Teams Cronulla Sharks 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the game here was another where I thought we were gone but we just did enough to get over the line. Given the current injury list to win the last four is doing OK. Holmes had a great game apart from a single brain fart. Can't help thinking though that we're not really at the stage where we can match it with the best, much of Sunday's game was pretty pedestrian from both sides.

Canberrans are fickle with their sport - they'll come out in force to support their team if they are winning (eg Brumbies in the 90s) but otherwise it's a struggle. Only 11K there on Sunday (OK, it was mothers day, but it was fine and not overly cold). Not sure a relocation here would amount to much ;). However if there was a petition for us to be able to play home games anywhere else I'd probably be on it.

GWS something of an anomaly, they get bigger crowds at Manuka than they do in Sydney.

Oh, and I was thrilled to see that Port has finally disposed of the dreaded tarps. The Raiders have them :D .

Flanno junior is a half isn't he? Seems close to a run

Kyle Flannagan scored 20 tries and kicked 140 goals as a half back in the Holden cup last year.

Home narrowly again but that is five in a row with a string of injuries. The side has done well over the past month.

All this angst just getting over the line should stand them in good stead at the pointy end of the season. Too often in the past they would have lost games like today's and last week's. Unpopular Opinion - I do think though the attack looks far more predictable with Gallen back in.

Meant to ask, what is youse guys take on Ben Barba? Would you welcome him back? As you may have seen, he is tearing it up in SL at St Helens, and although I say it through gritted teeth as a Wigan fan, seems to have really come with the right attitude, unlike some Aussies who have come over here with big reps (hi, Todd Carney!). Saints have a decent squad, and Barba and coach Holbrook have really got them on song playing good attacking footy. Everyone is saying, he'll be back in the NRL next season, and I imagine he will. Surely he won't be short of offers?

Great to get a decent score line for a change. That 48-10 puts us up to 4th with a test against the in form Bunnies next week.

As for Ben Barba I would welcome him back but I am not sure the Club would. Barba's on field performances are not the problem but his off field indiscretions are a concern. I think he left us on a sour note and as good a player as he is I think he has burned a few bridges at Endeavor Park. Recently Todd Carney tried to line up with the Newtown Jets in the hope he would get a game with the Sharks. The Bubble Boy was told he would not be selected at Cronulla and I think the same might apply to Benny albeit to a lesser extent.

I'd take Barba back, he was the real Xfactor in our premiership year, and could spark the backline again.

That said, the current makeshift team has now won its last five, so there may not be a need.

He'd have to be on a tight rein and a carefully worded contract

Well, as I say, he hasn't misbehaved in England at all thus far, and looks fit (unlike when he first arrived) and confident now. He's a hell of a player, that's for sure. The contrast with Carney could hardly be greater.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently there has been some unconfirmed suggestion that we would welcome Barba back. The problem is that he is contracted to the end of 2019. We managed to negotiate for James Segeyaro in similar circumstance so anything is possible. Next year is next year but if Barba did return it would probably mean Josh Dugan moving to the centres to replace Jesse Ramien who is off to Newcastle.

Yeah, good move getting rid of that Maloney bloke... :p

Why don't you go and annoy some one else? Do you actually follow an NRL side or do you get your kicks from consistently s**t canning someone else's side? You seem to have a problem with the Sharks. No one minds constructive criticism and informed debate but you do not appear to have anything positive to post about anything the sharks do. If you cannot understand that just find something else to do.

Last edited:
We let Ramien go? :(. We seem to lose a lot of promising juniors these days. What of our future post Gallen/Fifita/Lewis?

The story is that they thought with Moylan and Duggan coming in they didn't need Ramien who was seen as a back rower. Since then he has cemented a spot in the centres. We obviously need a couple of big signings this year to compensate for the loss of Lewis and Gallen and as it turns out Jesse Ramien.

I just wish the FOXTEL commentary team would not keep rubbing 'Ramien is going to Newcastle' in. We know and it hurts.

Back to more positive frame of mind. Good win today but could have been better. Paul Gallen was great in the second half.

Hard to disagree, but I do think we'd look better in attack if he wasn't the go to fourth tackle option. However we do appear more fluid in attack recently.

Always hard to properly gauge form during the origin period though ☹

Why don't you go and annoy some one else? Do you actually follow an NRL side or do you get your kicks from consistently s**t canning someone else's side? You seem to have a problem with the Sharks. No one minds constructive criticism and informed debate but you do not appear to have anything positive to post about anything the sharks do. If you cannot understand that just find something else to do.

Touchy!

Just a bit of friendly banter. I certainly don't have a problem with the Sharks, in fact, I have a bit of a soft spot for them, as any reading of my previous posts would show.

Aaron Woods appears interested in coming to us. Problem appears to be the asking price. Atm Woods has 900k price tag but we are only willing to pay half that.

If Mbye is on 900k and Woods is on 900k is it any wonder the Bulldogs have salary cap issues and are looking to unload players?

Woods would certainly be a good pick up for us mid year but not at 900k. At the end of the year when Gallen, Ramien and possibly Lewis have gone and we have more cap room we might be in a position to renegotiate a few deals but at this point there is no way we will met the Bulldogs current asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back