EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marby have GV & AB next 2 weeks, so that should see how they’re really going, but they are flying.
Still can’t see EDS winning a game, even if they do, perhaps SM at home in 2 weeks, they’ve beaten them at Nipper Jordan before, Love knockin off the mores they do.
There % will kill them, unless they win 3 games
But the bottom is interesting at the top, well AB Marby GV top 3 Pacco or Keilor for 4th forget the rest
I can’t see the EDFL doing anything re on the suspended player issue, fine or reprimand perhaps, on the 2’s player they need to make a statement on this we’ll see.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not even sure if they win three games will be enough to save them. Glad to see they put up a good fight. Let's hope they can carry that effort forward. Bad timing that they play Abers this week though.

Suspended players are not allowed on the field at anytime during the game. This includes during the quarter half and 3/4 time breaks.
Think this covers it

19.4.4 Effect of Suspension

(a) Unless Laws 19.4.4 (d) or 19.4.4 (e) apply, a Player or Official

suspended by a Controlling Body is, for the period of the

suspension, or while the suspension remains unserved, prohibited

from playing or participating in a Match conducted by the

Controlling Body imposing the suspension and a Match conducted

by any other Controlling Body.

Think this covers it

19.4.4 Effect of Suspension

(a) Unless Laws 19.4.4 (d) or 19.4.4 (e) apply, a Player or Official

suspended by a Controlling Body is, for the period of the

suspension, or while the suspension remains unserved, prohibited

from playing or participating in a Match conducted by the

Controlling Body imposing the suspension and a Match conducted

by any other Controlling Body.

Nice work, what’s the penalty for a breach, oh I know, lettuce leaf across the knuckles I bet.

Cmon Riddeller I’m Batman buddy..

You have absolutely no idea pal. I’m probably doing more than you to change the game for the betterment of all. I also buy cans from the bar rather than bring my own.. One day you will hear about me pal.

Xxxxx
It has taken me from Sunday to regain my composure and address your statement of "change the game for the betterment of all " I know we have an audience of contributors just waiting to hear how , what and when this did , or will happen . One example would be nice , but don't stop there, why not blow your tyres right up and explain your whole repertoire of " change for the betterment "

Could Marby be close to the cap if all their VFL players play every game for them?
They may have budgeted for them to play VFL games and therefore miss EDFL footy things could change a bit if they don’t get that call up.... What are your thoughts?

Could Marby be close to the cap if all their VFL players play every game for them?
They may have budgeted for them to play VFL games and therefore miss EDFL footy things could change a bit if they don’t get that call up.... What are your thoughts?
Must be a real juggling act, although you would imagine Marby would be acutely aware of, and monitor the player payment situation very closely. Particularly after the dramas EDS went through last year.

Have to admire Marby for the way they have built a strong club right across the board. It wasn’t so long ago that their 2’s were getting belted most weeks, and they struggled to even field a 19.5 team. This year their 1’s and 2’s are undefeated, and the 19.5’s won the flag last year? Obviously a testament to really hard work from a lot of people. That’s not to say that every club hasn’t got selfless volunteers who also put in a lot of hard work as well.

Affluent Pacco are one club who must surely be close to the limit player payment wise. They have a lot of high profile ex AFL players, who certainly aren’t just playing for the love of the guernsey and of their mates. They were right on the limit last season, and have topped up with Watson, Hansen, Allan, Veszpremi, etc, etc. Would be very interesting to know what they are really forking out. In addition, most weeks Pacco take the field at, or close to 48 player points. Could be big issues squeezing everyone in come finals time.

Turbo, your thoughts please.

Last edited:
Must be a real juggling act, although you would imagine Marby would be acutely aware of, and monitor the player payment situation very closely. Particularly after the dramas EDS went through last year.

Have to admire Marby for the way they have built a strong club right across the board. It wasn’t so long ago that their 2’s were getting belted most weeks, and they struggled to even field a 19.5 team. This year their 1’s and 2’s are undefeated, and the 19.5’s won the flag last year? Obviously a testament to really hard work from a lot of people. That’s not to say that every club hasn’t got selfless volunteers who also put in a lot of hard work as well.

