2nds Swans Reserves 2018

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
i really hope ling improves but at the time there were a lot picked after him i had ahead of him in last years draft. tim kelly, zac bailey, jack higgins, charlie spargo, oscar allen.

i really hope ling improves but at the time there were a lot picked after him i had ahead of him in last years draft. tim kelly, zac bailey, jack higgins, charlie spargo, oscar allen.

Some players take more time than others. Sometimes all a kid needs is a year at reserves level just to find the confidence to belong in the AFL and work on the parts of their game they probably didn’t have to work on at junior level.

Sydney
Goal Kickers:J. Rose 2, B. Stewart 2, J. Amartey 2, N. Newman 2, C. O''Riordan, D. Cameron
Best Players:D. Robinson, N. Newman, C. O''Riordan, D. Cameron, R. Fox, D. Towers

Debutant
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
The academy players are impressive today did not look out of place , also more see of Mabium more l like to me prefer see him in before AA .
Cameron is playing very well too , shows a lot of promise .

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
This game was really important because it did two things. Firstly, it highlighted just how seriously good our depth is and secondly it showed just how good the Academy boys are. This year's draft is a bumper draft. The best ever according to the people who are in the know. This Academy crop is the best ever too. The Academy is incredibly strong at the moment. The U18 & U16 are both top or second, Tassie were top in the U18. I think with so many injuries to beat this very strong Lions side is sensational. They had at least 15 players who have played at AFl level. We had 6. So the win was even more impressive.

In the next few weeks we get back 7 players who will fill out our depth the the enth degree. If we stay healthy going into the bye we will come out the other side really strong.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Some players take more time than others. Sometimes all a kid needs is a year at reserves level just to find the confidence to belong in the AFL and work on the parts of their game they probably didn’t have to work on at junior level.

It really doesn't help that he had an interrupted pre-season and early season. He'll be ok once he gets the tempo and the strategies in place. Did a couple of nice things but needs to get involved in the play a bit more. They are playing him deep forward which is a bit of a waste really

Newman 29 disposals 5 marks 7 tackles 5 inside 50s 7 rebound 50s 2 goals
Robinson 36 disposals 6 marks 2 tackles 9 clearances 6 inside 50s
Fox 33 disposals 2 marks 8 tackles 6 clearances 4 inside 50s 4 rebound 50s
O'Riordan 26 disposals 10 marks 2 tackles 9 rebound 50s 1 goal
Stewart 20 disposals 3 marks 5 tackles 3 clearances 3 inside 50s 2 goals
Cameron 13 disposals 7 marks 5 tackles 3 clearances 3 inside 50s 31 hitouts 1 goal
Towers 22 disposals 6 tackles 5 clearances 5 inside 50s 1 goal
Rose 21 dispsoals 3 marks 3 inside 50s 1 goal
Aliir 18 disposals 5 marks 3 tackles
Styles 13 disposals 9 tackles 3 clearances
Flanagan 19 disposals 6 tackles
Amartey 9 disposals 3 marks 3 tackles 5 hitouts 2 goals
Wicks 11 disposals 5 tackles 5 inside 50s
Maibaum 12 disposals
Tipungwuti 8 disposals 3 marks 3 inside 50s
Rogers 14 disposals 3 marks
Kilpatrick 11 disposals 3 inside 50s
Shumack 7 disposals 3 tackles
Watling 9 disposals
Ling 7 disposals
Smith 6 dipsosals
Adams 4 disposals
Parks 4 disposals

DSCN9684.JPG

I thought Rose was very good he really showed a good footy brain. Was a cracking game live.

If what was being said on the side line is a good gauge then there is certainly some frustration with Aliir and doing what is being asked of him.
I think the factors limiting Rose from a senior spot are on his defensive game rather than his offensive game which was pretty good yesterday.

Could you elaborate on the Aliir comments? In one of the SCG NEAFL games, the bench were continually shouting at him at where to position himself and to attack the marking contest harder.

I think the factors limiting Rose from a senior spot are on his defensive game rather than his offensive game which was pretty good yesterday.

Could you elaborate on the Aliir comments? In one of the SCG NEAFL games, the bench were continually shouting at him at where to position himself and to attack the marking contest harder.

I don't really want to be that jerk hanging over the fence repeating gossip but oh well - "If Aliir isn't going to ******* listen to instructions and do what I'm asking him to do he can come off"

There was more around that type of thing that he was zoning off and not picking up Archie Smith and going where they were asking him to go. Aliir was exasperated with the runner and trying to state his case for why he was positioning himself where he was.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I don't really want to be that jerk hanging over the fence repeating gossip but oh well - "If Aliir isn't going to ******* listen to instructions and do what I'm asking him to do he can come off"

There was more around that type of thing that he was zoning off and not picking up Archie Smith and going where they were asking him to go. Aliir was exasperated with the runner and trying to state his case for why he was positioning himself where he was.

Now that is juicy.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
It really doesn't help that he had an interrupted pre-season and early season. He'll be ok once he gets the tempo and the strategies in place. Did a couple of nice things but needs to get involved in the play a bit more. They are playing him deep forward which is a bit of a waste really
Always appreciate your insights into the reserves players. I don't get the chance to watch the games myself. Very odd if they're playing Ling in fwd pocket unless he's there to learn rebounding running patterns, I'm hoping they didn't think Ling would make a better fwd than Higgins...

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
I thought Rose was very good he really showed a good footy brain. Was a cracking game live.

If what was being said on the side line is a good gauge then there is certainly some frustration with Aliir and doing what is being asked of him.
Allie looks lost to me.
I was a fan of his before he made the team in 2016, but I am no longer on that train. I am more excited about McCartin, Amertey, Cameron, Maibaum .... and Blakey.

Allie looks lost to me.
I was a fan of his before he made the team in 2016, but I am no longer on that train. I am more excited about McCartin, Amertey, Cameron, Maibaum .... and Blakey.

There are glimpses of what he can do but a lot of hard work ahead to become a senior player again. I'm not sure he can get past his own disappointment of being in the 2's.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Allie looks lost to me.
Here lies the problem.
Team lists are fast moving & if a player has some trade value then we will be aggressive in moving them on to get cap relief, points etc in order to allow us to get something we want for a position we need to strengthen & we back our ability to teach a player their roles in our system.

Aliir has gone backwards so in our system he becomes a liability if he doesn't improve so he needs to quickly if he wants to command the money he & his manager are demanding for their next contract. Hence we may be prepared to move him on if he hasn't been approached already by another club.
He'll be one of those players that will be better for someone else like Tom Mitchell.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
There are glimpses of what he can do but a lot of hard work ahead to become a senior player again. I'm not sure he can get past his own disappointment of being in the 2's.
Watching the game on Youtube he seemed constantly out of position and at times leaving the pressure to someone else to do.
Your comment here and what u said before makes sense now

Back