Division 4 2018 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any good? Knox?
I believe he played at Noosa, went to Knox then onto Sorrento and the back to Knox and then back to Noosa (He likes the East Coast). He has moved back down South, so I definitely see a Knox connection and gets to play with his mates. Adds another dimension to their forward line as he is a multiple goal kicker and averaged 4 a game at Noosa. I heard Miller is back on track and will be in available around the same time as Middleton as well. Hate to be a selector that's for sure. I see they lost one of their midfielders with a broken ankle last week. After years of being smashed every game they have turned it around. I have never been to Silvan FC and I am heading their to watch the game this week so I can see them first hand.

I believe he played at Noosa, went to Knox then onto Sorrento and the back to Knox and then back to Noosa (He likes the East Coast). He has moved back down South, so I definitely see a Knox connection and gets to play with his mates. Adds another dimension to their forward line as he is a multiple goal kicker and averaged 4 a game at Noosa. I heard Miller is back on track and will be in available around the same time as Middleton as well. Hate to be a selector that's for sure. I see they lost one of their midfielders with a broken ankle last week. After years of being smashed every game they have turned it around. I have never been to Silvan FC and I am heading their to watch the game this week so I can see them first hand.

They are certainly looking the goods. I wonder if they’ll play both rucks. Miller still the number one for me - suits division 4 footy.

They will have Stafford, Middleton and Miller, it's not a bad position to be in. I agree on Miller, Stafford has been holding his own whilst they are out though.

I liked the way Handreck was playing. I would think that if Middleton comes in Stafford will go down back and Handrek will end up forward.

Last edited:
Nunawading might win a game this year

Good to see Josh Hartill in the 1's at Nunawading this week,looked to good a player to being playing 2's last week.If as good at football as he is at cricket at Heatherdale and Ringwood premier will be a handy player for them.

Last edited:

Enjoy the red red dirt

Hey Cliff, Ben Miller has been named this week? Great recovery as he was still hobbling around a few weeks ago.
And Handreck's back as well. Sorry but I have some other commitments this weekend and won't be going to Silvan. Let me know how the ruck set up works this week.

And Handreck's back as well. Sorry but I have some other commitments this weekend and won't be going to Silvan. Let me know how the ruck set up works this week.
A great day for Football (weather). I got there early and watched the Ram Reserves get beaten all day and somehow and I am still wondering how, come away with the four points. Now not knowing many of the players I struggled to work out who was who and the Footy record was my bible. The Rams dominated early and Silvan came back in the second and at half time there was nothing in this game. I then witnessed what I have not seen for a long time. A very physical, skillful dominant performance by East Burwood. They broke Silvan in about 10 minutes of solid football in the 3rd Quarter and it was game over. Ben Miller was OK, Stafford dominated. I was impressed with two Brothers (McGown). Gileno kicked 5 or 6. If I am back in Melbourne next weekend I will head over to watch Whitehorse take on the Rams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same fella that broke Robbie Ross's jaw when playing for Healesville in 2016 I'm guessing ?

Was simply answering Cliff on the origins of the coward punch tag

I saw Robbie's jaw spread all over his face in the local paper and herald sun at the time

Article is here if you want to read it .....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...k/news-story/dc951fdf936c6c1a9b732c2c468bb408

Miller copped a return hit (knocked him out and was taken from ground) from another Wandin player few minutes after the incident

Not sure if thats what you mean by takes two to tango

Last edited:
Was simply answering Cliff on the origins of the coward punch tag

I saw Robbie's jaw spread all over his face in the local paper and herald sun at the time

Article is here if you want to read it .....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...k/news-story/dc951fdf936c6c1a9b732c2c468bb408

Miller copped a return hit from another Wandin player few minutes after the incident

Not sure if thats what you mean by takes two to tango

Pretty sure there is more to it than what you’re suggesting. I’ll leave it at that.

Same fella that broke Robbie Ross's jaw when playing for Healesville in 2016 I'm guessing ?
I never knew that was the same person that hit Ross. That photo looks like a sledgehammer hit Ross. As it was 2016 what was the result of the Court Case?

Good effort by Nunawading being in front at quarter time and in the game for 3 quarters.Kilsyth beating Forest Hill perhaps a surprise and East Burwood's 1st defeat might do more good then harm.A pretty even top 4 or 5 at the moment.

Would be interesting to see who people would have as D4 premiership favourite at the moment.

Last edited:
Cliff, I watched Whitehorse for the first time yesterday and I am surprised they have dropped games. Clearly the team to beat in my view. They came to play and pretty much controlled the game for four quarters. Ex Ram Anthony Mariani was a standout. Gileno was blocked, tackled and good old fashioned scragged all day (miss that at AFL these days), he finished with 2 goals. Rams are happy to see the by round judging by injuries. Shaping up as a tight second half of the season with the top 4. I was told Whitehorse are the team to beat this year and when I saw their losses I thought really? They are the team to beat. Great crowd.

Cliff, I watched Whitehorse for the first time yesterday and I am surprised they have dropped games. Clearly the team to beat in my view. They came to play and pretty much controlled the game for four quarters. Ex Ram Anthony Mariani was a standout. Gileno was blocked, tackled and good old fashioned scragged all day (miss that at AFL these days), he finished with 2 goals. Rams are happy to see the by round judging by injuries. Shaping up as a tight second half of the season with the top 4. I was told Whitehorse are the team to beat this year and when I saw their losses I thought really? They are the team to beat. Great crowd.
Yes, I watched the game as well. They outplayed us from the first bounce. Their young rucks had plenty of leap and we clearly lost that contest. It will be interesting to see how injuries play out as I was told that it had some effect on their 2 losses. Little Maz played well but got sucked in in front of the club rooms. We certainly need Middleton back to give some height and leap in the ruck. Miller is hard pressed to jump at all, don't know if he is still carrying an injury or not. Will be very interesting to see the next time we meet in the last game of the season, immediately before the finals

A couple of interesting games today, 2 v 3. GW Hawks and Whitehorse Pioneers
And the other one is Nunawading v Silvan, at home for Nuna. Might be their big chance to win one. I hope they do!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back