Affluent Pacco are one club who must surely be close to the limit player payment wise. They have a lot of high profile ex AFL players, who certainly aren’t just playing for the love of the guernsey and of their mates. They were right on the limit last season, and have topped up with Watson, Hansen etc, etc. Would be very interesting to know what they are really forking out. In addition, most weeks Pacco take the field at, or close to 48 player points. Could be big issues squeezing everyone in come finals time.

I know you love a cheap shot at EDS but don’t forget Aberfeldie and Pascoe Vale were sighted too, and of the 3 EDS were the only one not sanctioned. Certainly not saying EDS did right but get facts right before having a whack.

AND Strathmore can count themselves very lucky they weren’t audited. Sign ons are supposed to be included in the cap aren’t they ?

I know you love a cheap shot at EDS but don’t forget Aberfeldie and Pascoe Vale were sighted too, and of the 3 EDS were the only one not sanctioned. Certainly not saying EDS did right but get facts right before having a whack.

AND Strathmore can count themselves very lucky they weren’t audited. Sign ons are supposed to be included in the cap aren’t they ?

There is No Way at least 4 clubs are under the cap. All the Salary Cap has done is push sign on's under the table and made Clubs Footy Op's Managers make 2 x spreadsheets instead of 1... Have a crack at EDS & Abers and rightly so but people in glass houses!!!! Gremiln is 100% right and Pacco - c'mon, you were right on last year, you are not kidding anyone trying to justify the inclusions you have and being under the Cap... But the EDFL is weak as p*ss, will do nothing and tell everyone "nothing to see here".
And anyone who reckons MP are under , please, but you know what I reckon good on them, they are a huge chance to get a flag this year and why not have a crack at it and do "Whatever it takes"..
It's become a case of whoever cheats the best wins!!!

No Gremlin, you totally misinterpreted the intent of my post. This time anyway. Whilst mentioning EDS, it was more in passing to highlight the player fallout following their money issues blow up, rather than EDFL penalties/sanctions. And that is totally accurate, and I don’t back away from that at all. I don’t particularly dislike EDS. In fact I’d prefer them over a few other clubs in Premier.

My post was more an opportunity to have a tongue in cheek crack at Turbo, who is always on and on about other clubs player payments ( mostly my club ), and how they must be exceeding the salary cap. He always neglects however to mention Pacco, who would certainly be in the same boat.

And if I do post “ cheap shots” at EDS, it’s generally in retaliation for one of your own supporters, who spends a lot of his time posting dribble about the favourable treatment the Mores receive.

Last edited:
No Gremlin, you totally misinterpreted the intent of my post. Whilst mentioning EDS, it was more in passing to highlight the player fallout following their money issues blow up, rather than EDFL penalties/sanctions. And that is totally accurate. I don’t particularly dislike EDS. In fact I’d prefer them over a few other clubs in Premier.

My post was more an opportunity to have a tongue in cheek crack at Turbo, who is always on and on about other clubs player payments, and how they must be exceeding the salary cap. He always neglects however to mention Pacco, who would certainly be in the same boat.

And if I do post “ cheap shots” at EDS, it’s generally in retaliation for one of your own supporters, who spends a lot of his time posting dribble about the favourable treatment the Mores receive.

Fair enough.

If you are going to get involve or debate Turbos posts good luck! I’ve found ignoring him just works far better. Knows stuff all about anything and takes pleasure in starting spotfires. Doesn’t mind snitching on an opposition player if they digress on field either, whilst potting Keilor for years for doing exactly the same thing.

I understand the final comment on EDS, there is a lot of good people at the club that are carrying the can for a minority of ordinary arrogant supporters that have not change for decades. But I still like to stand up for them, albeit it’s becoming harder!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough.

If you are going to get involve or debate Turbos posts good luck! I’ve found ignoring him just works far better. Knows stuff all about anything and takes pleasure in starting spotfires. Doesn’t mind snitching on an opposition player if they digress on field either, whilst potting Keilor for years for doing exactly the same thing.

I understand the final comment on EDS, there is a lot of good people at the club that are carrying the can for a minority of ordinary arrogant supporters that have not change for decades. But I still like to stand up for them, albeit it’s becoming harder!
No worries. I’ve always found you to be a knowlegeable and balanced poster, and a passionate supporter of your club. Good luck to EDS for the remainder of the season, and in the future.

