• GCS

Votes: 27 15.7%
  • other

Votes: 24 14.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You seen Hipwood recently?

And Hipwood is what exactly?

Promising yes, but his point still stands, he’s not an example of a very slight forward ripping the comp apart. Hipwood will need to put on a significant amount of weight on to become one of the elite forwards.

Franklin, Kennedy, Brown, Lynch, Hawkins, Danniher are all huge.

Right now, you would reckon Port and Adelaide would be throwing multiple picks for pick 1, and Carlton/StKilda/Brisbane would be crazy not to entertain it.

Entertain it yes but it would have to be a godfather offer to get 1 or 2. Or something like we did with GWS - 2 for 3 and 16. Lions fans have their eyes on Sam Walsh

I've lost track of the number of times I've heard "Carlton's this or that set for a decade", yet here we are.

Remember they said the same thing when they drafted a couple of KPP's around 2010 - Matthew ?

Could see port throwing their first rounder rounder and wines for pick 1 and change at us to get this kid.

Bloody hell, how good is the field kicking? :O I wish we had... a... player... who could hit targets that consistently.

Anyway, if Blues finish dead last - which is a very real possibility - I do wonder if this is the year #1 might be moveable. We may well look to trade down and double up in the first round on midfielders, and someone desperate for a young KPF to build around for a while may be keen.

I've lost track of the number of times I've heard "Carlton's this or that set for a decade", yet here we are.
All of that was just an artifact of expecting too much of a side because it had Judd among its paying list. Our attitude in the past has nothing to do with having faith in some of our current players. Having said that, if the best player available at our first pick in this year's draft was a tall, I hope the club has no hesitation in calling his name out.

Bloody hell, how good is the field kicking? :O I wish we had... a... player... who could hit targets that consistently.

Anyway, if Blues finish dead last - which is a very real possibility - I do wonder if this is the year #1 might be moveable. We may well look to trade down and double up in the first round on midfielders, and someone desperate for a young KPF to build around for a while may be keen.
Logic states that we wouldn't necessarily need too 'double up' on midfielders. It could also mean we could have our cake and eat it too, in regards to best available versus midfield.

Last edited:

We are desperate for an exceptional talent like Lukosius . We've not kick over 100 points in a game this year and I forget the last .
If we end bottom of the barrel, Jack's our boy don't think there's had being a better KPF prospect for over a decade.

We are desperate for an exceptional talent like Lukosius . We've not kick over 100 points in a game this year and I forget the last .
If we end bottom of the barrel, Jack's our boy don't think there's had being a better KPF prospect for over a decade.

Last year Lukosius was very impressive. This season he's struggled in the SANFL. I saw him play last weekend, and if I hadn't known who he was, wouldn't have been impressed with him in the least. He'll be a good get for someone, but I wouldn't class him as a walk up start to AFL at this stage.

Last year Lukosius was very impressive. This season he's struggled in the SANFL. I saw him play last weekend, and if I hadn't known who he was, wouldn't have been impressed with him in the least. He'll be a good get for someone, but I wouldn't class him as a walk up start to AFL at this stage.
This is good. Keep talking him down so he can get to our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peaked already.
Won't be No.1 draft pick.. may be No.2 now :)

He is nearly as good as a lock now to go 1. Tore WA apart.

If I was a Saint, Blue or Lion I would be hoping to start the tanking.[/QUOTE

The lad is a special talent whomever ends the season with 1st pick will not hesitate to call his number. Hope Baggers snare Jack Lukosius.

No thanks...........to the tanking
Same for us. We're already reasonably injury/suspension ravaged, and consequently about the youngest team going around, yet we're starting to play much better footy with this younger, quicker, better skilled and hungrier team, so I'd much rather we continue to improve and start getting some wins up and finish the season positively, as much as I would love Lukosius.

We might have to settle for Max King. Or Walsh, Rankine, Smith, or Ben King!

Fagan just confirmed. Lions will be asking for a priority pick again this year..

Back