Mega Thread Things that s**t me part XII - The Twelfth One!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope you don't drive like you normally do when you go on a date RU_ . It could explain a little as to why you're a bit unlucky with the ladies at present.
Quite reserved and tame, not impatient when going on a date. They hop back into the car with me after the first date, it just seems to be closing the deal I can’t quite do. :p

Once again...

On single lane roads you must drive as far to the left as practical (except motorcyclists). On multi-lane roads if the speed limit is 90km/h or more you must drive in the left lane. This same rule applies to any road where there is a ‘keep left unless overtaking’ sign. On these roads you can only drive in the right hand lane if:
  • you’re turning right or making a U-turn;
  • you’re overtaking;
  • the left lane is a special purpose lane, e.g. bus lane, bicycle lane, slow vehicle turnout lane;
  • the left lane is a turning lane and you are going straight ahead;
  • you’re avoiding an obstruction;
  • you’re not driving a vehicle of a type that is prohibited from the right lane by way of signs (i.e. trucks);
  • the other lanes are congested with traffic.
We don't have 4 and 5 lane roads for everyone to sit in the left lane at all times. That is literally not how they are designed to work.
Okay so just to clarify then, that keep left rule basically applies to the freeways, Roe, Tonkin etc in Perth and even then only when the other lanes are not congested with traffic. If I'm on one of those roads and there is little other traffic I will quite happily drive in the left lane. I'm not some campaigner that drives in the right lane at any opportunity because * everyone else. If the roads that this law is applicable to are congested with traffic I'll drive in whichever lane I ******* like doing the speed limit whenever possible. What I object to is dickheads coming up behind me in these situations tailgaiting, flashing lights, honking etc because they think the right lane is specifically for people who wish to break the speed limit. It isn't and I won't be bullied into moving over to affirm and enable this behaviour. If people have a problem with that then :handpointup:.

You sound like a road rager tbh. You need to relax and just do the speed limit like normal, law abiding people.

I am relaxed, I don't road rage and I generally do stick to the speed limit, occasionally 5km over. I haven't had a ticket in over 15 years.

You do realise that it's also "law abiding" to 'keep left unless overtaking', so not sure why you preach 'law abiding' while arguing that some laws are optional...?

I am relaxed, I don't road rage and I generally do stick to the speed limit, occasionally 5km over. I haven't had a ticket in over 15 years.

You do realise that it's also "law abiding" to 'keep left unless overtaking', so not sure why you preach 'law abiding' while arguing that some laws are optional...?
Read the post above yours. You've misunderstood the law. Keep left on multi lane roads with a speed limit of 90+ if the roads are not congested. It's not keep left on every road at all times unless overtaking.

If I let someone into traffic and they don't give me a wave I have some pretty messed up violent thoughts enter my mind. I just can't help it.

that is downright rude when you dont get the wave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so just to clarify then, that keep left rule basically applies to the freeways, Roe, Tonkin etc in Perth and even then only when the other lanes are not congested with traffic. If I'm on one of those roads and there is little other traffic I will quite happily drive in the left lane. I'm not some campaigner that drives in the right lane at any opportunity because **** everyone else. If the roads that this law is applicable to are congested with traffic I'll drive in whichever lane I ******* like doing the speed limit whenever possible. What I object to is dickheads coming up behind me in these situations tailgaiting, flashing lights, honking etc because they think the right lane is specifically for people who wish to break the speed limit. It isn't and I won't be bullied into moving over to affirm and enable this behaviour. If people have a problem with that then :handpointup:.

Yep. If I am heading south from the city and exiting at Canning or Leach I'm not going to sit in the leftmost lane dealing with merging dickheads getting on and off at Mill Point Rd and South Terrace. I'll sit in a middle lane and progressively shift right depending on how many people are fannying about doing 70 in each lane. I'll then move into the leftmost lane when I want to exit. It's how the whole system is meant to work... but hey if I'm driving home at 4am and there are zero cars on the road I'll just stay left the entire time because I'm not getting around anyone.

I got the double wave this morning, bloody loved it

I let someone in on Saturday at the lights who was exiting a servo with a trailer. I was going to stop anyway so gave him an extra few metres then waved him in. Got the double wave back. Good Christian motoring James May would call it.

For a hypothetical s**t me, if I was that guy and no one let me in I'd be pissed off. Driving with a trailer you need a bit more time and space to pull out and so many people would just sit 2mm from the car in front of them at the lights and not consider letting anyone in.

Yep. If I am heading south from the city and exiting at Canning or Leach I'm not going to sit in the leftmost lane dealing with merging dickheads getting on and off at Mill Point Rd and South Terrace. I'll sit in a middle lane and progressively shift right depending on how many people are fannying about doing 70 in each lane. I'll then move into the leftmost lane when I want to exit. It's how the whole system is meant to work... but hey if I'm driving home at 4am and there are zero cars on the road I'll just stay left the entire time because I'm not getting around anyone.
giphy.gif

That's a good one. I have a mate that does the double point then two thumbs up. Always gets a smile.
I had to teach my current gf about the wave, she didn't realise it was good karma.

Perth people love bitching about the traffic, I use to be able to go from Welshpool to Scarborough on the way home from work in around 30 minutes (25km's). Now it takes me that same time to travel 10km's and I don't even have to cross the city!!

That's a good one. I have a mate that does the double point then two thumbs up. Always gets a smile.
I had to teach my current gf about the wave, she didn't realise it was good karma.

Perth people love bitching about the traffic, I use to be able to go from Welshpool to Scarborough on the way home from work in around 30 minutes (25km's). Now it takes me that same time to travel 10km's and I don't even have to cross the city!!

i always give the thumbs up

I like to do a double wave - once when they’ve give the “go ahead” - which is the acknowledgement wave and again once I’ve entered the lane “the thank you wave”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back