Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.2 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird

Remove this Banner Ad

hqdefault.jpg

This is one of the great premature ejaculations.

We didn't trade Francis and then Ameet left

You clearly haven't gone home with me on a Saturday night

very good.

Oh, I also left out the part where we got pick 5 off Ameet's new club as well.

5.jpg

I wonder if we put the feelers out for a return via free agency at the end of his deal with the Saints (which from memory is up in 2019).

I wonder if we put the feelers out for a return via free agency at the end of his deal with the Saints (which from memory is up in 2019).

He would fill a hole for us in defence, funnily enough after we played him everywhere but defence for his last couple of years here.

I wonder how he's feeling about his move now. I don't blame him at all for leaving, they guy is potentially one of the top CHBs in the league and we weren't giving him the chance to play there.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, but I think free agency is only open to players who have been at the one club for the whole eligibility period.

He would fill a hole for us in defence, funnily enough after we played him everywhere but defence for his last couple of years here.

I wonder how he's feeling about his move now. I don't blame him at all for leaving, they guy is potentially one of the top CHBs in the league and we weren't giving him the chance to play there.

Though correct me if I'm wrong, but I think free agency is only open to players who have been at the one club for the whole eligibility period.
Pretty sure it's one of the possibilities for change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a ready made replacement for when Hooker retires.
Can’t see him coming back here though (more likely to end up at Hawks when Frawley retires in a couple of years)

Ran around aimlessly with a stick up his arse not really manning anyone, and on top of that is replying to nuffies on instagram with 'youse won't make finals anyway'.

Why anyone would want to invite that back into the club is completely beyond me.

Because he is a damned good footballer. His stick up arsedness has way more to do with St Kilda’s general aimlessness than Carlisle’s ability.

“Youse”, though? That DOES make me reconsider.

Tony Shaw can * right off, by the way. Apparently he absolutely gave it to Carlisle after the final siren on Friday because Jake committed the heinous sin of having a friendly chat with a few of our players.

You terrible person, Jake. How dare you talk to former team mates?!1111

I'm one that has very few issues with Jake.

Yeah the this club is f#&*@! I get it.
But he didn't screw the club over in the trade, he didn't force Essendon deal with one and only one club and forced the Saints to offer a fair trade. Plenty of players haven't been that accommodating.
I don't think Carlise was the trade messiah in that deal. The "clarko phonecall" didn't give anything more than some hope that we could trade him to Hawthorn if the Saints refused to play ball, what really made the difference was involving the Swans to get their first round pick. Credit should go to Dodoro, not Jake.

I don't think Carlise was the trade messiah in that deal. The "clarko phonecall" didn't give anything more than some hope that we could trade him to Hawthorn if the Saints refused to play ball, what really made the difference was involving the Swans to get their first round pick. Credit should go to Dodoro, not Jake.
True. But Jake could have said no to the whole thing, he made it a serious threat. Dodoro brokered and engineered the thing I agree. Hawks were interested.

If Jake said no the deal was dead before it even began.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back