Trades Round 9 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Overjoyed Curnow got off, thinking Banfield to Ahern (if named) and Merrett to Macrae.

I know it's the wrong decision with Finlayson, Doedee, English, Pearce and Barry still needing to be down/upgraded but that 3 game average of 150+ is killing me!

AFL now appealing both Curnow tribunal outcomes...

I like it!
My first rage trades were -

Billings to Ah Chee
Christenson to Rockcliff via DPP.

I still like them and may end up going back to it - problem is I dont want to miss the boat on Phillips (though we can prob grab next week) and Ronke (some would say it has sailed off into the sunset already)

Also I look at it as you are paying for 2 x 60's off Rocky if he goes 120 this week. Obviously thats offset by the bench player brought in... I just feels like unnecessary to bring him in this week, and if he spuds up then its a real stuff up. Waiting the week on Rocky feels right and wont go up too much either.
Yea Phillips is in my trade plans for next week but i can't do it this week with my current midfield, really wish he had defender or forward status.

The bye has come at the worst time for Rocky, he is the only 'premium' i can upgrade to and has finally shown some form. Might try and see if i can find any other decent options instead of Rocky.

AFL now appealing both Curnow tribunal outcomes...

And so they should. ******* joke.

Hawkins goes, they go. Simple as that.

Exactly my sentiments. Good to see that the rest of the AFL community isn't as deluded as the tribunal. They should all be sacked, as it's just not good enough.

Tribunal are Muppets. I would have been furious if the AFL didn't appeal the decision after they did it to Houli last year. Glad they did.

Gone for Banfield -> Phillips, JOM -> Danger. had 106 in the bank which leaves me now with 157k.
Any other ideas for a better upgrade?

Tribunal are Muppets. I would have been furious if the AFL didn't appeal the decision after they did it to Houli last year. Glad they did.

Although with that said, it is a little transparent of them to not appeal the May decision, when Charlie Curnow's intent was probably less than that of May's. In my mind's eye, it was always that Charlie and May should have gotten off as careless, and Ed should have gotten a week. That stays consistent with the rulings in previous weeks.

Although with that said, it is a little transparent of them to not appeal the May decision, when Charlie Curnow's intent was probably less than that of May's. In my mind's eye, it was always that Charlie and May should have gotten off as careless, and Ed should have gotten a week. That stays consistent with the rulings in previous weeks.

I had no real issue with May's contact but both Curnow's appeared to deliberately shove / Sheppard the umpire away which shouldn' be done.

I had no real issue with May's contact but both Curnow's appeared to deliberately shove / Sheppard the umpire away which shouldn' be done.

Mmm I guess, but Charlie's looked to me more like he was trying to break up the conflict and was sort of shepherding the umpire away without realizing. Ed's was more cut and dry, as he made eye contact and pushed off the umpire which was unnecessary and sets a bad precedent for junior and lower leagues. If Charlie gets a week / doesn't get a week after appeal, then I won't be bothered either way, but Ed should 100% be missing a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the news Clarke is debuting, taking a chance on him on debut

Billings > Clarke
Kelly > Macrae

Gone for Banfield -> Phillips, JOM -> Danger. had 106 in the bank which leaves me now with 157k.
Any other ideas for a better upgrade?

Phillips is probably a lock inclusion this week so in your scenario I think JOM-> Phillips is a good first trade (Brayshaw still with some cash to make).

I think your Def/fwds could use an upgrade each before you go back to your midfield.

I would suggest trading your donuts first for your second trade this week (ie Naughton).

Eg: Naughton -> Yeo (has a favorable bye and scoring consistently). Bench Doedee for this week.

Next week you could look at something like:
1. Advanced trade Doedee -> Clarke up forward (via Keefe swapped back to DEF).
2. Spargo or Henry -> Premo fwd (Smith/McLean).

This is a fair view. Just on Charlie's one, Stevic said he didn't even realise he had been touched until he saw the replay. Probably the main reason he got off.

Phillips is probably a lock inclusion this week so in your scenario I think JOM-> Phillips is a good first trade (Brayshaw still with some cash to make).

I think your Def/fwds could use an upgrade each before you go back to your midfield.

I would suggest trading your donuts first for your second trade this week (ie Naughton).

Eg: Naughton -> Yeo (has a favorable bye and scoring consistently). Bench Doedee for this week.

Next week you could look at something like:
1. Advanced trade Doedee -> Clarke up forward (via Keefe swapped back to DEF).
2. Spargo or Henry -> Premo fwd (Smith/McLean).

I've been real hesitant on defenders, and to be honest I keep seeing Yeo as the Yeo from two years ago, didn't realise how consistent he's been, (but also richmond this week)

With the news Clarke is debuting, taking a chance on him on debut

Billings > Clarke
Kelly > Macrae

Nice!!
Hope Billings goes huge from now on!

Might go Phillips this week
Clarke next
Ahern after that.

Nice to see some healthy quality rookies (especially DPP) coming through.

Hopefully they drop the s*** senior players that provide nothing and give all the rookies a go.

Fair few Dogs supporters lining up to LOL if/when Stringer gets dropped....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back