Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
lol.

Don't even try and pretend that your situation is oh so much different because you were suspended elsewhere on the site and that's why you're outraged.

You whinged non-stop about how if people voted for me their votes would be wasted (who the **** cares about where the songs you vote for finish anyway) and how I needed to be removed because I wasn't able to vote anyway, yet when you go and get suspended it's an absolute travesty your nom has been removed from the round.

Maybe it's time to go and get yourself another day off before you embarrass yourself further, you seem to be pretty good at it.
I'm embarrassed for you that this is your level of comprehension of events.

You read the others' posts. For 2 years, we never had any issues with allowing suspended posters to submit their votes, but now we have to make stupid rules to cater for the lowest common denominator types like you.

Well done.

I'm embarrassed for you that this is your level of comprehension of events.

You read the others' posts. For 2 years, we never had any issues with allowing suspended posters to submit their votes, but now we have to make stupid rules to cater for the lowest common denominator types like you.

Well done.
Changing the topic again. Classic.

You are an absolute hypocrite who thinks about no one but themselves, whinges about my nom being allowed despite me being suspended and how it's unfair the votes will be wasted, yet has a tantrum when their own nom is removed for the same reason.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
Alright with half of the field having voted, time for another #hostupdate.

The song which had a lot of votes early has recieved barely any from recent bunch of posters and is now tied with another.

Top ten now looks like this:

Very even field atm
Billy leader currently on four
Two songs yet to recieve a vote.

Apr 12, 2016
In the basement, mixing up the medicine.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
First time I heard this song I thought it wouldn't be out of place on Dylan's 'Blonde On Blonde.' Sometime later I heard the singer explaining how he was housesitting Deb Conway's joint in Williamstown and listening to all her Dylan bootleg vinyls whilst reading the biography of war zone cameraman Neil Davis which shares its title with the song. Fantastic tune.

Apr 12, 2016
In the basement, mixing up the medicine.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
First post in the comments section says it all.

Jet once said that they just write the songs The Beatles and AC/DC forgot to. This is their version of 'Sexy Sadie'.

And Tears For Fears with a fab tribute to the Fab Four.

But as some wise person once said, "History is only told from the winners point of view." The Beatles were not the trendsetters that rock historians would have us believe they were. Their act was a rip off of these lads.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
MOD NOTICE

Alright, for clarification:

FROM NOW ON, should a poster be suspended or on a day off during a round, votes for their song will still be accepted. If their suspension is over by the end of the round, the votes count. If not the song is dq'd, just the same as if they miss the voting deadline.

If a poster is suspended or on a day off at the start of the round, they cannot submit a song or participate in that round.

If a poster is perma'd then they can * off and they're not welcome to play at all.

Make sense?

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
should a poster be suspended during a round, votes for their song will still be accepted. If their suspension is over by the end of the round, the votes count. If not the song is dq'd, just the same as if they miss the voting deadline
This tinkering of the rule makes sense... We wait for the deadline before issuing DQs.

It's just a pity it didn't stop my nom from being revealed. I'll probably now receive spite billies from every DH who wants to see me melt :rolleyes:

Cheers for the clarification :thumbsu:

This tinkering of the rule makes sense... We wait for the deadline before issuing DQs.

It's just a pity it didn't stop my nom from being revealed. I'll probably now receive spite billies from every DH who wants to see me melt :rolleyes:

Cheers for the clarification :thumbsu:
I knew it was yours from the start because you tried to nom it in my LOTE round. I would have billied you then and I billied you now ;) haha.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
#hostupdate

over 3/4 or 19/30 votes counted.

We have a new leader

top ten looks like this:

The billy leader is currently on 4 with one not far behind on 3...Another have two and a whole lot others are on 1.

One song has yet to recieve a single vote.

Because unfortunately one host let a perma banned poster play.
That doesn't change anything, it didn't force you into that decision at all lol and I'm seriously confused as to why you're acting like it did, you could still leave suspended posters up to the hosts.

The rule is in place and will not change.
The rule is whatever and I think it's dumb but ultimately don't care if it stays, but it's not like you were forced into it lol, stop using it as a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back