Gardening

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it seems to pop up in random spots coming up from quite deep, needs pretty soft soil though. Roundup will kill it very easily but.

I have a problem with this type of actual weed grass in one area that grows deep in runners, ****in hard to rip out and unlike that lawn poison doesn't seem to be overly effective against it.

Yeah my herb garden is beautifully soft soil and given that the warehouse side isn't watered, the grass gravitates under the fence and takes everything over. Last year felt like weeding was a weekly activity, and I ended up transplanting and potting the herbs to prevent them being disrupted so much

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm going to start growing weed as a natural painkiller. Bugger taking pills for head aches

Can anyone recommend some good strains and what's the best soil/fertilizer to use?
I know thrive gives them a good kick while they grow

Also redoing the front yard at the moment. Used eco friendly weed matting originally with some gravel over the top, only to discover that weeds manage to get their roots through the holes in the weed matting and hang on for dear life :p

Had an empty block across the road that when they cleared the block blew a yard's worth of grass seeds onto the front yard and sprouted a garden that I couldn't pull up. Ripping it up this weekend and putting plastic down instead before replacing the cover. Any gravel (or other ground cover) recommendations that don't encourage things to grow?
Newspapers. Lots and lots of newspapers. Helps retain moisture as a bonus.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I'm going to start growing weed as a natural painkiller. Bugger taking pills for head aches

Can anyone recommend some good strains and what's the best soil/fertilizer to use?
I know thrive gives them a good kick while they grow
Where do people get decent seeds from.

westy1

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2006
denmark
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
east freo
Can't believe this thread is still going after starting it 9 years ago.

Anyway my passionfruit flowered for the first time the other day. Can't wait for the fruits to grow.
Mate I planted passion fruit probably about 8 years ago and all I can say is rip it out now
I got bugger all fruit, and the rootstock got away, I pulled the plants probably 5 years ago and I’m still ripping out root suckers, it’s infested my garden

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mate I planted passion fruit probably about 8 years ago and all I can say is rip it out now
I got bugger all fruit, and the rootstock got away, I pulled the plants probably 5 years ago and I’m still ripping out root suckers, it’s infested my garden
We had one when I was a kid for a few years, don't remember any root problems like that at all and it bared a shitload of nice fruit. Have tried to grow about 3 more over the years to replace it but none have worked dying after a few months.

Might have to have the right type or something.

FreoGirl

Premium Platinum
Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
it's been one of my best seasons for roses
pink2018.jpg
yellow2018.jpg

FreoGirl

Premium Platinum
Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
We had one when I was a kid for a few years, don't remember any root problems like that at all and it bared a shitload of nice fruit. Have tried to grow about 3 more over the years to replace it but none have worked dying after a few months.

Might have to have the right type or something.

you might not have them in the right spot. Have you tried Nelly Kelly? I think you need more than one for them to pollinate as well

FreoGirl

Premium Platinum
Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
No aphids, lucky you.

I use Confidor tablets - I know most stores have now banned the spray because of the link to bees, but the tablets are taken up systemically and work so well. I didn't do the ones at the back and they are covered! Snails were also eating heaps of my buds last season, so have had better control of them this year.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I use Confidor tablets - I know most stores have now banned the spray because of the link to bees, but the tablets are taken up systemically and work so well. I didn't do the ones at the back and they are covered! Snails were also eating heaps of my buds last season, so have had better control of them this year.
tbh I just give the a quick spray with the hose ocassionally to knock a lot of them of the plants until the ladybirds a few weeks later decide to move in and have abanquet.

FreoGirl

Premium Platinum
Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
tbh I just give the a quick spray with the hose ocassionally to knock a lot of them of the plants until the ladybirds a few weeks later decide to move in and have abanquet.

I do that as well, but with around 60 rose bushes it's hard to keep on top

Remove this Banner Ad

Back