still too. Just seems like a super stupid move.

In better news it seems we will actually get the GGG canelo rematch which is awsome
I had ggg winning the first fight, I think he finds the ko this time

How good is sport?

Tonight we have 2 great sunday games, NRL and when that finishes we have the IPL and the F1 later.

Just missing the EPL on Fox :(

If the Azerbaijan GP is even one third as dramatic as it was last year, it will be a cracker.

Last edited:
Great track! Learnt it on the Xbox!

Yeah Baku is a unique circuit. Each sector is so distinct. Sector one is all heavy acceleration and heavy braking, Sector two is so technical (and its built around a castle for God’s sakes) and sector three is basically full throttle.

It was insane last year. Crashes all over the place in free practice and qualy, Palmer’s car catching fire, Bottas and Raikkonen colliding, the Force Indias ******* each other over, the red flag, Vettel absolutely losing his mind, Hamilton’s headrest issue and Stroll getting on the podium.

Absolutely nuts.

Last edited:
winged1 the Heavyweight grand prix that Bellator is running is a bit of fun. Catch Fedor v Mir today? I'll definitely be watching the rest of the tournament

winged1 the Heavyweight grand prix that Bellator is running is a bit of fun. Catch Fedor v Mir today? I'll definitely be watching the rest of the tournament
Missed the last few days trying to get back from OS. Bellator do run some interesting stuff and the top guys show up in the ufc from time to time. Will try to catch it after I get some sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back