Current Mass shooting at Margaret River

Remove this Banner Ad

So the father has come out made claims he had full knowledge of what was planned.

Hasnt reported the plan to police who would have immediately interviewed the daughter and removed the firearms.

*PS In WA if you are having any issues with someone you ring police and firearms will be stored at police station if there are any concerns.

Like I said, this will not be simplistic.

No he hasn't, not even remotely so. You are a genuinely terrible person who has single-handedly ruined this board. Try to muster some decency.

Shame on you.

No he hasn't, not even remotely so. You are a genuinely terrible person who has single-handedly ruined this board. Try to muster some decency.

Shame on you.

There is no point. Trev isn't interested in decency. His lunacy know's no bounds I'm afraid. He will post ad nauseum regarding the father regardless of fact or not.

For those that quoted a post of mine, yes I have made the necessary adjustments. You should too.

So I'm reading that Peter Miles had 3 children. One son Shawn killed himself 15 years ago, other son Neil has serious kidney problems and needs a transplant. Also reading about a son Tom who lived at the property but was not killed. So did they have 3 children or 4?

Senseless unnecessary act by Peter Miles.

For those that quoted a post of mine, yes I have made the necessary adjustments. You should too.

So I'm reading that Peter Miles had 3 children. One son Shawn killed himself 15 years ago, other son Neil has serious kidney problems and needs a transplant. Also reading about a son Tom who lived at the property but was not killed. So did they have 3 children or 4?

Senseless unnecessary act by Peter Miles.

Where you read that ?

I have a Herald Sun subscription. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...n/news-story/ce574a0fb6b0bd7284701cddb46348b8

"Their first son, Shawn, committed suicide about 15 years ago, another son is battling illness, while Katrina has had to deal with the emotional difficulties of a broken marriage."

"Police established that the Miles’ had two other children apart from Katrina — Neil and Tom — and that Tom, 27, lived at the farm. He was located quickly safe and well at an unknown location."

I have a Herald Sun subscription. http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...n/news-story/ce574a0fb6b0bd7284701cddb46348b8

"Their first son, Shawn, committed suicide about 15 years ago, another son is battling illness, while Katrina has had to deal with the emotional difficulties of a broken marriage."

"Police established that the Miles’ had two other children apart from Katrina — Neil and Tom — and that Tom, 27, lived at the farm. He was located quickly safe and well at an unknown location."

Lived in the caravan visible in photographs and was working away.

Blaming it for what? I'm just saying that perhaps the father has it too which might go someway to explaining his seemingly bizarre responses. Of course he might just be severely traumatised from his family just being wiped out.

One of my best mates has 4 kids, 3 are autistic. They range from pretty much fully functional to needing lifelong 24hr care.

Thank you for clarifying.

It's that I don't want the sole focus to be on Autism.

The father who can probably hear his heart cracking in his chest has spoken to the press against advice not to, he's saying some seemingly inappropriate things because imo he hasn't processed what's happened yet.

I totally agree shellyG well said.

He's most likely in a state of shock, one of the 7 stages of grief.
Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This can last for weeks.
I think, while it's obvious to some of us, why he was advised not to speak to the media so soon, the fact that he did shows a great deal of bravery.
This grieving father doesn't need harsh judgements or ignorant accusations. He needs what Australians do best and that's band together and support our own in times of great tragedy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely bizarre comments by the father.

I watched the interview this morning, very little emotion and grief for a father who's lost 4 children. If that's hes way of dealing with the matter, thats not for me to judge but in my opinion he came across as someone who doesnt appear to be in grasp of what's occurred.

HMMMMM .It is almost like Cockman is out to make himself the conspiracy theorists ideal suspect from central casting with his bizarre comments..."get them back"..".spent most of last night laughing"....".did a good job"..." only one of them that would hug me"..etc. etc. Also bit of a dig at the Ex Missus about money...would have to assume he was paying some child support...
Also interesting WAPOL making it clear they strongly advised him NOT to speak to media,,,
No...No....not buying it ....grief .shock...lack of sleep....if there was even an remote possibility he was involved there is no way WAPOL would be letting him walk around free for the last 48 hours,...surely not.

