Perth Stadium (Optus Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

Attended the Port West Coast game on the weekend.

This was my first football game at Optus stadium.

- Public transport to and from the game GREAT
- Food and drink service/quality GREAT
- Toilets GREAT
- Stadium layout GREAT
- View of the game GREAT
- Atmosphere TERRIBLE

The atmosphere aspect for me was a real letdown. I believe the atmosphere is wat makes a great venue not all of the other nice to have aspects.

For a 50K crowd it was dead quite and felt more like an open day than a football game. Reminded me of the GABBA in many was, which is not a good thing.

Hopefully the crowds don't ever drop off for the Dockers and Eagles as Optus could start feeling very cold with a small crowd.

I couldn’t disagree with you more on this.

I’ve been to 3 games at Optus, Eagles v Sydney, Eagles v Geelong and Derby 47.

The Eagles v Geelong game in particular was the loudest thing I’ve ever heard in my life, I’ve never experienced an atmosphere like it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I couldn’t disagree with you more on this.

I’ve been to 3 games at Optus, Eagles v Sydney, Eagles v Geelong and Derby 47.

The Eagles v Geelong game in particular was the loudest thing I’ve ever heard in my life, I’ve never experienced an atmosphere like it.

The last quarter in the Sydney game when we got a run on, was very loud.

Does anyone know what the name of the song which West Coast have been using for their entrance at the start of the game is? I’ve drawn a complete blank on it.

Joker & the thief by wolfmother isnt it?

That’s it, thanks heaps

No worries!
In saying that the only thing the eagles need to change is that little silent moment between wolfmother and the theme song, kind of kills the atmosphere a bit.

No worries!
In saying that the only thing the eagles need to change is that little silent moment between wolfmother and the theme song, kind of kills the atmosphere a bit.
Port did this well today - the Rudimenal theme song ends just as they run through the banner, and it jumps straight into the intro to "Power to Win"

Port did this well today - the Rudimenal theme song ends just as they run through the banner, and it jumps straight into the intro to "Power to Win"
Yeah eagles run out to wolfmother and then when theyre half way to the middle of the ground theres a moment of nothing and then the eagles song starts as theyre having shots at goal. Just doesnt flow very well

Richmond did this well with the drums. Soon as the drumers stopped and raised their sticks as we hit the banner the opening horns of the song kicked in and it flowed well. Then we changed the version of the theme song and lost the gusto opening. Now it’s as flat as ever with our private school ra ra and organ.

Eagles just need to get rid of the ‘Hey Eagles’ part and get straight into it. Would flow alright.

that's the first time I have seen a specific capacity for the stadium for football.
from this article
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/p...-of-west-coast-v-richmond-clash-ng-b88834156z

"He said attendances at the stadium had not got close to the capacity of 60,233 due to no-shows and because WA footy crowds comprised a large proportion of annual reserve seat sales. The derby was sold out bar a handful of the worst restricted view seats, however 3500-4000 seated Fremantle members did not turn up or returned their tickets for resale."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that's the first time I have seen a specific capacity for the stadium for football.
from this article
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/p...-of-west-coast-v-richmond-clash-ng-b88834156z

"He said attendances at the stadium had not got close to the capacity of 60,233 due to no-shows and because WA footy crowds comprised a large proportion of annual reserve seat sales. The derby was sold out bar a handful of the worst restricted view seats, however 3500-4000 seated Fremantle members did not turn up or returned their tickets for resale."
:thumbsdown:

The amount of people attending Games as a percentage of capacity is similar to Subi. If it was 5 or 10k bigger, I don't doubt they would have 5 or 10k bigger crowds. The no shows will always occur, so empty seats do not necessarily mean lack of demand.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

from this article

Wonder the number of Eagles tickets returned for resale, plus the number resold by each club?

Be interesting to see given fine weather forecast and that it appears to be sold out. At least there aren't any tickets available as of right now.
57,616 attended the game which broke the record for any footy game in Perth. Also was the largest percentage of members to attend a West Coast game and second highest in AFL history.

Heard on the radio today that the stadium train station is going to be open every weekend so people can enjoy the surrounding parks and playgrounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back