Toast Rd 8 Blues beat Bombers by 13 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who thinks we need to chase big $$$$ FA's may want to rethink that position.

Look at what those young guys did today and compare that with what Saad, Stringer & Smith did for the Bombers. Getting quality youth via the draft is a complete no-brainer and gives you such a burst of excitement when results like today come around.

Best thing about today is that the players now know what all the training & drills they have worked hard on are for even though they may have been quite frustrated with it prior.

We are heading in the right direction, today just proves it.

Beating Essendon ........... nothing better IMO.

Stringer had a nice goal assist at one stage.

Other than that, the only time I noticed him was when he was hanging around the f50 like a bad smell, trying to get cheeky (cheapie) hand-offs from team-mates who had just taken strong marks.

And even then, he only bothered doing that in Q4.

Waste of space

Essendon guy out front burning his scarf lol

laughter.gif

Just want to give a bit of love to L Jones. I thought he was absolutely massive. He had no idea what he was doing in the first few rounds but has really turned it around.

You could see he only left his direct opponent when he was absolutely sure that it was safe. He always spoiled towards the boundary and did not bite of more than he could chew with his kicking.

Great to see a player learning his lessons and turning it around. I thought he was our best few today.
Just want to give a bit of love to L Jones. I thought he was absolutely massive. He had no idea what he was doing in the first few rounds but has really turned it around.

You could see he only left his direct opponent when he was absolutely sure that it was safe. He always spoiled towards the boundary and did not bite of more than he could chew with his kicking.

Great to see a player learning his lessons and turning it around. I thought he was our best few today.
That's what i like about Jones, if he leaves his man, he makes sure he punches it 30m away, often to a team mate. Should get a kick and clearance on the stat sheet for it

I had my doubts about the O'Brien pick but he's showing so much more early in his career than I thought. Elite running capacity and elite skills, what a mix.

A lot stronger in contested situations than what the draft "experts" told us. His tackling has been surprisingly good and is picking up the tempo of the game really quickly.

Wait til he gets a bit more strength and he's going to be Gaff like IMO.

Dow just showing enough in patches, his break away speed is delicious! Both are perfect compliments to our midfield.

Dow was everywhere in the last quarter - around all stoppages , providing run. He may not have had huge numbers, but he will , and when he does he will be enormous for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not a Lamb fan and I’m not in the anti-lamb group.

His game didn’t surprise me, I knew he could do this, seen it before. His issue is he is on his 3rd club and once or twice a year at those 3 clubs he has a game like today.

He has been given every opportunity to do it 22 times a year and for whatever reason it hasn’t happened.

Now realistically his chances in the AFL system should be over, but they aren’t, so yet again he will get a chance to do it again next week, then the following week and then another 6 times this year.

Will he? I don’t know, I hope he does not only for the club, but for him personally.

Smith= Tried hard, did some good stuff.
Saad= two flash bits the rest shizen.
Stringer= Potato.

Nice work Dodoro.
they are top-up trades when you think you are in contention - only 1 thing * are in contention for

Liked what i saw of Lang. Understandably looked short of a run, but showed enough signs to have me believe he is the player we need right now. Can pinch hit in midfield, and knows where the goals are. Showed leadership in directing players (hopefully can bring experience from a strong cultured club) and looked very neat and smart. Worked hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back