Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon II - over 6500 days since EFC won a final / AC signs w NM, EFC implode / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always someone else's problem.....

This reminds me.

So used to work near Etihad stadium. The North vs Scum game in 2015 was approaching and they have that stupid book all tickets nonsense. So I go to the ground a few days before and a speak to the guy there. We'll call him I-aint Competent. So I says to I-aint, look I-aint I really don't want to sit around scum supporters. Could be a close game and I could get heated and I-aint I really enjoy the footy more with my own kind.

I-aint proceeds to book me tickets in a bay he assures me is NMFC.

Game rolls around and I'm f***ing surrounded. F*** you I-aint, there's only 3 things that can happen now
1) North simple must win,
2) I must drink
3) I must give as much s**t as possible

Anyway so as we kick clear they start railing on the umpires. As is a scum supporters want everything was the umpires fault.

This results in me now standing up every time the complaints come and saying 'it's always somebody else's fault'

Suffice to say this truth bomb was not appreciated.

One haggard old scum supporter with younger red and black skunks in tow tried to lecture Mrs OF on their righteousness.only to learn that Mrs OF is just as passionate as I am albeit less vocal.

Twas a good night. I-aint did OK after all.

https://www.3aw.com.au/teenage-boy-arrested-and-charged-over-home-invasion-at-james-hirds/

Teenage boy arrested and charged over home invasion at James Hird’s
1 min ago
3aw news

hirdhome-1-600x400.jpg

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged following an aggravated burglary at James Hird’s Toorak home.

It’s alleged the Dandenong boy stole a silver Audi Q7 station wagon and some electrical items from the property during the alleged aggravated burglary at some stage between midnight and 1.30am last week.

He’s been charged with aggravated burglary, theft, theft of a motor vehicle and handling stolen goods.

He is expected to face a children’s court at a later date.

https://www.3aw.com.au/teenage-boy-arrested-and-charged-over-home-invasion-at-james-hirds/

1 min ago
3aw news

hirdhome-1-600x400.jpg

A 15-year-old boy has been arrested and charged following an aggravated burglary at James Hird’s Toorak home.

It’s alleged the Dandenong boy stole a silver Audi Q7 station wagon and some electrical items from the property during the alleged aggravated burglary at some stage between midnight and 1.30am last week.

He’s been charged with aggravated burglary, theft, theft of a motor vehicle and handling stolen goods.

Wish the cops acted that quickly when I've had s**t stolen.

Wish the cops acted that quickly when I've had s**t stolen.

Just get it on the front page of the HUN and 300 cops will get to work on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 min ago
3aw news

hirdhome-1-600x400.jpg

There goes the tin foil hat theory about Bombers email and Hird being cleaned out being connected.

Essendon drugs cancer will never go away and its scars have been laid bare this week, writes Mark Robinson
MARK ROBINSON, Herald Sun
May 25, 2018 4:00pm
Subscriber only
THE cancer born from the Essendon drugs scandal won’t go away.

It rears its head occasionally and in the past two weeks, ferociously.

On display has been utter despair and disillusionment, bewildering and unrelenting personal attacks and a cry for help from a man who may find himself in jail, but who 12 months ago was so swamped with mental health issues he reached out to an old friend, David Evans.

His name is Mark Thompson and his email to Evans, the former Essendon chairman, which was written in February 2017, was on the front page of the Herald Sun a week ago.

The push back on Thompson by commentator Caroline Wilson was savage, prompting debate about whether she’s still barracking for her narrative which was Thompson, James Hird et al were all evil and that Evans, the AFL and their processes were the good guys in all of this.

The AFL has been accused of bungling and corrupting the initial investigation. The AFL has denied it.

d501cab563bba621624beff10591e383

Former Essendon coach Mark Thompson.
fab6a7abb6f7857fd450b777ced10da5

Former Essendon chairman David Evans. Picture: Norm Oorloff
But when Mike Sheahan interviewed former AFL chairman Mike Fitzpatrick on Fox Footy on May 15, the people still interested in this long-running tragedy were probably surprised at the lack of certainty and conviction from Fitzpatrick.

He said the players “almost certainly took performance enhancing drugs’’, but “you couldn’t totally be certain’’, that there was circumstantial evidence, a rival player complained to him about the size of Essendon players in 2012, and that “apparently’’ the players took thousands of injections.

Even the fair-minded Sheahan was taken aback by Fitzpatrick’s offerings. “His answers did seem to be a bit willy-nilly and indecisive,’’ Sheahan said.

FITZPATRICK: “ALMOST CERTAINLY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING”

NO SHOWS: PREMIERSHIP TRIO SKIP 1993 REUNION

STRUGGLE: BOMBER’S DESPERATE PLEA FOR HELP

Tim Watson was critical of the former chairman as was Paul Little, who replaced Evans after Evans quit two days after the Herald Sun revealed in 2013 the infamous phone call made by Andrew Demetriou to Evans at an emergency meeting at Evans’ house. It was dubbed the Night Of Crisis.

“Why Mike would come out now with his views on something that can’t be proven one way or the other is beyond me,’’ Little said.

In fact, coaching great Mick Malthouse was the first to the provoke the cancer when, on April 9, he declared in the Herald Sun the flatlining Bombers were still scarred by the scandal which handed “life sentences” to the suspended players.

84e53bee7bd15febef155e41479c1486

Former Essendon CEO Ian Robson, chairman David Evans and coach James Hird.
Fitzpatrick’s comments further opened wounds.

