2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kade Brown didn’t do a preseason because he’s lazy, cricket commitments is just the excuse. He left North Albury because Aker was pushing him to train harder to improve and he didn’t like that. Pretty confident that he’d be making a lot more money out of footy than cricket, so I’d be filthy as Thurgoona supporter that he only bothers to turn up once the season proper starts.
Massive Merv how about you get your facts right before your big mouth dribbles sh#t.
Aker is a flog 20 other players also left that year
His partner recently had a baby so other commitments come first
Money isnt everything ever thought he just wants to play with his brother and mates?
He just got back from 2 weeks in bali a week before the first game.

Massive Merv how about you get your facts right before your big mouth dribbles sh#t.
Aker is a flog 20 other players also left that year
His partner recently had a baby so other commitments come first
Money isnt everything ever thought he just wants to play with his brother and mates?
He just got back from 2 weeks in bali a week before the first game.
Did I hit a nerve Kade?

Merv, (I assume that is you’re real name)
This was bought to my attention last night and usually I wouldn’t bite but I will just set you straight.
Everything you first stated is wrong.
I left North Albury on good terms had nothing to do with Aker, he was the reason I didn’t go out to Thurgoona FC a season earlier, he was more of a tactical coach rather then a full on fitness coach (Trainings tuesday and Thursday’s were lucky to go for an hour).
Bob Craig Travis Hodgson were much more demanding then Jason.
I joined Thurgoona to play with my brother for his last year or two, credit to him the old bugger is still playing, and we have loved every minute at Thurgoona.
As for the cricket being an excuse, as someone stated above I have a young family and with cricket training being Tuesday thursdays, I don’t think going to football training on a Monday Wednesday would be fair on the ones a care about most.
You’re obviously guessing with the money and training situation also, i get looked after fairly well with my cricket, so when its cricket season i commit to cricket, visa versa.
I have taken a number of pay cuts at my time at thurgoona, which is well and truely justified as my commitment during the preseason just isn’t there. Which to be honest doesn’t worry me. But myself and the club are on the same page which is all i need to worry about.
Here is a fact though, i know an Ex coach of the Wodonga Saints made a few appearances for them last year for more money then what i am on.
The only thing i cant argue with is you calling me lazy, which is obviously you’re opinion, but im happy to sit here with Multiple Flags, B&F’s, O&M & NSW state rep honours and say I’ve worked my F**king arse off over the years.

Thank you for taking interest in me but next time you post make sure you know what you are talking about.
I will sent you a private message with my contact number so you can call me if you have anything else on me, we can just set the record straight before you post it.

Regards
Pup

This was bought to my attention last night and usually I wouldn’t bite but I will just set you straight.
I left North Albury on good terms had nothing to do with Aker, he was the reason I didn’t go out to Thurgoona FC a season earlier, he was more of a tactical coach rather then a full on fitness coach (Trainings tuesday and Thursday’s were lucky to go for an hour).
I joined Thurgoona to play with my brother for his last year or two, credit to him the old bugger is still playing, and we have loved every minute at Thurgoona.
As for the cricket being an excuse, as someone stated above I have a young family and with cricket training being Tuesday thursdays, I don’t think going to football training on a Monday Wednesday would be fair on the ones a care about most.
You’re obviously guessing with the money and training situation also, i get looked after fairly well with my cricket, so when its cricket season i commit to cricket, visa versa.
I have taken a number of pay cuts at my time at thurgoona, which is well and truely justified as my commitment during the preseason just isn’t there. Which to be honest doesn’t worry me. But myself and the club are on the same page which is all i need to worry about.
Here is a fact though, i know an Ex coach of the Wodonga Saints made a few appearances for them last year for more money then what i am on.
The only thing i cant argue with is you calling me lazy, which is obviously you’re opinion, but im happy to sit here with Multiple Flags, B&F’s, O&M & NSW state rep honours and say I’ve worked my F**king arse off over the years.

Thank you for taking interest in me but next time you post make sure you know what you are talking about.
I will sent you a private message with my contact number so you can call me if you have anything else on me, we can just set the record straight before you post it.

Regards
Pup

Absolutely brilliant respone. Not that your life is anyone's business other than your own. Keep up the good work Kade.

Great response.
Unfortunately people love hiding behind the keyboard.
How's the finger kade?

Regards
Pup
I can’t think of a Wodonga Saints Coach who would be good enough to get a game in Thurgoona’s team. Do you mind me asking who it was?

Yeah they seem to have alot of there top liners out, they will need to start winning to have any chance. They have rutherglen this week so will need to improve.

Why didn't the TDFL have an inter league side, because no one was interested or other reasons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always seems like there's talk & rumours out of the corowa cluster. I haven't watched them this year but looking at results they have been more then competitive.
What's happening at Rutherglen rambles? Everyone was expecting them to take another foot forward, but bar a miracle they'll miss finals?

Seems the final 5 is set, who does everything think will play in the grand final?
Barton medal winner?

Mitta unable to put a 2s side on the park this weekend against the dogs. Not good.

That's not good at all, their 3rds are struggling & haven't been able to put an under 14s side on the paddock this yr. Wonder how they are looking in 5 years time, they'll have no 1 pointers (juniors) coming through. Hard to see a bright future for them.
Points system is really good for clubs with strong junior programs

This is where problems will occur with points system in the long run. Mitta can't have a great junior program, there is just not that many juniors up there! Some local fourths kids go to other clubs just so they can have a kick and end up 1 pointers at other clubs!

Went out to watch Tallangatta V Beechworth yesterday, was an entertaining game of footy. Was expecting to see a bit more out of the hoppers, don't think they'll go too far in the finals but a massive improvement on last year. Don't get to too many games anymore, but was surprised to hear that it was pretty much common knowledge Thurgoona was found guilty of salary cap breach last year? The response at the league meeting was pretty much it's the first year, so we'll let this one slip. Anyone else know anything about this?

Went out to watch Tallangatta V Beechworth yesterday, was an entertaining game of footy. Was expecting to see a bit more out of the hoppers, don't think they'll go too far in the finals but a massive improvement on last year. Don't get to too many games anymore, but was surprised to hear that it was pretty much common knowledge Thurgoona was found guilty of salary cap breach last year? The response at the league meeting was pretty much it's the first year, so we'll let this one slip. Anyone else know anything about this?

Interesting... but also just had a look at your profile, a lot of pot shots towards Thurgoona just add this one to the list

Interesting... but also just had a look at your profile, a lot of pot shots towards Thurgoona just add this one to the list
Yes it's true I haven't been a fan since some run ins in the early 2000s, but this wasn't a pot shot, just a genuine question regarding something I heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back