Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

If the state election was brought forward to this Saturday, would Labor still win the election or will it be a hung parliament result?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the Liberals has anyone other than Matthew Guy as leader, they're half a chance of causing an upset on November 24.

But the problem for the Liberals is that the longer Guy is Opposition Leader, the greater Labor has of retaining government.
If the Coalition wants to win the election, they have to show the electorate that they have learnt of the mistakes they made the last time they were in office, and also focus more on the economy, education and industrial relations, especially seeing Victoria is home to some of the most militant unions in the nation who could cause major problems for the government.

If I was in charge of the Liberals election campaign, I'd tell them even though they are focusing on the 2018 election campaign, they would be better off winning in 4 years time. In other words, use the 2018 campaign as a launching pad for 2022. After all, the Liberals aren't ready to govern...not this year.

According to last month's Newspoll, Matthew Guy's net satisfaction rating is higher than Daniel Andrews. In fact, all of the Coalition's public polling numbers are better than Ted Baillieu's were at the same time in 2010.

The references to a certain dinner last year just aren't cutting through. Meanwhile paramedics are being beaten up, and the Appeal Judge tells the victims "I wish there was something I could do for you" while she quashes the "manifestly excessive" sentences of the perpetrators.

Those sentences were eight months in jail and four months in jail.

It's hard to trust a party on law and order when their own attitude to theft and fraud is "we paid the money back, so everything is OK now".

If the Liberals has anyone other than Matthew Guy as leader, they're half a chance of causing an upset on November 24.
LOL you'd think that but then you actually have a look at the Liberal MPs and unfortunately Guy is their best and most moderate option. The Religious Right have been purging the party of the wets (the only ones who actually have a chance in the more progressive Victoria). This is also part of the reason the Liberals have no money, the ones who control the purse strings wont give it to the those taking over the party.

According to last month's Newspoll, Matthew Guy's net satisfaction rating is higher than Daniel Andrews. In fact, all of the Coalition's public polling numbers are better than Ted Baillieu's were at the same time in 2010.

The references to a certain dinner last year just aren't cutting through. Meanwhile paramedics are being beaten up, and the Appeal Judge tells the victims "I wish there was something I could do for you" while she quashes the "manifestly excessive" sentences of the perpetrators.

It's hard to trust a party on law and order when their own attitude to theft and fraud is "we paid the money back, so everything is OK now".
But you do understand the doctrine of 'The Separation of Powers', don't you?

There might just be more where that came from.

The main reason the Libs won't win is they are broke.

Just aren't cutting through? Just wait till when the actual campaign comes around and the amount of dirt Andrew's and Co have on Guy and his credibility. They don't need to say anything now. I find it staggering it's even close, Guy is a narccisstic idiot, has no real compassion or empathy about any topic he talks about. If he thinks that's the way you need to lead and he is getting approval for it obviously that shows just how brain dead our society has become.

Just aren't cutting through? Just wait till when the actual campaign comes around and the amount of dirt Andrew's and Co have on Guy and his credibility. They don't need to say anything now. I find it staggering it's even close, Guy is a narccisstic idiot, has no real compassion or empathy about any topic he talks about. If he thinks that's the way you need to lead and he is getting approval for it obviously that shows just how brain dead our society has become.

Take either one of them out the race and the other party would be favored to win IMO. Both Andrews and Guy are as bad as each other, both are corrupt, both are dodgy, and both are just all round sh*t leaders to have running the state. I will be voting for the person who doesn't rort votes, and the person who doesn't dine out with dangerous individuals tied to the mafia. Obviously won't be voting for either Guy or Andrews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take either one of them out the race and the other party would be favored to win IMO. Both Andrews and Guy are as bad as each other, both are corrupt, both are dodgy, and both are just all round sh*t leaders to have running the state. I will be voting for the person who doesn't rort votes, and the person who doesn't dine out with dangerous individuals tied to the mafia. Obviously won't be voting for either Guy or Andrews.
Andrew's just needs to be less blunt with how things come across, needs a good spokesperson telling him how to communicate a bit better. What he is doing isn't coming out the way he intends alot of the time because he seems unapologetic. Doing good things for the state gets ignored if you tell people what goods for them instead of trying to get people to understand what's good for them and how you communicate that.

If the election goes down to the wire (ie hung parliament) on November 24, don't be surprised to see the Greens, One Nation and independents plus Ricky Muir to form a bloc to decide who will govern Victoria for the next 4 years.

The problem is that could be either party

Andrew's just needs to be less blunt with how things come across, needs a good spokesperson telling him how to communicate a bit better. What he is doing isn't coming out the way he intends alot of the time because he seems unapologetic. Doing good things for the state gets ignored if you tell people what goods for them instead of trying to get people to understand what's good for them and how you communicate that.

And having a local newspaper at your throat doesn’t help.

Amazing but Melbourne just elected a property development lobbyist as Lord Mayor. I f you were to add Guy, the developers best mate as premier then seriously, god help us. And that’s not biased rhetoric

If the election goes down to the wire (ie hung parliament) on November 24, don't be surprised to see the Greens, One Nation and independents plus Ricky Muir to form a bloc to decide who will govern Victoria for the next 4 years.

The Lower House forms Government in Vic.
Outside the major parties only the Greens would pick up any seats in that Chamber

If the Liberals lose the election, there'll be two things they would look back on with regret:

1) Starting their 2018 election campaign far too early and with a heavy emphasis on crime, when the electorate would prefer to see how they would deal with industrial relations and the economy.

2) Not moving on Opposition Leader Matthew Guy when it was revealed he had dinner at a lobster restaurant with a Mafia godfather.

Ricky Muir will be a chance in Morwell - remember the ALP, Libs, Nats, Greens and the local member will all be running. Genuine six-cornered contest. Winner could get high teens in primary vote like Andrew Wilkie did the first time in Denison.

They appoint magistrates too, don’t they?
Did the magistrate get it right?

Care to research if labor did appoint that judge?

Jail population is at an all time high ( or at least since the whole continent was a prison) so logic tells you people are being locked up

If the Liberals lose the election, there'll be two things they would look back on with regret:

1) Starting their 2018 election campaign far too early and with a heavy emphasis on crime, when the electorate would prefer to see how they would deal with industrial relations and the economy.

2) Not moving on Opposition Leader Matthew Guy when it was revealed he had dinner at a lobster restaurant with a Mafia godfather.

Meh if I was putting out adverts in a dirty campaign I’d be looking at guys performance as planning minister/developers friend

If the Coalition thinks that having a big media giant like News Limited might help them be victorious on November 24, they could be making a huge error of judgment. After all, newspaper editorials backing a political party-whether it's Labor or the Liberals-don't always helps that party wins elections.

Ricky Muir will be a chance in Morwell - remember the ALP, Libs, Nats, Greens and the local member will all be running. Genuine six-cornered contest. Winner could get high teens in primary vote like Andrew Wilkie did the first time in Denison.

I reckon the Lower House seat of Morwell could decide the outcome of the election.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back