Multiplat Battlefield V

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Pretty sad that we can probably already guess the DLC. Reckon it will be '44 onward, hence the V, so Pacific and Africa will be DLC as to not conflict with the timeline, then either whatever isn't included in the base game between Mediterranean (Crete/Italy) and Eastern Front. Can't see a BF game missing the opportunity to recreate Kursk. Pacific will exist to re-create Wake Island map. Africa for Operation Crusader and Aussies to get a mention again.

Yeah it'll be like

$79.95 Standard Edition + Pre-Order bonus skins
$109.95 Ultimate Edition with the first two big expansions + Pre-Order bonus skins
$129.95 Ultimate Edition (above) + Season Pass + Pre-order bonus
$199.95 Collectors Edition with all the above plus a statue of a a D-Day bunker on the beach with troops fighting, Art book and big useless box.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Can I get a really quick rundown of each of the battlefield games? And which one was the best and worst etc. I've only played through the campaign of BF4 and I did not really enjoy it that much, primarily because of the game's narrative and the constant cutscenes that the player has to endure (no way to skip them). I just loath the whole "cinematic experience" they were going for and trying to make the player feel like they're part of an interactive movie. Have all BF games been like this or was it just #4? I can't decide whether to invest any more time and money into this franchise, or give up on it and focus on titanfall/CoD.

Can I get a really quick rundown of each of the battlefield games? And which one was the best and worst etc. I've only played through the campaign of BF4 and I did not really enjoy it that much, primarily because of the game's narrative and the constant cutscenes that the player has to endure (no way to skip them). I just loath the whole "cinematic experience" they were going for and trying to make the player feel like they're part of an interactive movie. Have all BF games been like this or was it just #4? I can't decide whether to invest any more time and money into this franchise, or give up on it and focus on titanfall/CoD.
Enjoy CoD.

Seeya.

It'll be interesting to see how they tackle the DLC in this one. They seem to have realised people aren't particularly happy with the Premium pricing structure (albeit too late to do anything about it in BF1).

I'm excited about this.

Sadly BF has been slowly regressing ever since...
BF1 was definitely a step in right direction, but I don't think we'll ever get something that tops BC2. BC2 was fairly simplistic in comparison to the ones that followed, everything it did, it did perfectly (or near to). These days it's all about content, content, content. BF1 tried to cut back and focus on quality but people still complained.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Also a theory going around that its V for Victory (WW2) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#Second_World_War:_V_for_Victory_campaign

800px-V..._-_Wearing_different_uniforms_but_we_all_have_the_same_big_job._Let%27s_go_everybody_-_Keep_%60em_firing._-_NARA_-_534899.jpg

What is the guy on the far left? I guess the others represent soldier, sailor, airman and marine.

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne

BF is all about the MP - campaigns are usually there to just give you a taste of the vehicles / classes / weapons etc

For mine, there's nothing like a full conquest server on their big open maps - best MP experience in my opinion

What was single player/campaign like on Battlefield 1 ? I hope they include and have a decent campaign mode. Considering COD is scrapping it, would be good if one of them has one

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
What was single player/campaign like on Battlefield 1 ? I hope they include and have a decent campaign mode. Considering COD is scrapping it, would be good if one of them has one

Effectively training missions to use each class / vehicle

There was 6 mini campaigns, each with their own "story" but certainly nothing memorable

Effectively training missions to use each class / vehicle

There was 6 mini campaigns, each with their own "story" but certainly nothing memorable

Yuck. Glad i never bothered with it. I upgrade to NBN this month so maybe online games will be more appealing for me but i only really go for games with a decent story. Will see how this one goes!

(i know it's the wrong thread, but did COD WW2 have a decent story/campaign? or was that similar?)

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yuck. Glad i never bothered with it. I upgrade to NBN this month so maybe online games will be more appealing for me but i only really go for games with a decent story. Will see how this one goes!

(i know it's the wrong thread, but did COD WW2 have a decent story/campaign? or was that similar?)

I've played a few missions on the CODWW2 campaign - was more story driven for sure but did nothing for me, much like the MP

BF MP on the other hand is so engrossing, I pretty much divide my time between BF4 and BF1 MP (neither of them very well might i add :D )

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Yeah the original BF1942's SP campaign was just a MP map against bots.

Never has and never will be a strong suit of the Battlefield games (the one exception being Bad Company).

64 player conquest is where the real game is. Rush is also decent but needs to be larger than the 8 v 8 crap.

I think Viney is underselling the campaign a little bit. They're short stories yes, but focus on a single person's plight during the war. The Harlem Hellfighters one was brutal, the Aussie one was pretty good (Gallipoli), as were the British and Italian ones. The American one was a bit average as the guy is a bit of a dickhead. Lawrence of Arabia one was forgettable though. Story wise they were good, just a bit half assed in execution.

They're certainly no BC campaign, but significantly better than BF3 and 4. I'd like to see more of them in V, hopefully a bit more fleshed out.

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
They're certainly no BC campaign, but significantly better than BF3 and 4. I'd like to see more of them in V, hopefully a bit more fleshed out.

They've already stated that War Stories will be coming back so I daresay we'll have that instead of a single story campaign

Back