Painting miniatures, terrain and scenery.

Remove this Banner Ad

I ended up buying from a place in Perth and getting it shipped here. I went with Testors acrylic paint, apparently it can be thinned with plain water.
I saw some primer at an auto store, massive can for $10, I wonder if that works as well as the model specific primer?

Depends what your painting. It might be thicker and get in the details of some types of models.

Try it out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

First go at the broken glass technique.
787e6943a8efd82294fcb94f3f168d22.jpg

Last edited:
Might be done with these.

Cable connector protectors and dust caps, 1/35th Tamiya barrels, boxes and jerry cans, 3d-printed barrels, etc etc.

f42dfc0d73cf372ed83a42208d9c3422.jpg

Siku toy pallets as the bases -
7fd3b8aa21794f75fb2372b3e0c07f6c.jpg

Long time lurker first time poster...
i have a tonne of 40k stuff - some of it is even painted! My last two i'm pretty happy with are below, excuse the photo quality. The helldrake - oh god i never want to paint trim again.
Typhus was fun, first time doing a sort of scenic base and i felt it was fitting that he be stomping on some poor fire warrior :)

Currently working on some Blood Angels for something different..

drakecut.jpg

typhuscut.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you guys find any cheap eBay stuff you don’t want to bid on let me know

i have way too many eBay purchases :(

Sort by ending soonest and scan for bargains late

Or

Filter for buy now only and sort by newest listing to snipe one quick :)

I always filter out anything under $5 to get rid of bits and magnets!

Gumtree has the biggest bargains. Generally housemates leaving stuff behind. I got about $2000 worth for $200 as someone just left it all in the garage

Everything I see is still pretty exy

I will have to diligently apply myself to the hunt for nerd gear.

Typhus was fun, first time doing a sort of scenic base and i felt it was fitting that he be stomping on some poor fire warrior :)
Just a suggestion for that one - and I am by no means any sort of expert - but some grey heavy dry brushing then light grey light dry brushing would bring the texture of the base out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back