Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i wonder if Hannebery needs a season off?

He's been under duress below the hips since he was taken out by wood in 2016GF. He's 25, a long career in front of him. We need to give him a reprieve and have every chance to be back to his gut running best, or i fear he just muddles along for the rest of his days hampered whilst we scrabble to make finals yearly.

He's been under duress below the hips since he was taken out by wood in 2016GF. He's 25, a long career in front of him. We need to give him a reprieve and have every chance to be back to his gut running best, or i fear he just muddles along for the rest of his days hampered whilst we scrabble to make finals yearly.

He is 27. Still has a few decent years ahead of him if he can get fit again.

Optus oval has ruined our season1!!

The amount of injuries emerging from Perth Stadium is frightening.

We lost Ablett, Cockatoo and CGuthrie during our round three game.

Taberner broke his foot and Tory Dickson hurt his hamstring only days ago.

The amount of injuries emerging from Perth Stadium is frightening.

We lost Ablett, Cockatoo and CGuthrie during our round three game.

Taberner broke his foot and Tory Dickson hurt his hamstring only days ago.

If someone gets slinged to the ground or jumps for a mark and lands on their head he is gonna be in serious trouble, they need to fix that s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today I heard this from a Xavier person so not sure if same issue & this from Longmire suggests it's not the same problem.

"Hannebery battled a groin issue early last season but Longmire said the star midfielder had a fresh concern."
Playing it down

The OP never left

Thought is was but not

Hopefully doesn’t end his career

Last edited:
Playing it down

The OP never left

Thought is was but not

Hopefully doesn’t end his career

Was seriously mismanaged last year. Don't care what anyone says he was laboured as s**t every week in 2017. He's Hannebery so of course he'd put his hand up to play every game, but Horse should've stepped in

Had a bone bruise on heel once. Painful. Can't run, hurts to be weight bearing. Mine healed quickly 1-2 weeks by rest. If he has done it round 1 and continued to play without rest then it can get complicated. From what I've read the bruising occurs because of compression of flesh around the heel flattening out and not providing cushioning. By continuing to overuse sometimes the bone becomes deeply bruised and can take 1-2 mths to heal in worst cases. A little worried now having read that and applied it to Buddy's circumstances.

This may explain his average kicking for goals of late. If your plant foot is the culprit his final plant to kick will give him a jolt of pain and skew his rythm

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back