Morning All

AFL Victoria integrity officer investigated alleged breaches and compiled reports and outcomes on the 3 clubs

FACTS
  • Abers found guilty of breaching the salary cap by $9595 and fined $10000 and to be audited for the next two seasons.
  • Pascoe Vale found to have committed three administrative breaches — not lodging all player contracts within the required time frame, not lodging all non-contracted player statements within the required time frame and not disclosing all of its player payments in the final declaration form, did not exceed cap. The club was fined $1000 and will be audited again next year.
  • Essendon Doutta Stars was reprimanded for not disclosing all player payments in their final declaration and did not receive a sanction for not lodging all non-contracted player statements within the prescribed time frame. At no point were they over the cap or players took a pay cut to stay under.
Time to move on and focus on the season at hand, those who choose to push the envelope will be found out, loose lips sink ships !!

Affluent Pacco are one club who must surely be close to the limit player payment wise. They have a lot of high profile ex AFL players, who certainly aren’t just playing for the love of the guernsey and of their mates. They were right on the limit last season, and have topped up with Watson, Hansen, Allan, Veszpremi, etc, etc. Would be very interesting to know what they are really forking out. In addition, most weeks Pacco take the field at, or close to 48 player points. Could be big issues squeezing everyone in come finals time.

Hey my old friend Stax, where have you been. You have a short memory mate as your club was one of the those clubs who started offering players huge money years ago and one of the reasons (along with a couple of other sides) why players are getting so much $$ and a cap was introduced. Your CLUB played its part and a reason all these changes where implemented. I guess with a neighbouring club in Pacco challenging your club now you don’t seem happy..I thought you were a person who loved the challenge..It’s only been recently in where you have scored a couple of players from Pacco with offers of huge $$. One was offered huge $$ in which Pacco could/would not compete with. They were disappointed to lose this player and ultimately he left your club. This is a great example of the almighty $$ not being the best option for players..Money doesn’t buy happiness pal. So best Strathmore not go down this discussion path as you won’t win any arguments.

Just on Strathmore I hear they have already started approaching possible coaches for next season as they are unhappy with what’s been going on. Rumours spread quickly buddy..

Stax your thoughts!!

Pacco going along nicely and thanks for asking. Potent forward line going along nicely and they seem to have got through a difficult time with injuries. Yes it’s a strong list on paper and if they make finals I reckon they can cause some damage..

I say go the underdog’s Pacco. Wouldn’t it be great to see another club other than Abers, Greenvale, Keilor challenge for the premiership.

Gremlin, I have also missed you on big footy buddy. Could Douttas still snag a couple of wins and avoid the drop?? Why haven’t Douttas got u/19s as this is more a concern than the senior team mate. Historically Douttas have always had lots of juniors. Gee even Avondale are fielding 19s.

I think clubs without 19s must be giving the league some headaches. It might be ok if it’s short term but if it’s more than 2 years it’s concerning. It’s not a great situation having 19s playing other teams and not on the same ground as the seniors.

Cheers All.

Surely the league and clubs can meet with council and work out a solution.

Why is the new fence at Strathmore not around the whole ground? It stops for some reason just past the play ground. Is that so people can sit on the Hill?? Or is it to allow access to that area? Or is it to allow 6-8 people to be coaching from the boundary. Is this the ground with the black beads?? One of the worse grounds in our league..

Marby could also be fenced surely! Would be much better than what it currently is and look like a footy ground rather than just some Park. They should have done something to redesign that oval imo. Great picturesque surroundings but the ground is not the most appealing. Sorry Marby folk.

Players and spectators should never come that close. One day soon I’m sure you will see a crowd punch on, or a player punch on with some spectator who has a big mouth. Or a player punch on with a so called official who is 1 of 7-8 people on the interchange. Always lots of weak people yelling abuse but once someone walks over they absolutely sh&& themselves.

Won’t bother to comment on West Coburgs Shore Reserve as it’s clearly NOT an ideal footy ground and NO senior or 19s footy should ever be played on that oval. But they really are limited with space and are at least trying to do something by playing at Coburg City Oval. I’m sure the plan is to eventually relocate there as not sure how long Coburg will continue playing VFL footy.

This thread has become boring with limited conversations from games..I could write stuff but I’m frustrated with some things in this comp as it’s becoming very unprofessional compared to some other leagues in the state.

Where are Coburg FC going?

