Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Best thing I have seen all year North Hobart beating the Tigers, fully deserved on both accounts.

Great to see North Hobart get a win today their young players will gain a lot of confidence from that result.

I was surprised. Congratulations lads.

Second time this year Clarence have run all over Lauderdale in the last Qtr. North Launy did a job on Launy, again.

How much of these results gets to the fitness?, ability? mentality? of the players in each club.

Kingborough in some trouble I think. Haven't improved since they entered the competition. The turnover of players especially the young ones is alarming, seems like a club that is more worried about there off field perception than there on field performances.

Kingborough in some trouble I think. Haven't improved since they entered the competition. The turnover of players especially the young ones is alarming, seems like a club that is more worried about there off field perception than there on field performances.
Should never have been brought in in the first place. That was all Dominic Baker and Scott Wade's doing because they both had previous ties with them.
AFL Tas creamed their pants with delight when Kingborough won the SFL premiership several years ago and thought they'd merge Hobart and North together and promote Kingborough under this "fastest growing area" BS we hear all the time, and when Hobart told them to jam it and went back to the SFL they brought up Kingborough anyway.
Kingborough was warned by their own players that they didn't want to leave the SFL and join the TSL, they went ahead and did it anyway, their players left en masse and they've been putrid ever since.
Most people didn't know that previous to that North Hobart-Hobart proposed merger, AFL Tasmania had been in secret discussions with Kingborough Council and Hobart's then president Philip Baker about relocating Hobart down to Kingston with a view to an eventual takeover by Kingborough.
This is partly why AFL Tasmania tipped in up to half a million dollars towards the Twin Ovals facility. When Hobart's members uncovered what Phil Baker had been up to he was forced to resign.
Kingborough (or Tigers FC) have lost heaps of their supporters and haven't contributed a single improvement to that competition since they've been involved aside from a neat little ground.
Fair enough, Hobart were abysmal at TSL level apart from their first year and lost a lot of money in the process and weren't TSL level material anymore but Kingborough have done nothing better to retain their position either.
If Kingborough was Hobart they would've tried to merge them with another club by now.

Last edited:
Should never have been brought in in the first place. That was all Dominic Baker and Scott Wade's doing because they both had previous ties with them.
AFL Tas creamed their pants with delight when Kingborough won the SFL premiership several years ago and thought they'd merge Hobart and North together and promote Kingborough under this "fastest growing area" BS we hear all the time, and when Hobart told them to jam it and went back to the SFL they brought up Kingborough anyway.
Kingborough was warned by their own players that they didn't want to leave the SFL and join the TSL, they went ahead and did it anyway, their players left en masse and they've been putrid ever since.
Most people didn't know that previous to that North Hobart-Hobart proposed merger, AFL Tasmania had been in secret discussions with Kingborough Council and Hobart's then president Philip Baker about relocating Hobart down to Kingston with a view to an eventual takeover by Kingborough.
This is partly why AFL Tasmania tipped in up to half a million dollars towards the Twin Ovals facility. When Hobart's members uncovered what Phil Baker had been up to he was forced to resign.
Kingborough (or Tigers FC) have lost heaps of their supporters and haven't contributed a single improvement to that competition since they've been involved aside from a neat little ground.
Fair enough, Hobart were abysmal at TSL level apart from their first year and lost a lot of money in the process and weren't TSL level material anymore but Kingborough have done nothing better to retain their position either.
If Kingborough was Hobart they would've tried to merge them with another club by now.
Spot On
Hobart became bad after fellow Kingborough backer ( cum from there ) Mr Brett Stubbs snr sports writer for Mercury
It was his back pages demolition of HFC , that saw 17 snr players walk after that first yr. Led by
M Cassidy. Your also failed to mention the King ,Robert Herweynen ( i think he had a big ego )
continung pushing there case

