2018 MLB Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting decision. Thought he was past it tbh, and it's not like the Mets don't have enough clubhouse problems already...

Big fan on this idea personally. Don't think German is quite ready yet, tho his early starts have looked good. Boston are a fantastic team as well, and it'll only take a small slip up before they're back in the AL East lead.

Jays leading 3-1 in the ninth, enter Tyler Clippard (a closer who can’t close), now down 5-3 & have 3 outs left. Second blown save in a few days, lovely

Wild one in Arlington. Texas win 12-10, after being down 4-0 and 10-5 at stages.

Yanks have the best bullpen in the league, but they got fair and square beat up tonight.

Wild one in Arlington. Texas win 12-10, after being down 4-0 and 10-5 at stages.

Yanks have the best bullpen in the league, but they got fair and square beat up tonight.

I’m traveling at the moment & was watching this & NBA, crazy game. Can’t recall who it was for the Rangers, but a 3rd strike in the dirt meant he made first. Reached second after a wild pickoff attempt, stole third & then got batted in lol

Clippard is horribly overrated.

It’s a shame Osuna is out, but it shouldn’t mean clippard should stay in

I’m traveling at the moment & was watching this & NBA, crazy game. Can’t recall who it was for the Rangers, but a 3rd strike in the dirt meant he made first. Reached second after a wild pickoff attempt, stole third & then got batted in lol
Pretty sure it was Nomar Mazara.

He pleaded guilty to the charge of molesting his 6-year old niece when he was 15 years old, but denies he committed the crime and blames the guilty plea on bad legal advice at the time.

He was originally charged with two offences, but in a plea deal, one of the charges was dropped, he was placed on two years probation, took court-ordered classes and had to register as a sex offender for five years. He also had to write a letter apologising to his niece.

It turns out that he was required to update his whereabouts for a state registry of sex offenders and there was a mix-up by the police, which led to him receiving a police citation which of course is public, and reporters picked up on it.

The five-year requirement to register as a sex offender expired in August 2017 and his court records were sealed.

He was draft-eligible last year, but after withdrawing from the team when his offence became public, he wasn't selected, so he returned to OSU for the current season.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/07/sports/luke-heimlich-sex-crime.html

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine you DFA one arsehole only to sign an even bigger arsehole. I didn’t see that one coming.
What makes him an arsehole? serious question, I haven't seen/read much to say he's one.

33663720_1914595915231764_6607806910018093056_n.jpg

Every team below .500, how's that even happen when they play each other so much lol.

“According to police figures cited by Oregon State spokesman Steve Clark, there are 11 registered sex offenders currently enrolled on campus”

That is absolutely crazy. These are young adults, less than 22-23 years old.

I don't know about Oregon specifically, and haven't read either of those articles yet, but much of America has sillier definitions of "sex offender" than Australia. A 17-year-old who *s a 15-year-old can be a "sex offender" for life there.

Anyone see the poor goose in the Angels Tigers game? Sorry I don’t have link.

Yankee fan here - is that good or bad on this board? Liked their last two wins. Think they have the measure of the Astros right now.

Yankee fan here - is that good or bad on this board? Liked their last two wins. Think they have the measure of the Astros right now.
#PinstripePride

Welcome aboard. There's a few of us Yankee fans around. I'm only new to this thread as well.

Goddamn, Gleyber Torres looks like he'll be something special.

Goose story: https://www.mlb.com/cut4/woman-who-saved-goose-throws-out-first-pitch-at-comerica-park/c-279157928

Yanks have killed the Astros during the regular season, tide has turned the last 2 times they've met in the playoffs. who knows what will happen if they meet there again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back