Hey my old friend Stax, where have you been. You have a short memory mate as your club was one of the those clubs who started offering players huge money years ago and one of the reasons (along with a couple of other sides) why players are getting so much $$ and a cap was introduced. Your CLUB played its part and a reason all these changes where implemented. I guess with a neighbouring club in Pacco challenging your club now you don’t seem happy..I thought you were a person who loved the challenge..It’s only been recently in where you have scored a couple of players from Pacco with offers of huge $$. One was offered huge $$ in which Pacco could/would not compete with. They were disappointed to lose this player and ultimately he left your club. This is a great example of the almighty $$ not being the best option for players..Money doesn’t buy happiness pal. So best Strathmore not go down this discussion path as you won’t win any arguments.

Just on Strathmore I hear they have already started approaching possible coaches for next season as they are unhappy with what’s been going on. Rumours spread quickly buddy..

Stax your thoughts!!

Pacco going along nicely and thanks for asking. Potent forward line going along nicely and they seem to have got through a difficult time with injuries. Yes it’s a strong list on paper and if they make finals I reckon they can cause some damage..

I say go the underdog’s Pacco. Wouldn’t it be great to see another club other than Abers, Greenvale, Keilor challenge for the premiership.

Gremlin, I have also missed you on big footy buddy. Could Douttas still snag a couple of wins and avoid the drop?? Why haven’t Douttas got u/19s as this is more a concern than the senior team mate. Historically Douttas have always had lots of juniors. Gee even Avondale are fielding 19s.

I think clubs without 19s must be giving the league some headaches. It might be ok if it’s short term but if it’s more than 2 years it’s concerning. It’s not a great situation having 19s playing other teams and not on the same ground as the seniors.

Cheers All.

EDS have Abers, Greenvale and Strathmore to round out the fixture and they won’t be winning any of them so 0-9 at the halfway point would suggest its Div.1 for 2019. The under 19’s or formerly the under 18’s have been traditionally strong at EDS for a very long time, mostly made finals and even won a few A grade flags. It’s very disappointing to see no team playing this year and so many young EDS juniors playing elsewhere this season, I think the major reason for this was the relationship over previous 2 seasons with the seniors. The guys in charge of the 19’s in recent years have not coached for the clubs future and rather coach for their own self interests which didn’t help the relationship. I believe the 19’s should be a breeding ground to develop young locals into long term senior players and this should be primary, and winning secondary, but this wasn’t the case.
I believe the jump back to Premier will be swift regardless of how they go about recruiting next season. The best 10 players at the moment would all dominate the next division down and the club will have no problem with paying the full cap in Div.1 so should can easily recruit the next 10 to top them off.
It’s how it’s done and who they recruit that makes all the difference. Wallis and footy ops had a clean slate in 2015 and they went down a path that will leave the club in the exact same spot in 2019. Recruiting old selfish players that wanted an easy B grade flag and no intention of playing in A grade when the did win, then to follow the huge war chest at another A grade flag in 2017. It was inpatient and not well thought through in my opinion, the club now must take a long term vision. I could think of at least 20 EDS 1 pointers playing around the state that could easily be in clubs best 25 players, I hope some those are attracted back to the club and we only pay market value rather than big overs for players that don’t care about the history or culture.
Anyway it’s a while off but hopefully one day we can be back, attracting big crowds and big games in Premier which is healthy for the league. Everyone loves to hate Douttas but would admit Premier isn’t the same without them.
That’s it for me on the past, it’s done now and can only look forward. Seeing the kids have a crack like they did on the weekend is enough for now.

EDS have Abers, Greenvale and Strathmore to round out the fixture and they won’t be winning any of them so 0-9 at the halfway point would suggest its Div.1 for 2019. The under 19’s or formerly the under 18’s have been traditionally strong at EDS for a very long time, mostly made finals and even won a few A grade flags. It’s very disappointing to see no team playing this year and so many young EDS juniors playing elsewhere this season, I think the major reason for this was the relationship over previous 2 seasons with the seniors. The guys in charge of the 19’s in recent years have not coached for the clubs future and rather coach for their own self interests which didn’t help the relationship. I believe the 19’s should be a breeding ground to develop young locals into long term senior players and this should be primary, and winning secondary, but this wasn’t the case.
I believe the jump back to Premier will be swift regardless of how they go about recruiting next season. The best 10 players at the moment would all dominate the next division down and the club will have no problem with paying the full cap in Div.1 so should can easily recruit the next 10 to top them off.
It’s how it’s done and who they recruit that makes all the difference. Wallis and footy ops had a clean slate in 2015 and they went down a path that will leave the club in the exact same spot in 2019. Recruiting old selfish players that wanted an easy B grade flag and no intention of playing in A grade when the did win, then to follow the huge war chest at another A grade flag in 2017. It was inpatient and not well thought through in my opinion, the club now must take a long term vision. I could think of at least 20 EDS 1 pointers playing around the state that could easily be in clubs best 25 players, I hope some those are attracted back to the club and we only pay market value rather than big overs for players that don’t care about the history or culture.
Anyway it’s a while off but hopefully one day we can be back, attracting big crowds and big games in Premier which is healthy for the league. Everyone loves to hate Douttas but would admit Premier isn’t the same without them.
That’s it for me on the past, it’s done now and can only look forward. Seeing the kids have a crack like they did on the weekend is enough for now.