Yep the hatchet job done by the Mercury and Brett Stubbs in particular was more than likely encouraged/egged on by AFL Tasmania to destabilise Hobart. No question.
From 1999-2008 Hobart had been in the finals all bar two years (2002 and 2005) and had been good in all three grades for almost all that time.
In 2009 they missed the TSL finals after dropping three cliff-hangers late in the season to miss out. The day at the TCA they were six goals up early in the last quarter in the mud against Devonport to lose on the last kick of the match by three points did it.
The rot started the following year when Hobart started 2010 reasonably well and beat North Hobart under lights at Bellerive to sit in the top four by May and instead of praising the club improving, Scott Wade came out in the press and said it made no difference as they'll be either relocating or merging by next season!
From that point I don't think they won another game that year and hardly won a game for the rest of their TSL tenure.
Was pretty obvious Wade's Kingborough plan was in full swing.
Was the following few years where we had massive turnovers in playing personnel, and as for Cassidy, AFL Tasmania actually PAID the $10,000 transfer fee for Lauderdale to recruit him from Hobart!
Disgraceful conduct by the governing body IMO.
For mine it was obvious as far back as 6-7 years ago that the TSL was on a downward spiral through shambolic and corrupt mismanagement and I was glad my club left it.
Sure, the SFL is not a great league anymore either but at least a club can survive there.

Yep the hatchet job done by the Mercury and Brett Stubbs in particular was more than likely encouraged/egged on by AFL Tasmania to destabilise Hobart. No question.
From 1999-2008 Hobart had been in the finals all bar two years (2002 and 2005) and had been good in all three grades for almost all that time.
In 2009 they missed the TSL finals after dropping three cliff-hangers late in the season to miss out. The day at the TCA they were six goals up early in the last quarter in the mud against Devonport to lose on the last kick of the match by three points did it.
The rot started the following year when Hobart started 2010 reasonably well and beat North Hobart under lights at Bellerive to sit in the top four by May and instead of praising the club improving, Scott Wade came out in the press and said it made no difference as they'll be either relocating or merging by next season!
From that point I don't think they won another game that year and hardly won a game for the rest of their TSL tenure.
Was pretty obvious Wade's Kingborough plan was in full swing.
Was the following few years where we had massive turnovers in playing personnel, and as for Cassidy, AFL Tasmania actually PAID the $10,000 transfer fee for Lauderdale to recruit him from Hobart!
Disgraceful conduct by the governing body IMO.
For mine it was obvious as far back as 6-7 years ago that the TSL was on a downward spiral through shambolic and corrupt mismanagement and I was glad my club left it.
Sure, the SFL is not a great league anymore either but at least a club can survive there.

Many of us have no doubt about the damage done by the actions of AFTas/Wade.

Why, if they wanted a team in the Kingborough/Huon growth area,, they/he couldn't just have recruited Kingston without destroying Hobart, & same with the Hobart/North Hobart mess, is beyond comprehension. Same with South Launy/Western storm/Hawks crap.

Their was no need for their dumb, destructive behavior over the TSL.

We'd probably still have Devonport & Burnie if AFLTas had just focused on football & not the power trip of bullying & destructive attacks on community clubs.

None of us could get what AFL/Wade was trying to achieve. Crazy IMO. It did no one any good. What was the point of it?

Many of us have no doubt about the damage done by the actions of AFTas/Wade.

Why, if they wanted a team in the Kingborough/Huon growth area,, they/he couldn't just have recruited Kingston without destroying Hobart, & same with the Hobart/North Hobart mess, is beyond comprehension. Same with South Launy/Western storm/Hawks crap.

Their was no need for their dumb, destructive behavior over the TSL.

We'd probably still have Devonport & Burnie if AFLTas had just focused on football & not the power trip of bullying & destructive attacks on community clubs.

None of us could get what AFL/Wade was trying to achieve. Crazy IMO. It did no one any good. What was the point of it?

