Status
Not open for further replies.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Why sack a cheap labour type coach that can be controlled.
Just wait until list improves and a worthwhile coach comes onto the open market.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
They've won one game this season, had below average results with him, and fundamentally haven't improved. Yeah the list is bad and their leaders are just old blokes who are probably decent dudes but not a captain's bootlace, but the coach is head of that. I like Bolts, think he brings the right things, and seems a fair guy but come on. This is Carlton. Ratts had a shitful list and got them to finals and he got sacked. This is a club with so much in fighting, all these egos, plenty of old codgers who are used to getting their own way in companies, and if you don't show results you're cactus.

Why are people assuming this is bullshit?

Also Justin Longmuir will be an okay coach I reckon.

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
They've won one game this season, had below average results with him, and fundamentally haven't improved. Yeah the list is bad and their leaders are just old blokes who are probably decent dudes but not a captain's bootlace, but the coach is head of that. I like Bolts, think he brings the right things, and seems a fair guy but come on. This is Carlton. Ratts had a shitful list and got them to finals and he got sacked. This is a club with so much in fighting, all these egos, plenty of old codgers who are used to getting their own way in companies, and if you don't show results you're cactus.

Not only that, he got them to premiership favouritism early in the 2012 season

sylvieMFC

Debutant
Aug 31, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the caller was Breaking Mail (Adam h) who started the De Goey thread.

The De Goey punch-on rumour is a genuine rumour, if ya get what i mean. Many different sources have heard it. We don't know if it's true (obviously) but the rumour also suggests that Collingwood is doing everything in its power to prevent it from breaking out in the media as it would mean they'd have to sack him. I don't think clubs genuinely care about their players playing up, just the general backlash that always follows.

I notice the De Goey thread has now been deleted - giving credence to the second part of the rumour outlined above.

Last edited:

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC

Simpson, Tuohy, Judd, Murphy, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Curnow, Yarran, Robinson, Henderson, Scotland, Betts, Garlett, Waite, Jamison, Carrazzo, Walker.
It wasn't a s**t list, it just wasn't very deep after those guys, which was found out in 2012 when injuries hit.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Simpson, Tuohy, Judd, Murphy, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Curnow, Yarran, Robinson, Henderson, Scotland, Betts, Garlett, Waite, Jamison, Carrazzo, Walker.
It wasn't a s**t list, it just wasn't very deep after those guys, which was found out in 2012 when injuries hit.
How good really were Murphy and Gibbs though? Kruezer is rubbish, you're ludicrously overrating Scotland and Henderson and Robinson, while Tuohy and Betts and Waite all played their best and most consistent football about five years later at a different club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said it was a random caller as far as I know. Just thought I’d post a rumour on the rumour board.
You need to remember that when you post a rumour & include your source, other posters will want to hold you accountable & not your source.
If you don’t include your source, you will still be held accountable as well as being asked for some sauce, with a few requests for a PM.

Mar 19, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Broncos
How good really were Murphy and Gibbs though? Kruezer is rubbish, you're ludicrously overrating Scotland and Henderson and Robinson, while Tuohy and Betts and Waite all played their best and most consistent football about five years later at a different club.

20,000 odd posts, are the rest as good as this one? The research and stats that back your statements are second to none. Keep up the good work.

theprospect

Club Legend
Saints Pledge Contributor
Sep 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I would have thought if saints have a couple poor performances pre bye Richardson clould be in trouble.
Before the bye we have Richmond, West Coast in Perth, Sydney and Gold Coast up there. Coming back from the bye we have Melbourne and then Port in Adelaide. Could be in serious trouble. Likely to either be stuck on 1 or 2 wins at the end of Round 15.

Bolton isn't on a contract, he is employed as an employee of the club so he can be dismissed with his four weeks notice paid out without any fanfare should Carlton wish to sacrifice someone on the altar to keep the fans happy.

It shouldn't be difficult to land a new coach, they will be lining up to take over a young and talented list. The hard road already traveled and a new grace period for the replacement coach, pressure off and natural progression of a young list bringing better performances.

Wins.

It shouldn't be difficult to land a new coach, they will be lining up to take over a young and talented list. The hard road already traveled and a new grace period for the replacement coach, pressure off and natural progression of a young list bringing better performances.
groundhog-day.jpg

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I'm 'ludicrously overrating' them by mentioning their names as some of the better players in a team that finished 5th and was a kick shy of a prelim?
I'll admit that Hendo probably hadn't hit his straps by then, but Scotland was one of the better HBF in the league at the time, averaging 26 touches, 7 marks and 4 inside 50s. Robinson will never be a star player, but a solid contributor and will always give you around 20 touches and 5 tackles. Had arguably one of his best seasons in 2011.
How good were Murphy and Gibbs? Both were kicking a goal a game and 29 and 24 touches respectively. Betts kicked 50 goals that year and was only our 2nd highest goal kicker.
Respectfully, the only thing rubbish, is your opinion.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The pre-seasons games last year and the first few games of that season.... i remember Carlton looking so organised.

He improved players output. Gibbs became better. Jones. Casboult has got better.

If anything, it is the recruiters that should be a little concerned.... they need to nail this next draft.

davis_756

Cancelled
May 24, 2008
unknown
AFL Club
Carlton
Can you see through those rose tinted glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back