Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Man sad news, you have always been a great coach and kept the team shaping well, so much potential as you say.

Life is so busy, having just had my first kid this year I can see how time between family and work and everything is so short.

Hope you well man and always happy to chat about anything if you need it.

Good luck in the future

Jordie

Coaches,

With a heavy heart, I wish to announce my retirement from this league, effective at the end of the season.

Despite current standings, I think the list is not in bad shape. Sloane, Lyons, Viney, Steven, O’Meara, S.Selwood, Steele are a pretty decent starting midfield lineup (when they actually get on the park), there are some good young defenders in Salem and Scharenberg with a lot of years left. The forward line, let by Riewoldt and Elliott, has traditionally been a strength, but probably needs some rejuvenation. Although there is something to look forward to with the likes of Florent and Todd Marshall who are already impacting the game, and will only get better.

I’m still enjoying the league, but if I’m honest, the commitment probably just isn’t where it should be. My team has been mediocre for a while, and I don’t see that really changing until someone is able to spend greater time on trading and player research than I ever could. The guilt of trade requests going unanswered does weigh on me.

Thanks to all the fun over the years – this is truly a great league, and some great people involved. My intention is to remain in charge until the end of the season, maintaining the team in a way that will give my successor the best possible chance for improvement in the future. But I’ll take any direction from Unknown Caller when to handover, if a suitable successor is found in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Pez
Big news! Hope all is well Pez. You've been a great addition to the league. Glad to see you're seeing the year out :)

Coaches,

With a heavy heart, I wish to announce my retirement from this league, effective at the end of the season.

Despite current standings, I think the list is not in bad shape. Sloane, Lyons, Viney, Steven, O’Meara, S.Selwood, Steele are a pretty decent starting midfield lineup (when they actually get on the park), there are some good young defenders in Salem and Scharenberg with a lot of years left. The forward line, let by Riewoldt and Elliott, has traditionally been a strength, but probably needs some rejuvenation. Although there is something to look forward to with the likes of Florent and Todd Marshall who are already impacting the game, and will only get better.

I’m still enjoying the league, but if I’m honest, the commitment probably just isn’t where it should be. My team has been mediocre for a while, and I don’t see that really changing until someone is able to spend greater time on trading and player research than I ever could. The guilt of trade requests going unanswered does weigh on me.

Thanks to all the fun over the years – this is truly a great league, and some great people involved. My intention is to remain in charge until the end of the season, maintaining the team in a way that will give my successor the best possible chance for improvement in the future. But I’ll take any direction from Unknown Caller when to handover, if a suitable successor is found in the meantime.

Sincerely,

Pez
Wanna trade me Viney, Salem or Marshall on your way out please? GG Pez

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done mrpez on everything in the league to date. Could have easily gone silent and just ignored things until we had to make a move. I know I'm less committed to the week to week banter than I used to be but I still watch and listen and get involved where I can. Taking a step back from BigFooty as whole has actually been a great thing!

Good luck for the season and good luck to the coach who takes over. I'm sure there will be a few lining up to grab that list and do some work.

On another note - Has there ever been expectation on a side to win the flag like there is on the TurboWarriors this year? Miles in front of the rest. Will this be Essendon 2000 or St Kilda 2009?

No pressure tenderwarrior ;);)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back