Society/Culture Casual racism - the scourge of our society

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to NZ, Canada, USA and the UK doesn't really count for you you know, afraid to run into people of a different language and race?

over 250 languages are supposedly spoken in London and more than 2/3rds of children in london have at least on parent born o/s with % people being white British is under 50%. Likewise Vancouver and Toronto have significant Asian populations, ditto the US re sizeable minority populations.

So once again you are talking gibberish.

over 250 languages are supposedly spoken in London and more than 2/3rds of children in london have at least on parent born o/s with % people being white British is under 50%. Likewise Vancouver and Toronto have significant Asian populations, ditto the US re sizeable minority populations.

So once again you are talking gibberish.
What is the national language and the most widely spoken language in all of those countries?

Exactly. I am flattered that you stalk me.

straw man.

regardless some payments such as ABSTUDY arent subject to an incomes test.

Surprise surprise, it's not as you say it is.
Try again, see how far you can twist something to make the usual rubbish argument.

#medusalalogic
#iblameasylumseekersforeverything

I was watching Have You Been Paying Attention this morning and was surprised at a comment made by one of the panellists.

The had a guest quiz master on in Sashi Cheliah, last weeks winner of MasterChef. (I've never watched it). Sashi has a very heavily accented voice, Indian I'm assuming. The questions he was asking were video based ie they'd show a clip, stop it and then ask what happens next.

In one of the clips, the final two contestants of MasterChef were standing there and someone was coming in behind them. They stopped the clip and asked the panellists, 'Who was behind the MasterChef contestants?'. One said that it was the Wolf (which was funny in itself) and then another quickly said, Peter Dutton, the camera quickly moved on to the next person to answer who got it right by saying it was the MasterChef contestant's families.

I nearly spat my cornflakes up when it was said and I'll admit, I had a good laugh over it.

I was watching Have You Been Paying Attention this morning and was surprised at a comment made by one of the panellists.

The had a guest quiz master on in Sashi Cheliah, last weeks winner of MasterChef. (I've never watched it). Sashi has a very heavily accented voice, Indian I'm assuming. The questions he was asking were video based ie they'd show a clip, stop it and then ask what happens next.

In one of the clips, the final two contestants of MasterChef were standing there and someone was coming in behind them. They stopped the clip and asked the panellists, 'Who was behind the MasterChef contestants?'. One said that it was the Wolf (which was funny in itself) and then another quickly said, Peter Dutton, the camera quickly moved on to the next person to answer who got it right by saying it was the MasterChef contestant's families.

I nearly spat my cornflakes up when it was said and I'll admit, I had a good laugh over it.
That's not casual racism, that's satire. The target of the joke is Peter Dutton and the idea that anyone other than a white Australian is potentially an illegal immigrant.

That's not casual racism, that's satire. The target of the joke is Peter Dutton and the idea that anyone other than a white Australian is potentially an illegal immigrant.
It's a little from column a and a little from column b - all depends on whose perspective you associate with (the contestant or Dutton).

Fortunately, comedy is still allowed to push the boundaries of good taste and hold a mirror up to society. Someone kicks up a stink every now and again when they see something that goes past their boundaries of acceptability (or on behalf of someone else... The worst kind...) but people inevitably move on. Thankfully.

If memory serves, the joke was delivered by Sam Pang, who has foreign ancestry/looks himself and has often made Dutton the target of jokes. As always, context in everything; if it was delivered by a comedian who had stated his admiration for tough immigration policies, it would hardly have the same satirical effect.

DkBKdqrXcAA8m8C.jpg

Great hypocrisy. Even better that somehow its others racism that caused it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/business/media/sarah-jeong-new-york-times.html

On Wednesday, The New York Times announced that it had hired Sarah Jeong as the lead technology writer for its editorial board, saying she “has guided readers through the digital world with verve and erudition, staying ahead of every turn on the vast beat that is the internet.”

There was soon an outcry on right-wing websites over tweets Ms. Jeong wrote from 2013 to early 2015, which referred to white people with terms like “groveling goblins” and “dogs.”

On Thursday, The Times released a statement saying that it knew about the tweets before hiring Ms. Jeong, 30, and that she would stay on the editorial board.

“Her journalism and the fact that she is a young Asian woman have made her a subject of frequent online harassment,” The Times said in its statement. “For a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers. She sees now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Scourge" used to belong to the rednecks (black scourge, yellow scourge etc.)

Now it appears to have been well and truly stolen by the new lefties.

There's very little that separates them in lunacy.

Why do they nearly always have the short, weirdly colored dyed hair and glasses?

Is that some type of uniform for misandrists?

If memory serves, the joke was delivered by Sam Pang, who has foreign ancestry/looks himself and has often made Dutton the target of jokes. As always, context in everything; if it was delivered by a comedian who had stated his admiration for tough immigration policies, it would hardly have the same satirical effect.

It would only be racism if was said by someone whose parents and grand parents were born in Australia and who were of British/Irish heritage.

It's a form of self loathing.

You reckon?

A "girly" lesbian friend of mine made a great observation once when she pointed out how butch "dykes" tended to despise men, yet dressed like men and took on the aggressive traits of men. It's one of the ultimate hypocrisies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back