Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year, Dylan Shiel comes out of contract (unless he renews with GWS). He would be absolutely ideal for our midfield - I wonder if the giants could be tempted to trade him early for a pick this year and next year. I know this is a super draft, but Sheil is still young enough and is a super player. if we traded out a 2018 1st and a 2019 pick for him, we would still be left with 1 1st rounder and carlton's 2nd rounder and if sloane or lynch goes it may net us another 1st rounder this year. thoughts??
Big Fish?

Next year, Dylan Shiel comes out of contract (unless he renews with GWS). He would be absolutely ideal for our midfield - I wonder if the giants could be tempted to trade him early for a pick this year and next year. I know this is a super draft, but Sheil is still young enough and is a super player. if we traded out a 2018 1st and a 2019 pick for him, we would still be left with 1 1st rounder and carlton's 2nd rounder and if sloane or lynch goes it may net us another 1st rounder this year. thoughts??
Where do we sign!

Finished top of the table last year, lost the GF after dominating all year, been really good the few years before that and travelling ok this year desptde injuries.

Why would we target second string hacks like Jayden Hunt and Stretch?

As a top club at present we should be trying to attract top talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finished top of the table last year, lost the GF after dominating all year, been really good the few years before that and travelling ok this year desptde injuries.

Why would we target second string hacks like Jayden Hunt and Stretch?

As a top club at present we should be trying to attract top talent.
Yeah like Sam Gibson

Replied to the wrong comment. Was about getting Will Brodie in.
Has had some recurring issues with knee tendinitis throughout his AFL tenure probably a reason why we haven't seen much of him to this point. Seem to recall he had the same issue as a junior?

Has had some recurring issues with knee tendinitis throughout his AFL tenure probably a reason why we haven't seen much of him to this point. Seem to recall he had the same issue as a junior?
He's been in the NEAFL every game this year so far and played nearly the entire year last year as well.

Just seems weird to me that they have way less talented players getting a shot, though it could simply be the same situation as someone like Hall where it's what he's doing without the ball that keeps him out. That has been the one big thing Dew has improved with any sort of defensive work being completely non-existent under Eade.

Knight is an A grade pressure forward.

Hunt is a dashing HBF/wingman.

We don't need to trade for a wingman IMO. Sign Lynch and move Jenkins to the wing and play Fogarty at FF. Why pay overs for a Hunt or Dalhous? We have plenty of their types already here and with good draft picks we will be set anyway in the future.

We don't need to trade for a wingman IMO. Sign Lynch and move Jenkins to the wing and play Fogarty at FF. Why pay overs for a Hunt or Dalhous? We have plenty of their types already here and with good draft picks we will be set anyway in the future.
How many do we have with Hunt's outside speed and linebreaking ability??

If we weren’t already well spoken for when it comes to tall forwards, I’d have a word to Darcy Moore about getting away from his dad’s shadow in Vic and playing for us.

In fact, for any Vic kid not progressing at his Melbourne club, get the Seed to have a word about the benefits of getting away from the Melbourne club culture of low expectations and play in front of 50,000 every week, regardless of the opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back