Strategy Changes vs Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone but Frost seriously. Been watching games from earlier in the season and he was a big reason our backline was so poor early on in the year. Constantly running to the wrong spots and leaving his man at the wrong time.

In: Hunt and a tall that's not Frost.
Out: Lever and Smith if he's injured

Also crazy to move TMac out of the forward line he has to be down there at least some of the time. He and Jessie are the most lethal combo in the league right now.

This one's for you, Frosty...

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reckon we'll have to play horses for courses for the rest of the year - against teams with only one big key forward, I can see Joel Smith being selected but we'll need Frost for teams like West Coast, North Melbourne etc.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Reckon we'll have to play horses for courses for the rest of the year - against teams with only one big key forward, I can see Joel Smith being selected but we'll need Frost for teams like West Coast, North Melbourne etc.

Also a chance for Hunt to come back in against smaller forward lines

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I could see Frost coming in as he could more likely play on the taller players than Smith. Haven’t watched any VFL this year so not sure on Smith’s role there. I think Petty could be a good player but probably needs more time.

Apr 10, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
You people calling for Hannan and Nibbler to be replaced have no clue what you're talking about. They're not playing in the midfield, and they're not supposed to be racking up midfield numbers (though Nibbler is going close anyway). They're half forwards. It's the worst position on the field to be asked to play. You have to run harder there than in any other position (which means you're more fatigued when you get the ball, which increases the chance that you'll have a clanger of some sort, hence their disposals aren't quite as crisp as some of the pure mids).

Replacing ANB with Tyson is the most laughably crap idea I've ever heard. Yeah, let's remove our best two-way runner and forward 50 tackler and replace him with a slow, one sided midfielder. That'll work. :drunk:

You people calling for Hannan and Nibbler to be replaced have no clue what you're talking about. They're not playing in the midfield, and they're not supposed to be racking up midfield numbers (though Nibbler is going close anyway). They're half forwards. It's the worst position on the field to be asked to play. You have to run harder there than in any other position (which means you're more fatigued when you get the ball, which increases the chance that you'll have a clanger of some sort, hence their disposals aren't quite as crisp as some of the pure mids).

Replacing ANB with Tyson is the most laughably crap idea I've ever heard. Yeah, let's remove our best two-way runner and forward 50 tackler and replace him with a slow, one sided midfielder. That'll work. :drunk:
I was very touch-and-go on Hannan after Carlton - I felt that he was trying all the Hollywood moves and getting carried by everyone around him. He picked up a bit against Adelaide although was still probably worst on, but today it just clicked for him and he was awesome.

I know why they persist, but he can go very missing.

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Joel Smith or Petty in for Lever. T. Smith looked a bit shitty with his ankle so would wonder if he gets up.

Actually you know who might get a crack if he performs tomorrow? Keilty. Same height and size on the dot, knows that roaming key back role very well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm a bit torn. I think Frost would replace Omac but for Lever I wouldn't mind us grooming a younger bloke. Frost is a known quantity, would mind seeing if Joel Smith or Petty can make the step up.

Out: Lever (injured)
In: Petty

I have a really good feeling about this kid. I think this would be a good opportunity to get some games into him while we have a nice structure set up, and on VFL form he's justified to be in the mix for selection.

Plz don't let it be Wagner.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Collingwood have a mid sized forward line. When Cox is in the ruck Mihocek is the next tallest at 192cm. The rest is made up of Wells de goey Hoskin-Elliot Thomas etc all around 180-190.

Either Wagner or hunt plays for Lever. Atm they are the highest poessesion winners for Casey.

Actually you know who might get a crack if he performs tomorrow? Keilty. Same height and size on the dot, knows that roaming key back role very well.
Viney on the Sunday footy show said Frost, Keilty and Petty who's performing well at Casey are the guys likely to be in mix.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Collingwood have a mid sized forward line. When Cox is in the ruck Mihocek is the next tallest at 192cm. The rest is made up of Wells de goey Hoskin-Elliot Thomas etc all around 180-190.

Either Wagner or hunt plays for Lever. Atm they are the highest poessesion winners for Casey.
i'm not so sure. you probably need 2 talls to combat cox anyway. one to play on him and engage him to stop him jumping at it and the other to spoil over the top. 2 tall defenders is the right balance for the team. you don't want to be chopping and changing how many talls you play in defence every week to suit the oppo. you want to be keeping the back 6 solid as much as you can imo.

Only reason I called for ANB to come out is that I thought he was very fumbly with the ball, even though he got to the places he was meant to be.

Pedo has 4 at 3QT. Surely in line to replace Smith who had 7 touches and 2 marks, particularly if the injury that kept him off the ground for a while is no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back