Recommitted Darcy Moore [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood have gifted him 50 games based on potential rather than performance. Would be a big call by the pies to let him go now. Other than Grundy, Moore is the only tall player they've drafted over the last five years to show anything at all.

He's been at the club 4 years and hasn't produced a lot, i'm not exactly sure why he thinks he deserves big bucks.
Liam Pickering is the answer to that one.

My uneducated opinion is that Moore doesn't seem to be enjoying his footy as much as he was in year one, and he's hoping a move might change that.

Liam Pickering is the answer to that one.

My uneducated opinion is that Moore doesn't seem to be enjoying his footy as much as he was in year one, and he's hoping a move might change that.

Thats an interesting point. How many players.. come in from juniors where their talent allowed them to play in a looser comp.. more a talent based rather than effort based game

Thats an interesting point. How many players.. come in from juniors where their talent allowed them to play in a looser comp.. more a talent based rather than effort based game

I bought this up previously. In the TAC comp double teaming n zoning is frowned upon so when they get to the AFL they have never experienced it so will take a while to adjust or even worse it destroys their career. It’s why I believe kpf are better prepared from outside Victoria.

Collingwood have gifted him 50 games based on potential rather than performance. Would be a big call by the pies to let him go now. Other than Grundy, Moore is the only tall player they've drafted over the last five years to show anything at all.
Not true, he was pretty good last year outside of the first 6 to 8 games.

Genuine question - If Collingwood get to trade period and Moore and DeGoey have both asked for a trade, does this put Buckley under pressure?

Losing 2 good/promising young players would put a dint in any suggestion that a club is building towards something and inevitably open up questions about all parts of the program.

Mind you, I think a lot will come down to how the club performs for the rest of the year. If they do well, then Moore/DeGoey will have more hope and belief in the club and be more likely to stay...Just as the club will have more hope and belief in Bucks in that eventuality. If the club does badly however, the opposite could occur, and they could end up with an avalanche ...one departure could be the nudge that leads someone on the fence to also leave, which 'inspires' another..etc...

Several clubs have enquired about Moore, including Sydney, but the Swans are considered a longshot to secure the key-position prospect, who will probably be missing until after the bye given that he has had two hamstring injuries already this year and the Pies have been extremely careful in managing him.Collingwood is understood to be the only club to have made Moore a formal offer. The two-year offer is viewed as not disrespectful, even though Moore has not opted to sign yet. The short-term offer arguably reflects the reality that while Moore has not played much lately, his potential upside is enormous and a longer-term might not benefit him if he develops as the club hopes.

He's not going anywhere.

We Drafted McLarty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Several clubs have enquired about Moore, including Sydney, but the Swans are considered a longshot to secure the key-position prospect, who will probably be missing until after the bye given that he has had two hamstring injuries already this year and the Pies have been extremely careful in managing him.Collingwood is understood to be the only club to have made Moore a formal offer. The two-year offer is viewed as not disrespectful, even though Moore has not opted to sign yet. The short-term offer arguably reflects the reality that while Moore has not played much lately, his potential upside is enormous and a longer-term might not benefit him if he develops as the club hopes.

He's not going anywhere.

2 years is not a long time. I think Moore would probably move clubs if another club offered him a 3 or even a 4 year deal.

I can see him requesting a trade to Melbourne.

Weideman + a draft pick would probably get the deal done.
We don't really have a draft pick to give though, and Moore would be on too much cash. We do need a young CHB, though Lever is doing better now on a man, but I don't know if Moore is that player.

If Sydney wants him they can take him for
Pick 14+2nd round pick for Moore+3rd round pick (Probably don't need the 2nd round pick but trade value it would be fair_
Carlton has already invested 2 first rounders into Mckay and Curnow, they wouldn't need lukosius.

We trade Pick 9, Pick 14, late 2nd/early 3rd from Fasolo FA compo

Fasolo, Moore salary goes into Lynch.

HF: Will Hoskin Elliot ~ Tom Lynch ~ Jaidyn Stephenson
FF: Jordan De Goey ~ Lukosius ~ Steele Sidebottom

Wow that is one talented forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back