Competition Can-Am Premiership 2018 - Champions - Seattle Space Rangers

Remove this Banner Ad

No issue with the location, however, coming in with colours and a mascot that is basically my NAFL team, as well as a logo that I instantly recognise as being from the sportslogos community, I don't think so.

In short, location fine, brand will not be accepted.
would i be able to keep the requins name though because that has a san diego feel because it is french...

No issue with the location, however, coming in with colours and a mascot that is basically my NAFL team, as well as a logo that I instantly recognise as being from the sportslogos community, I don't think so.

In short, location fine, brand will not be accepted.
fixed. the San Diego Horizon

Does the minor team have to be in the same state or can we include states that would never have their own major team i.e. New Orleans and Mississippi, Seatle and Idaho, Minnesota and the Dakotas or Denver and any states Colorado border minus Kansas

Does the minor team have to be in the same state or can we include states that would never have their own major team i.e. New Orleans and Mississippi, Seatle and Idaho, Minnesota and the Dakotas or Denver and any states Colorado border minus Kansas

As per the Can-Am 2 explanation;

As this is a trial season for this idea I am restricting Can-Am 2 teams locations to close to their main franchises locations (so within the franchises city limits or near the city if there are other franchises located nearby, or within the franchises state or province if the franchise has no other franchises within the same state/province) as to not have people overlap as no-one will need to publicly announce where their second team will be located. Franchises can use another locations name (be it city, suburb or state/province depending on what other franchises are nearby) or take the route or some MLS teams in forming a second team with a 2 at the end (e.g. Portland Timbers, LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders who have a 2 or II team).

Only exception is given in the Eastern Canadian franchise rule;

Should the Los Angeles franchise choose to move to Montreal, they may use either St. John's or Halifax as a base for their Can-Am 2 team, but only if all Canadian franchises in the Eastern Conference (as of the closing of bids) agree to this.

The same rule will apply to these other Eastern Canadian franchises should they wish to use a minor regional location for their Can-Am 2 team (must gain league approval of location first, before requesting permission from the other franchises).

The reasoning behind this is that due to the restrictive space between these franchises, there may not be a location for a Can-Am 2 team to exist apart from within the same city as the Can-Am team (unless the team decides to keep their team in the same city).

All other Can-Am franchises may apply for special consideration should their franchise be located closely to other franchises and may not have space for their Can-Am 2 team, but will not be given automatic permission and will be looked at in a case by case basis.

As per the Can-Am 2 explanation;... Only exception is given in the Eastern Canadian franchise rule;

I didn't think of reading it again so...
Team Location: Philadelphia
Team Name: Philadelphia Lightning
Can-Am 2 Name: Harrisburg Thunder
Reason why your team should be selected: Apart from the fact that Phille definitely has enough people, why MY team should be selected is that I'd like to try to improve my designing ability and creativity. One does not get far if they do not try their hand at every available opportunity.

I didn't think of reading it again so...
Team Location: Philadelphia
Team Name: Philadelphia Lightning
Can-Am 2 Name: Harrisburg Thunder
Reason why your team should be selected: Apart from the fact that Phille definitely has enough people, why MY team should be selected is that I'd like to try to improve my designing ability and creativity. One does not get far if they do not try their hand at every available opportunity.

Noted. No issue with it at this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team Location: Columbus (Capital of Ohio)
Team Name: Colossus
Can-Am 2 Name: Dayton Magic
Reason why your team should be selected: coz my team will be cool. seriously though, i have a good idea for the team and really want to enter more comps to improve. (however i know there is a Cincinatti team, not sure where their 2nd team is, but if you arent happy with Columbus, i can find other locations for the Colossus and Magic)

Reason why your team should be selected: coz my team will be cool. seriously though, i have a good idea for the team and really want to enter more comps to improve. (however i know there is a Cincinatti team, not sure where their 2nd team is, but if you arent happy with Columbus, i can find other locations for the Colossus and Magic)

Sounds ok.

(however i know there is a Cincinatti team, not sure where their 2nd team is, but if you arent happy with Columbus, i can find other locations for the Colossus and Magic)

I am not in charge of deciding where Can-Am 2 teams will be located. So long as they meet the rules that have been set out, it is up to individual designers to determine their Can-Am 2 locations. So you will have to check with the Cincinnati owner to determine this

NOTE FOR NEW BIDS

The East is beginning to get quite crowded with existing teams and new bids (with the current alignment there would be 12/13 teams in the east and up to 9 in the west).

At the moment you will be more likely to successfully gain entry at the moment with a bid in the western half of Canada and the USA (current divide is a line that sits somewhere between Winnipeg and Milwaukee in the north and Fort Worth and New Orleans in the south running through Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana).

Team Location: Calgary
Team Name: Calgary Wolves
Can-Am 2: Calgary Pups
Reason why your team should be selected: Decided to get back into designing after a little hiatus, Couldn't think of a better comp to start with. Also how Calgary have not go a team yet is crazy! I have not decided on colors yet, but will post when I do.

Team Location: Calgary
Team Name: Calgary Wolves
Can-Am 2: Calgary Pups
Reason why your team should be selected: Decided to get back into designing after a little hiatus, Couldn't think of a better comp to start with. Also how Calgary have not go a team yet is crazy! I have not decided on colors yet, but will post when I do.

Noted.

BREAKING: A leak from last week's Toronto Sixers' ownership group meeting surrounding the CAN-AM 2 team.
Reports indicate the team will be based downstream from Toronto in Hamilton.

The name? The Hamilton Hexa.

Of course, basing the second team outside of Toronto will require approval from CAN-AM CEO craegus and other Eastern Conference teams, but it's expected to go ahead.

BREAKING: A leak from last week's Toronto Sixers' ownership group meeting surrounding the CAN-AM 2 team.
Reports indicate the team will be based downstream from Toronto in Hamilton.

The name? The Hamilton Hexa.

Of course, basing the second team outside of Toronto will require approval from CAN-AM CEO craegus and other Eastern Conference teams, but it's expected to go ahead.

Hamilton is fine with me and would be normally seen as a fine location for a minor league team from Toronto.

Cincinnati have both teams in the same city. The Chargers have Black, grey and yellow and the Colts (2nds) have Sky blue, black and grey

Team Location: Baltimore
Team Name: Baltimore Mariners
Can-Am 2: East Coast Seamen
Reason why your team should be selected: Ive already made the logos and this looks comp looks like good fun! :)
View attachment 501802

Nice concept, the names are fine, but an existing team has a very similar logo.

Winnipeg%20True%20North%20All%202%20small_zpsi2yovxzx.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back