Tigers MCG Record vs Non MCG Record

Remove this Banner Ad

I accept it as the rules.

It remains the fact that it is an unfair advantage. So yeah deal with people bringing it up. Discussing whether or not MCG tenants are advantaged by the grand final being hosted at the MCG is an entirely valid discussion.

COLA was also the rules.
West Coast hosting Essendon in a home final in Melbourne was also in the rules.

Unfair advantage or not, it isn't changing so i'd just figure out how to overcome it.

Im tipping all the players would want the final to be played on the G aswell, the biggest and best ground in Australia. Imagine being someone like Simpson or Jones. You'd wait your whole career to get to the big dance and your team finally makes it. But Gold Coast also make it, get the home game and its in front of 30k at Metricon. Nah. Pretty sure the players want it at the G

I can't imagine Ronaldo being disappointed that the Champions league is being played in Kiev.

I can't imagine Ronaldo being disappointed that the Champions league is being played in Kiev.
You cant compare the AFL to european and american sports. Australia doesn’t have multiple grounds with large capacities to choose from like they do. Lets be honest most people would be disappointed if a grand final was played at metricon for example. No real fans would be able to go, it would be entirely corporates.

Good on the Tigers and if you can make the most important ground in the comp your fortress you deserve the success that comes with it while everyone else will just keep whinging.

Plenty of good sides make their home ground a fortress, why do Richmond deserve to be gifted success over them just because they're from Victoria?

I don't get this attitude.

Drop any more than 4 and you're relying on other results going your way.

Right now it's Richmond 2nd, Melbourne 3rd which makes no practical difference for a QF but Adelaide are 4th and Richmond-Adelaide 2-3 is a lot different to Adelaide-Richmond.
Because it will even itself out when Eagles drop an away game against a lesser rated opponent. I dont mind dropping a few games in isolation as it will happen to every club.

Each and every one of our clubs agreed to keep the Grand Final at the MCG. This was mentioned and not one club spoke out against this decision. Why are some of us complaining when the clubs that actually play the game are not complaining? Many of them actually seem to love the atmosphere at the MCG.

Each and every one of our clubs agreed to keep the Grand Final at the MCG. This was mentioned and not one club spoke out against this decision. Why are some of us complaining when the clubs that actually play the game are not complaining? Many of them actually seem to love the atmosphere at the MCG.

Each and every club agreed to let Sydney have a 10% larger salary cap then the rest of the competition.
Each and every club agreed with the Adelaide and West Coast recruiting concessions.

2018 MCG 6-0 Docklands 1-0 Interstate 0-2

2017 MCG 12-2 Docklands 2-2 Interstate 4 -2 Geelong 0-1

Interstate wins against Fremantle, Suns, Lions, and Power.

Very smartly developed a style that wins at the G.
Fremantle 4-1 at Optus Stadium
Fremantle 0-4 away from Optus Stadium

Very smartly developed a style to win games at Optus Stadium.

Yep seems fans are the only ones that want it to be shared around. Im sure all the clubs and players would want it at the G.

Plenty of good sides make their home ground a fortress, why do Richmond deserve to be gifted success over them just because they're from Victoria?
Do you say this just now cause they have a great team?

No one said boo when they were struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But why should one side have it in a grand final? Why should one side potentially face what is effectively a 5-10 goal handicap??

They shouldn’t but we all joined a Victorian comp and what came with that is Victorian Rules, we all could of held out and got a better setup but we didn’t.

Yep seems fans are the only ones that want it to be shared around. Im sure all the clubs and players would want it at the G.

That's one way to justify an unfair systematic advantage.

Of course neither of us can prove it either way but I bet the average club and player just wants to play in the Grand Final.

Rotating the grand final would be equally unfair and worse for fans. Most of the tickets are already given to corporates. The next biggest grounds are what 60k capacity? I doubt theyll take many corporate tickets away. Thats 40k less for real fans. Not to mention how unfair it will be for sides with smaller grounds like GC and GWS. I doubt the grand final would ever be at spotless or metricon.

Team with a better record at home isn't surprising

But I only just realised that it's round 9 and Richmond have only played two of last year's finaists...... and lost to both convincingly

6 of our 9 games have been against teams with more wins than losses this season (current top 10). Of our last 13 matches, we only have 6 against these teams again, with 7 being against teams struggling this season. On top of that we have played easily our 2 hardest matches this season (crows and WCE away), yeah we got smashed but are still in the top 2 with a good run home from here.

Do you say this just now cause they have a great team?

No one said boo when they were struggling.
True, and where were the sooks when the Hawks won 3 in a row..........crickets

Yeah and that rule is completely stupid and exists solely to legitimise valuing revenue over the integrity of the finals series.

Fact is that the MCG tenants have an unfair advantage over the rest of the competition and that the rest of us will just have to deal with it.
I agree, the whole competition revolves around money and its bloody disgraceful

Having teams from interstate is ridiculous, there is no way to truly equalise the competition with all the travel that goes on. We should go back to the way it was before the 80s, Victorian teams only - who cares if half the competition is on its knees? At least it'll be fair.

Each and every club agreed to let Sydney have a 10% larger salary cap then the rest of the competition.
Each and every club agreed with the Adelaide and West Coast recruiting concessions.
And did you hear me complain? Why do you think Adelaide, West Coast and Sydney are still considered to have won the Premiership? Because it was within the bounds of the AFL rules. At the end of the day, they are the ones playing the game. If they are happy with being in a certain circumstance, then that is up to them. In this case, the clubs are happy to keep the Grand Final at the MCG, so that is end of discussion for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back