Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread (Cont. in Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, are you trying to make another point mate? if you're talking about the final being at the G what's the other solution?

No the argument is that we should win every single home game due to the massive advantage we have playing at home where as when they play at home against another Victorian side it's not particularly a massive advantage besides the crowd which means it's more difficult to win half their games than us hypothetically
So the Vics don't get a home ground advantage against other vic sides. But nor do they get an away ground disadvantage. Evens out.

We get a home ground advantage against all non-jettylicker sides, but conversely we always have an away ground disadvantage against non-jettylicker sides. Evens out.

Yes, very fickle indeed.

Something I have noticed living here in Victoria for 4 years is its not reciprocated, my Victorian mates don't quite understand this "hate" they kind of just blow us off as unimportant but I definitely don't get the same hate vibes towarda us as I get from WA footy fans towards them.

Yeah hating anyone based on a sport i ludicrous imo
Majority of Vics i have met out side of Vic have been flogs! Have even been mates with a couple and they were still flogs!

Yes, very fickle indeed.

Something I have noticed living here in Victoria for 4 years is its not reciprocated, my Victorian mates don't quite understand this "hate" they kind of just blow us off as unimportant but I definitely don't get the same hate vibes towarda us as I get from WA footy fans towards them.

Yeah hating anyone based on a sport i ludicrous imo
the main reason I would think is that so many of the Victorians still think it's the VFL - there are times listening to some of the football shows that the non Vic sides hardly get a mention. Probably mainly in the media and AFL house - the individuals are fine - they made a mistake when forming the AFL - all sides including the big Melbourne sides should have had to reapply to join, not just be an extended VFL. Having 10 sides in one city is a joke - in fact other codes do find this strange, particularly from overseas. Anyway it's often said with "tongue in cheek";).

They have the same advantages as us, perhaps us slightly more with the distance and heat ect
It's still heavily weighted in the Victorian teams favour imo, particularly when most of the non-Vic eastern state teams have travelled 30,000kms less than us and the VIC teams 40-50,000kms less than us during the year, it gets to finals and we're guaranteed to have to travel across the country again to win the GF. You can't underestimate the accumulative effect of all that travel during the year.

It's still heavily weighted in the Victorian teams favour imo, particularly when most of the non-Vic eastern state teams have travelled 30,000kms less than us and the VIC teams 40-50,000kms less than us during the year, it gets to finals and we're guaranteed to have to travel across the country again to win the GF. You can't underestimate the accumulative effect of all that travel during the year.
We should still hypothetically win all of our home games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know, how much of an effect does it have? Does anyone know? I did regular flying and once u r in a routine, it’s fantastic. Flying becomes more annoying than tiring.

Great about using big numbers. Not like they have to walk them though, is it?

I don’t know, how much of an effect does it have? Does anyone know? I did regular flying and once u r in a routine, it’s fantastic. Flying becomes more annoying than tiring.

Great about using big numbers. Not like they have to walk them though, is it?
Yeh sure, but you're not playing 3 hours of proffessional sport and then jumping on a plane with limited recovery time are you? It really doesn't take much of a brain to work out that doing that more often and for longer than another team would have a detrimental effect on the first team.

Callum Ah Chee looks like garbage. Another questionable high pick for GC.

One disposal (uncontested which went out on the full) and two free kicks against

Edit: 4 disposals (0% effective), 3 frees against

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back