Analysis Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

Are we better in 2018 than in 2015?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

As of right now? We absolutely look at least as good as 2015.

But we have to keep up the consistency. Still conscious of North's season a couple of years ago where they won the first 10 & then fell into a s**t heap. Can we keep playing at this level? I sure hope so - with guys like Ryan coming back to the side, we could be anything.

Our away form is the indicator.

We did well at home in 2015 but didnt do well away against good teams - hopefully this year that changes

2015 our one top 8 scalp was richmond at the g.
Though to be fair, have we really beaten anyone of note on the road yet?
  • Western Bulldogs are hardly setting the football world on fire
  • Cellar dwellers Carlton at the G in a tight one
  • Undermanned and sluggish GWS (admittedly we were also undermanned).
Don't know if that is a good indicator of our form in comparison to 2015.

Revisit in 2-weeks if we can roll the Hawks at Etihad.

Yeah in 2015 had we been without Gov,NN & Shuey for a game not confident we would have gotten over a midfield that despite injury still contained Coniglio, Ward, Shiel, Whitfield on the other side of the country.

I rate the Bulldogs game for the way we won it. They were poor but we put them to the sword. Carlton game was a bit meh. But the GWS we were missing enough of our best 22 that although probably not the same calibre had both teams been fully fit that it was more even than the way we controlled the game.

Only just saw this thread. Yikes.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely stoked by this season so far - but better than a team that made it to the granny after eight rounds? No way you can say that yet.

Careful, you’ll have CM9000 and Biggie on your back in no time if you keep that up
tenor.gif

Watching the ways the guys have been speaking in interviews/ body language etc, there is a quiet confidence with the group that I don't remember seeing last time we made the GF.
We’ve had good starts to seasons on a number of occasions before but lost momentum midway through.

Agree that the body language looks great this year though, even in the face of injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do people rate our 2011 vs our 2015?

We actually had a better record in 2011, and IMO had a stronger team (Glass, Embley, Cox, Kerr all there) and beat some better opposition IMO. That year is a bit hard to read as GC were new, Port were a worse basketcase than Brisbane or Carlton, and Geelong & Collingwood were stand out teams.

Though to be fair, have we really beaten anyone of note on the road yet?
  • Western Bulldogs are hardly setting the football world on fire
  • Cellar dwellers Carlton at the G in a tight one
  • Undermanned and sluggish GWS (admittedly we were also undermanned).
Don't know if that is a good indicator of our form in comparison to 2015.

Revisit in 2-weeks if we can roll the Hawks at Etihad.
Freo was technically an away game as well

Where do people rate our 2011 vs our 2015?

We actually had a better record in 2011, and IMO had a stronger team (Glass, Embley, Cox, Kerr all there) and beat some better opposition IMO. That year is a bit hard to read as GC were new, Port were a worse basketcase than Brisbane or Carlton, and Geelong & Collingwood were stand out teams.
We kicked ass in 2011, but everyone knew it was going to be Collingwood or Geelong

2012 was a ‘weak’ year. Noone took Sydney seriously. Hawthorn got off to a rocky start. We lost to Collingwood by 3 or so points in a midseason top of the table clash. When we dropped that game, we kinda dropped our bundle

2015 we had the marvellous web. Guys like Ellis, Rosa, Wellingham don’t seem as good as our rookies for mine though. We would’ve won the flag if Mayne kicked that goal straight in front to put the Dockers about 20-25 points ahead. Alas hawks rebounded and it was the classic 12 point play

2018 we are rejuvenated for sure by the new stadium and rebranding. Simmo has gone serious shorter cut for his gray hair, NicNat is single and slaying on and off the field, Darling is a happy dad, JK is loving being the second banana, Sam Mitchell has set the midfield alight

Will be disappointing if we don't make the GF this year
Really?

Of you said the 8 I’d agree

But the GF? Looooong way to go there

Back