Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a possibility we could have a federal election held in August/September this year for Malcolm Turnbull to take advantage of the poll boost the federal budget handed down tonight will bring for the federal Government.

But for its Victorian counterparts, an early federal election could be a disaster because it may suck time and more importantly money out of its state election campaign in November. Opposition Leader Matthew Guy would be hoping Turnbull doesn't bolt down to Government House in Canberra after the federal budget to see Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove to get permission to dissolve parliament between now and November.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a possibility we could have a federal election held in August/September this year for Malcolm Turnbull to take advantage of the poll boost the federal budget handed down tonight will bring for the federal Government.

But for its Victorian counterparts, an early federal election could be a disaster because it may suck time and more importantly money out of its state election campaign in November. Opposition Leader Matthew Guy would be hoping Turnbull doesn't bolt down to Government House in Canberra after the federal budget to see Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove to get permission to dissolve parliament between now and November.

So readers, if you do get polled, say you will vote LNP. lets get them out. Teasing distance

What would the Federal Budget handed down by Treasurer Scott Morrison tonight mean as far as the 2018 Victorian state election is concerned?

If Matthew Guy loses the state election on November 24, he'll regret the night he went into the Lobster Cave for a Liberal fundraising dinner not knowing there was a alleged Mafia gangster also at the dinner as well.

The same could apply to Premier Daniel Andrews as well, for if Andrews gets defeated, he might look back on a fateful Saturday night in the Moomba 2016 festival as the moment that cost him the election.

If Matthew Guy loses the state election on November 24, he'll regret the night he went into the Lobster Cave for a Liberal fundraising dinner not knowing there was a alleged Mafia gangster also at the dinner as well.

The same could apply to Premier Daniel Andrews as well, for if Andrews gets defeated, he might look back on a fateful Saturday night in the Moomba 2016 festival as the moment that cost him the election.

Surely the 'moment' is the actual election?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL he bloody well knew who he was having dinner with, don't even try to spin a "he didn't know" on that one.

The four main issues for State government are
1. Law and Order
2. Public transport
3. Health
4. Education
It is usually split 2-2 with the main parties. Some times a main party may be ahead in 3 out of 4.

Libs always ahead with Law and Order.
Labor ahead with Education and Public Transport.
Health is a toss up.

Labor lost the 2010 election because of the changes in timetables for the Frankston rail line.
Trains stopped running express and Labor lost 6 seats on that line. Lib failed to change timetables and the seats swung away from them.

The Lib leader has lunch with colourful identities and asks them for money. ;)

If Guy was a threat to Andrews leadership this would be the biggest issue leading into the next election. And rightfully so. When the story first came to light I made some calls and I can't believe even after the past month that Guy is still leader of the Liberals. I personally don't like Daniel Andrews, and believe he and Tony Abbott are very dangerous for Australian politics, but given what I know about the shady characters that Guy had lunch with, even I would vote Andrews ahead of him. I cannot understand how Guy is still even in politics.

Say if the Coalition somehow wins the state election on November 24, how would they handle the transition from being in Opposition to taking charge of Victoria?

Say if the Coalition somehow wins the state election on November 24, how would they handle the transition from being in Opposition to taking charge of Victoria?

Well they'd probably struggle to stop squealing about gangs and crime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back