Part answer is when they gave $ 500,000 towards the development of twin Ovals ( long overdue )
kingston had not been successful in getting accepted to the big dance.
Maybe he thought his league would be so so successful ,they would expand with Kingston and Probably Ulverstone
when he realised early on that could not happen, its ok I played with HFC i tell them to relocate to kingston
HFC members told him where to go
ps. thats why North melourne use it for preseason games
The funding was hidden to public , the area was in need of better ovals. and interesting TCA board were also asked to contribute and they declined , stating they do not fund country grounds

Part answer is when they gave $ 500,000 towards the development of twin Ovals ( long overdue )
kingston had not been successful in getting accepted to the big dance.
Maybe he thought his league would be so so successful ,they would expand with Kingston and Probably Ulverstone
when he realised early on that could not happen, its ok I played with HFC i tell them to relocate to kingston
HFC members told him where to go
ps. thats why North melourne use it for preseason games
The funding was hidden to public , the area was in need of better ovals. and interesting TCA board were also asked to contribute and they declined , stating they do not fund country grounds

A bit like the attempted forced merger between HFC & NHFC. All Wade wanted was HFC money to prop the enterprise up.

Upset Radar well and truly switched on this weekend...got not only North Hobart but also Essendon and Brisbane...!

Pity the TSL effort was negated by the other two more straightforward results...!

Tipping results

Halftimehero 2 = 20
Grey Budgie 2 = 18
Mudmug 2 = 18
Whowants2know 1 = 16
Gibbke 2 = 16

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping results

Halftimehero 2 = 20
Grey Budgie 2 = 18
Mudmug 2 = 18
Whowants2know 1 = 16
Gibbke 2 = 16
Damn me and my honesty...I got 1 last week, not 2, so my score should be 15 going into this weekend...checked the others, hoping for more errors to bring down the competition, but everyone else is correct...

Got it back this weekend though, no one else went for Lauderdale...!

Tipping results
Halftimehero 2 = 22
Grey Budgie 2 = 20
Mudmug 2 = 20
Gibbke 3 = 18
Whowants2know 2 = 18

Heard that Kingborough had a review of the football department after the lose to North Hobart last week and Rodney Herweynen or barra as he is known has resigned from his position as football GM.

It seems a bit difficult to get much of an idea what will go on in Tassie footy after Gill McLachlan's visit to the Coast yesterday. It looks like there wont be a VFL of NEAFL team for at least 3 or 4 years yet (if at all) and that makes sense to me as it would be silly to rush into anything without sorting out the mess that is Tassie footy at the moment but I would think the Mariners going full time in the TAC Cup would be almost a certainty. It was said that there was 7 different models on the table for restructuring footy and that some hard decisions would be made, which seemed to me to be an indication that a few feathers will be ruffled by the AFL plans. It was made quite clear to Gill that the coastal teams are not interested in the TSL under the current model but in my opinion there could be some interest if the TSL was split into North and Southern conferences. We will just have to wait until the end of the month now to see what they come up with.

It seems a bit difficult to get much of an idea what will go on in Tassie footy after Gill McLachlan's visit to the Coast yesterday. It looks like there wont be a VFL of NEAFL team for at least 3 or 4 years yet (if at all) and that makes sense to me as it would be silly to rush into anything without sorting out the mess that is Tassie footy at the moment but I would think the Mariners going full time in the TAC Cup would be almost a certainty. It was said that there was 7 different models on the table for restructuring footy and that some hard decisions would be made, which seemed to me to be an indication that a few feathers will be ruffled by the AFL plans. It was made quite clear to Gill that the coastal teams are not interested in the TSL under the current model but in my opinion there could be some interest if the TSL was split into North and Southern conferences. We will just have to wait until the end of the month now to see what they come up with.

I think a lot of people don't really care anymore. So much damage has been done to clubs since Wade etc have stuck their claws into the game. So many lifelong supporters of the game have walked away, disillusioned & disgusted. They've found other things to do. They've fallen out of love with the game.

The AFL & AFLTas have shown so much disdain for the clubs & the public over such a long period. It'll be a long way back, if ever, for the game.

Whatever Gil does will probably be too little, too late. I don't think he cares anyway. He's only worried about what the media will say, & of course his bonuses & perks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back