Preview Rnd 8 - Carlton v *Essendon Sat 12th May 2.10PM @ MCG - Team post #787

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that would be a nice start. About half the Essendon board wants Carlton to win today.

While I didn't think Worsfold was a good appointment, the Bomber faithful seemed okay with it at the time.

Has he become what Mick Malthouse was to us? Stubborn and outdated with a s**t or non existent game plan?

While I didn't think Worsfold was a good appointment, the Bomber faithful seemed okay with it at the time.

Has he become what Mick Malthouse was to us? Stubborn and outdated with a s**t or non existent game plan?
Thought it at the time and still do.

They went down the messiah route after their transgressions, reminded me of Pagan way back when (though Denis didn’t know what was to come).

We didn’t learn when going back to that approach with Mick. They haven’t learnt from the Hird experiment.

Their list is overrated and coach outdated, it’s glorious. Whatever happens today won’t change that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Darcy. Let’s bring an aggressive four quarter effort of tackling , gut running , backing up , shepherding, first option , take the game on , hitting targets , retaining possession and everything it takes to win From the whole team. Grrrrrr. Go Navy Blues .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Me to the register jockey at the Coles bottle-o, decked out in her Bombers gear last night (after stirring her up throughout the transaction): "Nah, good luck tomorrow arvo, just hope it's a good game."

Her: "Good luck to you, hope they do well."

Me: "You know, for a second there it sounded like we both meant what we said."

Watching the swans win last night was a clear demonstration of the importance of pressure. We really need to lift in this area specially in our forward 50. Most of Ben Ronke 7 goals were due to persistent pressure. We showed this in 2nd quarter against crows but is clearly an area we need to progress.

Was stubborn at West Coast with his game plan was just lucky to have had one of the best midfields ever. Lost count how many games he would have to roll the dice in the 4th quarter and do something like throw Adam Hunter forward to win them the game.

Its a Half Back Talisman fashioned by Paul Bower, passed onto Simon White, O'Shea now in possession

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ridiculous... let me explain the real lineage:

It was forged in the fires of the 2002 season by Andrew Merrington in a desperate cling to power.

In 2003 it was stolen by Mick Martyn, who in turn had it ripped from his grasp in 2004 by Adrian Deluca, who held onto it for 3 years amidst a brutal battle for its possession.

After years of bloodshed Deluca handed the talisman over to Jordan Russell in 2007 - intended as an act of compassion - and so began the terrifying reign of Russell the Regular.

From there it went directly to White, who has presumably passed it onto O'Shea.

SocMed team needs to not open photoshop on a Friday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back