List Mgmt. Is Eric Mackenzie cooked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute beast of a defender from 11-14 best I’ve seen personally at the club in my time of watching. So good one v one, strong, good on the lead and a good pair of sticky hands. Was genuinely confident he would kill the contest or mark the ball at his peak. Was adding a very nice intercept and rebounding role to his game as well. I miss prime EMac :(

...or that time he got KNOCKED the heck OUT by a footy to the face in the pre-season? - Classic EMac.

I’ll never forget that. Happened literally right in front of me. Honestly looked like he’d broken something bad.

If he wasnt injured theres a very good chance he'd be in the team ahead of barrass.he hasnt been great this year

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Absolute beast of a defender from 11-14 best I’ve seen personally at the club in my time of watching. So good one v one, strong, good on the lead and a good pair of sticky hands. Was genuinely confident he would kill the contest or mark the ball at his peak. Was adding a very nice intercept and rebounding role to his game as well. I miss prime EMac :(
Darren Glass before your time?

Glass was better for a longer period of time I just thought that Emacs peak was better that’s all

I love the Big Easy, but Glass had 4 AA nods (including captain in 2012) and 3 club champion awards (two of them while club captain).

And kept Big, Bad Barry goalless on Grand Final day.

3 games short of life membership. Might still get the LM nod regardless. Given he has been captain, best and fairest, somehow not an All Australian, and has only been cut short by a very small margin through mostly no fault of his own, you'd think the club will overlook the 150 games mark.

In a club that has had no shortage of gun defenders over the 3 decades of our existence, defensively he comfortably sits alongside them. (Fair to say not as good with ball in hand as others but won't hold the against him to harshly).

If he doesn't pull on the blue and gold again he'll be missed.

Is Juddy a life member yet? He was on 138 or something

I don't think he's done yet, he'll get over this toe injury and get back in the frame, I'm sure the club would be willing to give him another year. He's an absolute professional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
And step up he did. Well done young man.
think that proves the place players are adhering to. With Gov out he played a different role and the same applies to Masten, Redden etc. time for some on here to stop laying out on players until they know what role they have been give. Well now that our midfield can play without carrying snails at leat

Lol
such a touching eulogy for a great Eagles player....Big Footy has put him into retirement at the ripe old age of 29!
I wonder if anyone told Emac?

Do you reckon we'll see the Big Ezy in the second half of the season? I hope he gets another crack at it - even if it means changing clubs. He's just turned 30. Could well have another three seasons in him.
I feel we are a better and more dynamic side with 2 talls down back, not three. His God-like save in the final last year also papered over the cracks in that game, as Dixon gave him a bit of a bath.

I don’t think he’s Best 22 here. He would be elsewhere, would be happy to see somebody throw him a bone.

Id rather eMac on buddy than barras. Barras is overall a better player but one one eMac wins. So bring him in vs Sydney

This, assuming he was back to something resembling peak form and fitness.

This part of Barrass' game will improve as he gets older, but truthfully, at the moment he is not a great one on one defender - plays his best football when he's able to zone off and run at the football, but quality key forwards still regularly touch him up in the one on ones.

McGovern is pretty much the same diff- the one weakness in his otherwise amazing game is defending from behind- he struggles for pace on the lead.

This hole in our side has been papered over a bit because of the wins, but outside of the Buddy obliteration in round one, Reiwoldt kicked 5, and Hawkins, Lynch and Dixon all looked like getting majorly off the leash in losing sides, if it weren't for rotten goal kicking or injuries.

That means there may be a place for Mackenzie in a must win game, but the window is closing fast- a year from now Barrass will be a far better defender than he is at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back