“I thought he was pathetic,’’ former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas said on a podcast with Sheahan and Sam Newman.

Newman said: “He (Fitzpatrick) should be roundly condemned for that.’’

Clearly, the anger and bitterness as a result of the greatest scandal in Australian rules history is back in the headlines.

In the wake of Thompson’s arrest, Hird claimed the club did not fully support the footy department staff, including himself and Thompson, through the investigation and that what the pair went through at the time contributed significantly to their ongoing issues.

On May 10, Thompson, Hird and club favourite Dean Wallis did not attend the 1993 premiership reunion dinner for differing reasons, but those reasons were linked to the drugs saga and its fallout.

2692f7930a840e13e6a296a28e02a4b6

Former Essendon captain Jobe Watson.
Former Bomber Stewart Crameri broke down in a Fox Footy interviewon May 16. “For someone to be guilty of something when they’re innocent, it’s just really hard to take,’’ he said.

Former captain Jobe Watson this week opened up on a podcast about how his club was “negligent on multiple levels’’ through 2012.

“Four years of not only my career but my teammates’ careers were absorbed by this, so that makes me sad. I don’t have ill feelings towards the club, but the club didn’t do their job,’’ Watson said.

Despite the angst, there has been some breakthrough.

Hird and AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan, who was the AFL’s negotiator when the AFL was pushing for penalties for Essendon, which included the one-year suspension for Hird, met twice in the past two weeks. That eventuality was previously unthinkable.

They met at a hole-in-wall coffee shop in South Yarra, with AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon, and spoke of Hird’s relationship with the AFL. Still, they will never be friendly.

That night, or early the next day, Hird’s Toorak house was broken into and a computer, a phone and a car stolen.

The outrageousness of events involving firstly Thompson and then Hird also had Thomas wondering if they were somehow linked. That also is unthinkable, but conspiracies have always been undercurrent of this whole drugs affair.

Thompson’s arrest on serious drug charges was the most stunning news and people close to him, who have reconnected with Thompson since his arrest, say he has sought professional help to deal with his mental health issues.

098eec4885f668d41747e359b1a831ae

Mark Thompson and James Hird.
That is separate, of course, to the charges he faces.

His email to Evans came after Hird almost killed himself.

“It’s time to start fighting for the truth for all our sakes, and most importantly for the players’ sake. They deserve to know everything we know about this fiasco. It’s time we all stood up and right the wrong,” Thompson wrote.

“I think it’s time you stepped up to be the man we thought you were.’’

He was referring to Evans’ role with the AFL and with Demetriou, and was fully aware of Hird’s claim that Evans told Hird to “tell the whole truth to ASADA but not the part about what Andrew Demetriou told me”.

The email from Thompson was crucified by Wilson.

“These were the deluded rantings of a man who was the architect of his own downfall,” she said. “(The email) proved to show how completely demented he has been.”

Strong — some would say callous — words to describe a man who had previously admitted he had mental health issues.

This whole saga, running since 2013, will never be fully reconciled and every time it’s back in the headlines, it seems everyone who had a role to play plants their flag to the version they know best. Not most, but best

Is it a crime to have Geelong memorabilia? Maybe he borrowed a towel..

AFL great Mark “Bomber” Thompson has dashed in and out of a Melbourne court in a flash, almost avoiding cameras as his drug trafficking case was adjourned for a month.

Thompson was due to face Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday over drug charges linked to a police raid at his Port Melbourne home earlier this year.

Methamphetamine, ecstasy, LSD and MDMA were found in plastic bags during a raid of Thompson’s residence on January 5, police say.

Some of the drugs were found in a small room protected by a keypad that investigators allege only Thompson could access.

Geelong memorabilia was also allegedly found in the room.

Wow, I never would have picked Robbo for a forensic psychologist..............and a delusional one at that.

The fact that he can have a crack at Caro in that cheesy, delusional, mills & boon waffle is an exercise in hypocrisy you don't come across that often.

He's as nuts as the rest of them.

Wow, I never would have picked Robbo for a forensic psychologist..............and a delusional one at that.

The fact that he can have a crack at Caro in that cheesy, delusional, mills & boon waffle is an exercise in hypocrisy you don't come across that often.

He's as nuts as the rest of them.

Robbo has always been a donialist and every word he utters on the topic is in that vein. This latest effort is perhaps his most pathetic yet.

Essendon Players and coaching staff in denial

In breaking news it is alleged that the young man whom broke / allegedly broke into birds home has settled for an alleged large sum to sign a non disclosure agreement
This alleged nondisclosure agreement would not allow him / her to confirm or deny whether there existed either in our imagination / or theirs , an alleged list of items ( whatever that means ) that were injected by the Essendon 32
Which apparently is the Essendon 34 but we delisted 2 so they don’t count
If I knew what I was talking about .

The afl is now struggling with an alleged tsunami of situations where the guilty party gets
the aggrieved party to sign a non disclosure agreement and pay them off to avoid any afl punishment .....allegedly .
There a
Comments are satirical or is it sarcastic

Oh yeh I forgot
Denial
They all allegedly believe they did nothing wrong !
The yearly meeting where asada told them
You are personally responsible for any drug you ingest or inject into your body
And every athlete banned by asada
/ wada gets the same message !!!
SO WE Are innocent ?
Go figure !

Last edited:
Robbo has always been a donialist and every word he utters on the topic is in that vein. This latest effort is perhaps his most pathetic yet.

He's a whining old moll. His virtue signalling and schizophrenic empathy is clear off the charts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back