Researching the 2013 Gracetown shark attack that killed Cockmans mate Boyd and garnered national media attention as well.....even though Cockman was not present on the day he manages to get his head solo in a news article picture on the subject
.Makes a strange comment about " I said to him the night before that if anyone was going to survive a shark attack it would be a waterman like you" which is the sort of thing you might say to encourage a survivor, not to the remaining family of some poor bastard who was just bitten in half and died instantly....
Also gives his love to Boyd and his brother......
Seems to have some form for this sort of strange carry on after a tragedy.
Has made a definitive statement that he has never set foot past the front gate of that Forever Dreaming farm......no one could be that stupid if they were in any way involved.....
Move on Folks .....methinks nothing to see here.......

The dad is a Jehovah Witness, might also explain his comments. He would genuinely believe his kids may have passed on in this life, but he will see them again. Which leads me to ask, were the rest of the family JWs as well? Might explain the mass killing, could have been some religious motivation to it? Because a grandfather killing his grandchildren makes no sense. But a grandfather who believes he will see his grandchildren in the afterlife, maybe makes sense, from a religious standpoint?

Last edited:
The dad is a Jehovah Witness, might also explain his comments

a credible viewpoint, from their perspective, and having no idea on what their views/beliefs are I can only say that each to their own in terms of how they express their emotions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall hearing that all of the children were autistic
I can only imagine the difficulties and pressures of that household of true.

Maybe grandad reached his breaking point.

Trying the keep an open mind about it dad, but there’s something seriously off about him.
I’ll put it down to grief

The dad is a Jehovah Witness, might also explain his comments. He would genuinely believe his kids may have passed on in this life, but he will see them again. Which leads me to ask, were the rest of the family JWs as well? Might explain the mass killing, could have been some religious motivation to it? Because a grandfather killing his grandchildren makes no sense. But a grandfather who believes he will see his grandchildren in the afterlife, maybe makes sense, from a religious standpoint?
The dad certainly does not have the facial hair of a Jehovah's Witness.

A lot of speculation - I wouldn’t say factors such as autism, religious background, financial hardship and history of suicide and trauma in the family is actual causation, but they are all small pieces that may have some role to play.

I’m not sure if the entire family were Jehovah’s? Keeping in mind murder/suicide is a mortal sin in any Christian religion.

Farm suicide/murders such as these were most common in the US throughout the depression - however they were often the result of severe hardship and famine.

Bob Dylan song is eery - ‘seven shots ring out like the oceans pounding roar, there’s seven people dead on a South Dakota farm, somewhere in the distance there’s seven new souls born’

What I don't get is why the son who lived on the property was spared? Obviously he wasn't there at the time but he lived there.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why the son who lived on the property was spared? Obviously he wasn't there at the time but he lived there.

Not sure how many living sons there are but one has kidney disease, of course it's not rational or right but could money and inheritance have factored in?

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle...emininity-is-damaging-us-20180517-p4zfvt.html

The pros or cons of article itself aside, I liked this paragraph:

"If Peter Miles had been a stranger who appeared on that property in Margaret River and killed two women and four children he would have been a monster. If he’d been a Muslim he’d have been a terrorist and there would have been no mercy for him in the commentary about his crime. But he was related to the women and children he killed, so he had dominance and ownership of them. He’s not a monster or a terrorist, he’s a Good Bloke who “just snapped” and he became an object of sympathy."

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle...emininity-is-damaging-us-20180517-p4zfvt.html

The pros or cons of article itself aside, I liked this paragraph:

"If Peter Miles had been a stranger who appeared on that property in Margaret River and killed two women and four children he would have been a monster. If he’d been a Muslim he’d have been a terrorist and there would have been no mercy for him in the commentary about his crime. But he was related to the women and children he killed, so he had dominance and ownership of them. He’s not a monster or a terrorist, he’s a Good Bloke who “just snapped” and he became an object of sympathy."

If he was American he would be another victim of pseudo science

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/so...o-grandfathers-murder-of-family-ng-b88840726z

Remove this Banner Ad

Back