I’m tipping EDS to knock off the Mores at Nipper Jordan, agree on getting some 1 pointers back, but why did they leave, because of lack of opportunity due to trying to buy success that’s why, convince them it’s all about the club and locals and you’ll get a few back.

Stax your thoughts!!

Cheers All.
You’re still deflecting as usual Turbo. I’m not suggesting that Strathmore haven’t contributed to the blowout in player payments, and the resultant introduction of the salary cap. They, along with others obviously have. What I am saying is that you are being hypocritical when you make insinuations about other clubs player payments, but totally ignore the bleeding obvious. That being that your beloved Pacco are just as guilty, if not more so in pushing the envelope as far as payments go. They were right on the limit last season, and have since recruited Watson, Hansen, Veszpremi, Allan, etc, etc. Wonder who took pay cuts to fit just that quartet in.

Bit disappointed with Pacco so far Turbo. I would have thought that with all the ex AFL players they’ve got, and the money they’re spending, they should be doing a lot better than 3 and 3. Big questions sure to be asked, and serious ramifications unless they go very deep into September.

As far as Strathmore approaching other coaches and rumours spreading quickly, I don’t think anyone gives that much credence. That’s mainly because you’re the one who always starts the rumours, which invariably turn out to be untrue.

You’re still deflecting as usual Turbo. I’m not suggesting that Strathmore haven’t contributed to the blowout in player payments, and the resultant introduction of the salary cap. They, along with others obviously have. What I am saying is that you are being hypocritical when you make insinuations about other clubs player payments, but totally ignore the bleeding obvious. That being that your beloved Pacco are just as guilty, if not more so in pushing the envelope as far as payments go. They were right on the limit last season, and have since recruited Watson, Hansen, Veszpremi, Allan, etc, etc. Wonder who took pay cuts to fit just that quartet in.

Bit disappointed with Pacco so far Turbo. I would have thought that with all the ex AFL players they’ve got, and the money they’re spending, they should be doing a lot better than 3 and 3. Big questions sure to be asked, and serious ramifications unless they go very deep into September.

As far as Strathmore approaching other coaches and rumours spreading quickly, I don’t think anyone gives that much credence. That’s mainly because you’re the one who always starts the rumours, which invariably turn out to be untrue.

Avondale will knock Pacco off this week

Avondale will knock Pacco off this week

Could very well do so. Also wouldn’t surprise too much if Glenroy knocked off the injury ridden Keilor, and the Burgers beat Strathmore. Marby and Greenvale should be a close match.

Only game which should be a certainty is Abers over EDS. Douttas have certainly put up gutsy performances over past 2 matches, but to beat Abers is a stretch too far.

Could very well do so. Also wouldn’t surprise too much if Glenroy knocked off the injury ridden Keilor, and the Burgers beat Strathmore. Marby and Greenvale should be a close match.

Only game which should be a certainty is Abers over EDS. Douttas have certainly put up gutsy performances over past 2 matches, but to beat Abers is a stretch too far.

I hope you’re right, would be great weekend for the comp

Stax your thoughts!!

Cheers All.
It is an interesting point you make about Doutta 19's. Since they won the 16's a few years ago that team has been spread to the fours corners. Rayner and Balta drafted, Sir went to East Keilor I think, Klaromenos playing at Hillside, Brookes playing VAFA, Luci and Cappelletti at Keilor, Ribon? Pavlovic playing VAFA, Scully? Martyn Western Jets, well you get the drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back