Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bored and having a look at recent results.

How I Try didn't get much love I don't know. Absolute classic.

Anyway after seeing multiple posters say they would have participated if they had longer to nominate I think perhaps noms should be open longer. I'll probably get called a whinger but look at the benefits. The quality is going to s**t as you exclude every single song that has been a previous podium over 100s of rounds. People need time to research and have a listen to the personal collections to find some hidden gems to nominate. I think the quality could improve a bit and the whoring would be less. It's easy to pick something popular and memorable in a time crunch.

Random thoughts in the middle of the night lol

For the theme.

But nah I would have nommed this.

The time frame is ok, I think it depends on the theme. Last round was female solo artists where the list of choices was almost endless. This theme was a lot more restrictive. With no podiums or noms from the first one (although one slid through), it made looking through noms tough. Unless it's a really open theme like colours, girls names or numbers then I'd prefer redux themes to be avoided.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Thought about nomming this song.

August and Everything After was a great 90s album, like Live with Throwing Copper, the Counting Crows faded away after that.

No, Live's best album was Secret Samadhi but yes Counting Crows faded away.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
No, Live's best album was Secret Samadhi but yes Counting Crows faded away.

Secret Samadhi was when Live became a radio friendly Jesus Juice band.

Throwing Copper was back when they were a badarse Southern Rock band.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Secret Samadhi was when Live became a radio friendly Jesus Juice band.

Throwing Copper was back when they were a badarse Southern Rock band.

Lol no, Throwing Copper was essentially their most radio friendly album ever. Secret Samadhi was the break between that and The Distance To Here which was a MMM wet dream. If you wanted to be a smug pre-sellout Live fan just start posting tracks off Mental Jewelry :D

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Lol no, Throwing Copper was essentially their most radio friendly album ever. Secret Samadhi was the break between that and The Distance To Here which was a MMM wet dream. If you wanted to be a smug pre-sellout Live fan just start posting tracks off Mental Jewelry :D

Throwing Copper only got radio friendly with Lightning Crashes which was my least favourite song on the album, Waitress and I Alone got traction on Triple J.

I was spruiking Throwing Copper before it became mainstream and one of the must have 90s CDs along with Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins etc.

Don't you dare out 90s me I was there too with saved by the bells on.

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Live can EABBOD

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
psk321.jpg

#Update

1 song left out of the GPS
7 songs into double lane roads. The Leader is a few streets ahead but it can be seen in the dash-cam.

#stilltovote
MEB_
raskolnikov
The Filth Wizard

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Thought about nomming this song.

August and Everything After was a great 90s album, like Live with Throwing Copper, the Counting Crows faded away after that.

This is where I re-tell the story about kissing Courntney Cox right??

I went to see the CC's because it was going to get me a root, * they s**t me. Adam Duritz or however you spell it, whiny little s**t.
Live had their moments.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I normally have pretty similar taste to Plugger, but we take different roads when it comes to CC's.

It was a painful few hours....but I did get to kiss Courtney Cox, and I did root the little yankee chick.

But my own private hell was the slowed down, 12 minute super sappy utter rubbish version of MrJones they played. I nearly didn't make it...dark thoughts, daaark thoughts.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back