Toast Rd 8 Blues beat Bombers by 13 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit. Dons have awesome youth. Who would not want Laverde, Mutch, Parish, McNeice, McShit, The Empty Package and all over our youngsters? It is a no brainer the Dons are going the right direction...

Suck it Red and Black Injectors
(he was being sarcastic)

Looking at amazing stats.
For the Injectors, Devon Smith had 5 times as many tackles as Heppell, Hurley, Floggard and The Empty Package combined. I repeat, combined....those 4 muppets collectively could only muster 20% of the amount of tackles he put out on his own.
You idiot Devon. No point going to a club to be a midfielder and high half forward where they have no future.

What a ripping win!! I was so looking forward to this match. Had the feeling they were mentally weak and we would be buoyed by our INS. My obs:

• Forward line looked open and mobile
  • Lang's first goal gave everyone confidence - classy finish
  • We wanted it more than *don (how good to watch us continually outnumber a team at the contest)
  • Lamb at his niggling best gets the team up and about
  • Jones is back in form - what a difference having him know when to leave his man, know when to punch, know when to mark..and his disposal is spot on!
  • Charlie is scary - you could see in Ambrose's eyes that he had no answer
  • Charlie needs to work hard on his set shot goal-kicking. Bad habits/lack of confidence are creeping in already. Get Sav on to him NOW
  • Cripps simply stands for everything we want our football team to be
  • Dow and LOB took a couple more steps forward today, particularly LOB (he might want to talk to Sav as well)
  • Rowe is as solid as a rock - has settled our backline down
  • Simmo was awesome - was worried about his last two weeks then he produces this
  • Daisy has been great in the backline
  • Kruez - what a competitor
  • Ed was inspiring - another great competitor
I could go on, but that is what stood out to me. PLUS our tackling...haven't seen us hold our tackles like that for a long time..

13 Ed
8 SPS
7 Kerridge
7 Graham
7 Cripps
5 Fish
5 Garlett

PB's for a few I would think. Good signs..

Okay go back to my original point, as you seem to have caught this conversation midstream and focused in on one aspect

"Last year, despite the Tigers winning the flag, the other 7 teams in the 8, were taller than the majority of sides that missed the 8"

They are the facts. This year, so far, it is a similar story. Not suggesting we have to play 4 talls, in the forward line, suggesting we play guys that are in form, no matter whether the are small or talls. People seem to think that there is a certain criteria, 4 talls in that WC lineup seems to work just fine
I think it mostly depends on the makeup of the players a team has surrounding those talls and if some of those talls struggle for leg speed themselves(Casboult Silvagni ) . Wright being slow i think adds to the problem . If your midfield has several players of questionable legspeed (Cripps Kennedy Ed? )and is a bit one paced and your backline plays tall several (Rowe Plowman Oshea )being not so nimble . I feel we fit that criteria perfectly . So playing 4 talls in Casboult Mckay Curnow and Silvagni in that makeup is not going to win many games imo now or in the near future .
Yes i have come into midstream so may have misconstrued so apologies if so . :thumbsu:

Great team performance, so good to get our first win on the board especially against Essendon.

Hopefully we have a few more coming up before season's end, no way I want to see us finishing last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear we had a win. In my opinion the long term signs are good and we now have a nice nucleus of younger guys with serious talent. A few more wins will be nice but further development of the young lads is the key.

I don't know if lloyd will be happy or not about the loss but Robbo will be.

He's been trying to Mathew Knights poor old Woosha for a while now .

Woosa doesn't bow to the media and gives them nothing, that will be his primary reason, it doesn't fit in with his agenda.

They both deserve each other as far as I'm concerned.

I got an exclusive invite to the pre-game next week - for my long-term commitment to the club - pretty sure it's just me so that's quite an honour
Mine must be lost in the mail

I think the biggest and best thing that came out of yesterday is the thought that our kids can really be stars in the future.

C Curnow was a few set shots away from being a monster

LOB the same if he nailed his chance he would have had a fantastic game. But was still very good.

A little worried about SPS but all in all the kids look great.

Love what Lang brings. To me he is what I think Cunners can turn into. An inside outside mid with class and poise. Exactly what we need.

Best on ground ed, lamb career best with McKay and Dow. Jones, Kruezer, SPS, Rowe, Lang, ed season best performances. Look at Charlie’s 2nd and3rd quarters. If he does that for an entire game that’s Buddy Franklin like. Cripps’s 1st quarter was amazing then he went forward Koreans received more tighter attention. Garlett, LOB, Graham and plowman our worst. Plowman is turning into a regular offender. I reckon he only keeps his role for leadership and this criteria is assessed by CD.
4477EB88-4358-4252-8A2D-FCDDCF525BFD.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back