Podcast Listen now: Interview with Rohan Connolly

Tonight I had the absolute pleasure of speaking with Rohan Connolly about all things football. While Rohan has a lot on his plate with his work on SEN, Marngrook Footy Show and running his Footyology website (www.footyology.com.au) he still made the time to come on and have a chat with me for the BigFooty Podcast and I can't thank him enough.

No matter if you agree with his opinions on certain topics or not, the one thing that can never be questioned is his love and passion for the game, which is very evident in our chat.

Thankyou to everyone who submitted questions, I tried to work in as many of them as possible. Rohan gives very detailed answers so if you love footy, you should really enjoy this podcast.

Topics we covered:
-The MRO system
-Players touching umpires
-The state of the game (congestion)
-Goal review system
-The expansion clubs and if they should have used Tasmania first
-Was Richmond's 2017 flag a case of right plan, right, place right time, or something more?
-Do West Coast have the right set up this year to go all the way?
-Bolters and Sliders so far?
-AFLW and it's progression
-Essendon drug saga
-Grand Final time slot
-The advantage MCG tenant clubs have over interstate clubs
-Marvel Stadium
-The media in general

It was great to get Rohan's thoughts on all of these topics, as mentioned he was detailed with all of his answers and again I thank him for his time and effort.

I hope you all enjoy!

Listen on the link below:

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/14915589

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/bigfooty-com-afl-podcast/id662870487?mt=2
Make sure you subscribe to iTunes for even easier access to the podcast.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
giphy.gif

I like Rohan.

We had an infamous Hawthorn board moment where he saw us taking a potshot at him and he came on and defended his words. Came across really well and he is tough enough to deal with the public forum and back his words and ideas.

yeah he is very good with that kind of stuff, i think it is fantastic the way he interacts with the football public on forums and social media.

Good stuff.

Obviously has a position on many things. But that makes him more interesting.

At least he isn't one of the "Oh My God!! it's a scandal/huge story" over nothing much.

Good stuff.

Obviously has a position on many things. But that makes him more interesting.

At least he isn't one of the "Oh My God!! it's a scandal/huge story" over nothing much.

I really like the fact that he isn't about trying to be the first to break news, instead he waits for facts then forms his own opinion on it. much better way to go about it!

as a side note, if anyone follows Rohan on twitter (or myself) and you have seen the tweet (Rohan retweeted it) with the link to the episode, would love a few retweets to try and spread the podcast as far and wide as possible!

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
He didn't answer my question. **** him!

Kidding. He's one of the best Rohan; he understands the game, still relates to the common punter in the outer, doesn't push agendas, and doesn't have an over inflated ego like so many other knobs in the media.

Loved his point about footy in the early to mid 90's being the best years of the game, because of all the star forwards kicking heaps of goals; Ablett, Dunstall, Lockett, Modra, Sumich, Kernahan, Carey. It was like almost every team had a star forward kicking 60+ goals a year. Sadly, those days are long gone.

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I loved hearing the sound of him lighting a cigerette at approx 74-75 minute mark.

Sound of the lighter.... then a short clearing of his throat. I might be wrong.... but you can hear him exhaling a few mins later.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it says something about why i enjoy Roco's alternate point of view in an increasingly sanatised world.

May 1, 2002
AFL Club
Carlton
I went to school with Rohan, JGH and I can tell you one thing, he does love his football and he does hate Carlton!!!!
Yes, Rohan, I'm the kid that used to wear the Carlton jumper you hated so much!!!!!

Back