Metal Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well metal has its origins is classical music but ain’t no one lumping it in with that.

The song black sabbath was just iommi stretching out the cords to wagners ride of the valkyries. And that was basically how sabbath started playing metal. Well at least a simplified version of it anyway.

And scientists did tests on brain waves of people listening to metal and found it had the exact same calming response that people who were listening to classical music did. They were expecting it to make people more aggressive but it was the exact opposite.

And it has also been scientifically proven that sharks love metal. Tests found that playing it underwater actually attracted sharks \ _ /

Gone way off on a tangent here but i found that quite interesting. Who knew sharks are metal as glory be :D
It was a good tangent, though. And unlike Parkway it had relevance to a thread about metal :D

Anyone like Origin? Them & Dying Fetus most exciting and different band in Metal for me in the past 10 years or so.
Bloody amazing musos!

Anyone going to this next Saturday?
27788017_870931946420646_7793678563749774546_o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R.I.P Vinnie Paul :(

Really sad. One of the best out there from any genre.
That song is a really good example of his drumming. Ambidextrous beat at the start.
Remember Phil saying even after the falling out he kept time and was more solid than a drum machine.
Now in the best strip club in the sky with his bro.

Devastated hearing this. First Dime, now Vinnie :'(

I'll bet Phil outlives them all when everybody thought he would be the first to go. Almost did when he od'd in the mid 90's.
Yeah he died for a few minutes or something. Apparently he’s off smack now since he got this operation on his back where they had to take his organs out and put them back in. No longer in pain.
Listening to him talk lately he sounds pretty f**ked though.
Rex doesn’t seem to be doing too great either.

Yeah he died for a few minutes or something. Apparently he’s off smack now since he got this operation on his back where they had to take his organs out and put them back in. No longer in pain.
Listening to him talk lately he sounds pretty f**ked though.
Rex doesn’t seem to be doing too great either.
Dunno if you read rex’s book but its pretty awesome. Been battling pancreatitis and had a real hard time getting off the drink.

From what i read a few years ago phil has been clean for years but obviously years of drugs and alcohol take their toll.

Man im still so bummed about vinnie dying. Grew up idolising pantera and still my favourite band. Plus all the spin offs like down, damageplan, superjoint etc. There had been talk that phil was trying real hard to reunite the 3 remaining members but vinnie still wouldn’t talk to phil. Hadn’t since dime was killed. There was always that glimmer of hope that they would play together one day but it won’t happen now. How could they ever replace dime though. He was one of a kind.

I remember phil saying the brothers were just machines. He could never recall a time when they missed a cord or stuffed up. No matter how drunk they got preshow they always got on stage and just killed it everytime without fail. They were just so talented.

Dunno if you read rex’s book but its pretty awesome. Been battling pancreatitis and had a real hard time getting off the drink.

From what i read a few years ago phil has been clean for years but obviously years of drugs and alcohol take their toll.

Man im still so bummed about vinnie dying. Grew up idolising pantera and still my favourite band. Plus all the spin offs like down, damageplan, superjoint etc. There had been talk that phil was trying real hard to reunite the 3 remaining members but vinnie still wouldn’t talk to phil. Hadn’t since dime was killed. There was always that glimmer of hope that they would play together one day but it won’t happen now. How could they ever replace dime though. He was one of a kind.

I remember phil saying the brothers were just machines. He could never recall a time when they missed a cord or stuffed up. No matter how drunk they got preshow they always got on stage and just killed it everytime without fail. They were just so talented.
I’d love to read that book but unfortunately have only get to read the controversial bits of it on metal websites etc.
Knew he was struggling on the piss, apparently was the reason he got kicked out of Down.
Fair enough Vinnie wouldn’t talk to Phil. I wouldn’t either. Can’t blame him at all. I wouldn’t really like to see a Pantera show without Dime TBH.
Yeah they were both fuken phenomenal musos. As you said Dime was just a flawless live player.

I’d love to read that book but unfortunately have only get to read the controversial bits of it on metal websites etc.
Knew he was struggling on the piss, apparently was the reason he got kicked out of Down.
Fair enough Vinnie wouldn’t talk to Phil. I wouldn’t either. Can’t blame him at all. I wouldn’t really like to see a Pantera show without Dime TBH.
Yeah they were both fuken phenomenal musos. As you said Dime was just a flawless live player.
Rex bailed on down cause of the pancreatitis and he was sick of phil. Bit of a toxic dude apparently. Just needed to go and do his own thing i thing he said. Kill devil hill etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back