D1 Division 1 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any other teams in the VAFA who suffer so horribly from injury?
are you joking? everyone is always at full depth except for ormond, who are injury ravaged every week, just gotta wait for half the team to bolt to europe in june

No one seems to post much on here about their club , so just saying we have a few out. I would think Rovers are miles ahead at this stage and hoping we get a full list to challenge for promotion. Oakleigh came at us hard yesterday by playing direct footy in the rain. They have great new social facilities with $5 schooners of Carlton on tap. Once again a tough game between to local clubs.

Don't think I can recall any team having a percentage of 427 at this time of the season like what the Rovers have now. In fact, they have won the previous 3 games by 100+ points.

Sent from my 4055T using Tapatalk

Don't think I can recall any team having a percentage of 427 at this time of the season like what the Rovers have now. In fact, they have won the previous 3 games by 100+ points.

Sent from my 4055T using Tapatalk

Mr Cave, it is a huge percentage. You are flying.
The relegation and promotion system is an absolute ripper. I couldn’t love it more. In the case of the Rovers, a little like Uni Blacks and Fitzroy also this year, a team drops down for a variaty of reasons. Sometimes just luck and injuries play a major part. But these teams are afforded the great opportunity to regroup in a lower grade and bounce right back up if they can keep their team together and if so they are more than likely to prosper. Rovers are looking great. Well done to you and all the hard workers there.

Last edited:
Mr Cave, it is a huge percentage. You are flying.
The relegation and promotion system is an absolute ripper. I couldn’t love it more. In the case of the Rovers, a little like Uni Blacks and Fitzroy also this year, a team drops down for a variaty of reasons. Sometimes just luck and injuries play a major part. But these teams are afforded the great opportunity to regroup in a lower grade and bounce right back up if they can keep their team together and if so they are more than likely to prosper. Rovers are looking great. Well done to you and all the hard workers there.
Hard to watch the Hoes at the moment. Can't remember results like this before and I've been around the club for a long time. We've just got to suck it up and soldier on I suppose.

Even more so when you consider that is one of the main edges the VAFA has over other leagues

It will correct itself within a year. It always does. Strugglers will go down and find their feet again. Likewise Rockstars will go up and be tested far more.

Therry could have up to seven players out this week , two to suspension and injuries. Rioli said they have massive depth. They have Hampton, Prahran and Ormond the next three.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Their twos appeared to be fairly strong but looked as though they had quite a few older players. Will be interesting. Injury bug seems to be worse than normal. We had 8 changes from the Therry game to the Preston game, all injuries. Compounded by already having probably 8 or more blokes out. We've used 39 players already.

On the discussion above about huge margins, I understand but I feel like that's common in at least a handful of VAFA grades every year. There's always one or two dominant sides and/or one or two sides well off the pace. Lets wait another 5 weeks when everyone has played each other once to see where everything is at. My guess is that Hampton and Ormond won't be miles ahead of everyone, there'll be a log jam from 3-8, but Brunswick and Ivanhoe likely to still be struggling. Again, we will wait and see.

Tips:
Hampton
Ormond
Kew
Prahran
Preston

Anyone read much into what clubs enter as the best players these days. Seems a few clubs making a farce of the system with the Bullants serial offenders. Dean and Shaun Calcedo never in the best yet go close to league B&F every season. Could say the same about Therry and Banniester bros

Nonetheless tips this week:
Rovers
Ormond
Kew
Pharan
Bullants (game of the round)
It’s usually worst 6 on ground named in the best I reckon. Throws the opposition off the scent. Great tactic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their twos appeared to be fairly strong but looked as though they had quite a few older players. Will be interesting. Injury bug seems to be worse than normal. We had 8 changes from the Therry game to the Preston game, all injuries. Compounded by already having probably 8 or more blokes out. We've used 39 players already.

On the discussion above about huge margins, I understand but I feel like that's common in at least a handful of VAFA grades every year. There's always one or two dominant sides and/or one or two sides well off the pace. Lets wait another 5 weeks when everyone has played each other once to see where everything is at. My guess is that Hampton and Ormond won't be miles ahead of everyone, there'll be a log jam from 3-8, but Brunswick and Ivanhoe likely to still be struggling. Again, we will wait and see.

Tips:
Hampton
Ormond
Kew
Prahran
Preston
Still hearing stories about Therry and snipers. We never had an issue last year.
Same tips here

It’s usually worst 6 on ground named in the best I reckon. Throws the opposition off the scent. Great tactic.
Definitely there is merit to what you are saying, but if the same players were getting in the best each week (which they are) but in fact were the worst, wouldn't they get dropped eventually?

Great win by the Rovers against Therry Penola in wet conditions out at Boss James Reserve today.

The Rovers were down to one rotation on the bench and were a point up at 3/4 time, yet they were able to beat the Lions by 22 points and be 6-0 by the end of the day. If Hampton Rovers and Ormond continue their winning streak by the time they meet in Round 9, surely the VAFA might move the starting time of the match at Boss James from the traditional 2pm to 3:30-4pm to be staged as a twilight match?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great win by the Rovers against Therry Penola in wet conditions out at Boss James Reserve today.

The Rovers were down to one rotation on the bench and were a point up at 3/4 time, yet they were able to beat the Lions by 22 points and be 6-0 by the end of the day. If Hampton Rovers and Ormond continue their winning streak by the time they meet in Round 9, surely the VAFA might move the starting time of the match at Boss James from the traditional 2pm to 3:30-4pm to be staged as a twilight match?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FWIW post of the year so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back