2018 Rolling All Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the same Astbury who is supposed to be in the AA side because he shuts down the best key forward allowing Rance to play off his man and impact contests?

Darling kicked 6, Kennedy 3. LeCras, Cripps and Rioli kicked 6 between them. Not a whole lot of shutting down or impacted contests there.

I know Richmond fans love a bit of mental gymnastics but I reckon this one might be beyond them.
Yes it is, and there were lots of others suggesting him for the team aswell. Its one bad game ffs our whole team was absolute s**t house. I swear everyone on this forum forgets everything that happens before the current round of footy. People were saying cunnington was a top 10 player in the league after last week. Back to reality this week with a solid b+ game.

For those playing at home Melbourne are now #1 for most points for, North Melbourne are #1 for fewest points against.

Have at it with your updated forward and back lines. Min 3 Melbourne forwards and 3 North defenders or GTFO.
Cometh the moment cometh the man.

Jake_Melksham_2017.5.jpg

Honestly shouldn't even be compared, those guys defended one on one. Rance is an excellent third man in but can't really be compared to genuine defenders.
Fans of 17 clubs rate him appropriately. One of the better key defenders in the game but can be exploited 1v1 more so than others.
Fans of one club overrate him massively.

Yes it is, and there were lots of others suggesting him for the team aswell. Its one bad game ffs our whole team was absolute s**t house. I swear everyone on this forum forgets everything that happens before the current round of footy. People were saying cunnington was a top 10 player in the league after last week. Back to reality this week with a solid b+ game.

It's a rolling AA team thread, and let's not pretend Rance and Astbury have had 8 brilliant games and one average one. No one cares about last year or any years before that.

Darling has been in the best 3 players on the ground I would say atleast 6 of the 9 games we've played. I would suspect he would be lucky to have polled 5 brownlow votes so far, will be fascinating to see

It's a rolling AA team thread, and let's not pretend Rance and Astbury have had 8 brilliant games and one average one. No one cares about last year or any years before that.
Yeah i know, but what im saying is a player could have 8 good games (not saying either of them have) and 1 s**t game, everyone will always go to that 1 s**t game and basically forget everthing the player has done in those other games. Astbury and Rance are still well in contention for the team. Would i have them in now? No bloody idea as i havent seen everyone play. Aswell as that, there wouldnt be much seperating the current best 22 to the next 22 due to the fact that its only round 9.

Fans of 17 clubs rate him appropriately. One of the better key defenders in the game but can be exploited 1v1 more so than others.
Fans of one club overrate him massively.

Fans of 18 clubs are subjected to routine media overrating in line with the fans of one club, and that only makes it worse.

Honestly shouldn't even be compared, those guys defended one on one. Rance is an excellent third man in but can't really be compared to genuine defenders.

Well, Rance has engaged in more contested defensive one-on-ones than any other player this year, and ranks top ten in the league in win/loss percentage in those contests, so I think he does more than alright.

Darling has been in the best 3 players on the ground I would say atleast 6 of the 9 games we've played. I would suspect he would be lucky to have polled 5 brownlow votes so far, will be fascinating to see

The whole "forwards don't get Brownlow votes" thing is a bit of a myth. When they pretty much contribute nothing but goals, it happens, but when they have a greater impact (like Darling is having), they generally get the votes and respect they deserve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those playing at home Melbourne are now #1 for most points for, North Melbourne are #1 for fewest points against.

Have at it with your updated forward and back lines. Min 3 Melbourne forwards and 3 North defenders or GTFO.
I'll just take Tarrant and thank everybody for tolerating my selfishness. /no sarcasm

Darling a CHF lock atm, Hurn a lock on a flank. Sheppard would be in the squad of 40, and after a slow start Gov and Yeo would be closing in fast on a spot in the 22. Gaff competing with Smith for the 2nd wing spot behind Macrae.

Darling a CHF lock atm, Hurn a lock on a flank. Sheppard would be in the squad of 40, and after a slow start Gov and Yeo would be closing in fast on a spot in the 22. Gaff competing with Smith for the 2nd wing spot behind Macrae.
Gaff would be on one wing with Sidebottom on the other. Macrae would be on the ball.

Matthew Scharenberg has outperformed Alex Rance in 2018
He plays a way less accountable role, and I assume you're taking the piss, but Schaz has been brilliant this year anyway.

Harris Andrews 16 spoils and 4 intercept marks

FULLBACK LOCK

His side has been getting pumped most of the year. The stats across the year are as much a product of the volume of opposition forward 50 entries as anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back