Game of Sloane (THE OFFICIAL HE IS STAYING thread) Thread now closed

Do you think Sloane will stay?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are only offering $450k/3 yrs then we can’t reasonably expect a first rounder on its own. By our own valuation of him, that is not a first rounder IMO. Since he is not an FA we can’t hope he gets a good offer and take compo either. So really, we need to see if we can bundle him or the pick we get for him to improve one of our early picks.

Does anyone know the clubs that are rumoured to be into Lynch?

If we are only offering $450k/3 yrs then we can’t reasonably expect a first rounder on its own. By our own valuation of him, that is not a first rounder IMO. Since he is not an FA we can’t hope he gets a good offer and take compo either. So really, we need to see if we can bundle him or the pick we get for him to improve one of our early picks.

Our offer doesn't matter one iota here seeing there are many circumstances that sees a club not want to try that hard to keep a player (ours is to open a spot up to the most talented player we've had since Dangerfield). All that matters is what other clubs are offering him. If they offer 600x4, then we can expect a first rounder seeing that's money you cough up a first for.

not the thread for it but burton was the instigator behind this, a program the lions wouldn’t let him introduce. Betts manager the leaker. Sauce treated horribly almost explains why he’s playing so uninterested. Once again just passing on info. Not really a rumor poster but I’m pretty trusting of my source (football media industry)
Do you know who are the contracted players looking to leave?

Not too sure about that mate. But Jameson is a board member so would have the knowledge. As to whether what he said is fact remains to be seem. This is how ever the 2nd piece of information I have been given that is leaning towards him staying. We can only hope and wait!

You can’t assume Jamo was telling the truth, he has every reason to lie and none to be honest

His comment sounded like * off you random who I don’t know from Adam

I've accepted we've probably missed our chance at a premiership due to some complete incompetence.

I'm now ready to cash in on both Sloane and Lynch.

What an opportunity this could present given the SA talent in the draft pool.

Let's make both of these count and go hard in the draft.

I'm all in.

Not Rankine though, too big a risk with all his issues.

I disagree, I think we’ve got an extremely strong group between 24-27, with some quality coming through the under 22 group.

I think this year is shot though and we need to focus on ensuring our best players are ready to go come start of preseason. This years a great year for the lesser lights to gain some valuable experience in roles they might not otherwise play.

Assuming the clubs not lying re his foot and it isn’t that bad, I think Sloane especially is a key signing. Sloane and Gibbs, still quite conceivable have 3-4 more seasons of high end footy in them. If we can get a midfield of Sloane, Gibbs, M. Crouch, B. Crouch and Greenwood fit and firing, with the outside run of Smith, Seedsman, Milera and Atkins, plus everything Laird brings to the backline, that’s a very strong midfield/half back line.

I think Lynch needs to be moved on, is too one dimensional and doesn’t offer enough in a genuine contested game. He hopefully gives us some extra value at the draft board and Fogarty needs a spot. Mediocre older guys like Mackay, Douglas and Gibson need to be moved on or relegated to “depth only” or essentially there to top up our SANFL side. I’d add Jenkins, but we don’t have anyone close to taking his spot.

I also think J McGovern would be a massive signing. Our defence is too one dimensional, too many shut down only types. I’d have him bump out either Kelly or Hartigan.

I think missing finals though would actually be a good thing, gives us a better draft pick and gives us 5 extra weeks of preseason on what we had last year. Might also make sure the right questions start getting asked about this year and what happened.

I said in the preseason that this year had the feel of 2010, too many players across the preseason injured or not in top shape. Too many important players playing injured or underdone or just not in the side. get the injuries right and we’re a totally different team.

I disagree, I think we’ve got an extremely strong group between 24-27, with some quality coming through the under 22 group.

I think this year is shot though and we need to focus on ensuring our best players are ready to go come start of preseason. This years a great year for the lesser lights to gain some valuable experience in roles they might not otherwise play.

Assuming the clubs not lying re his foot and it isn’t that bad, I think Sloane especially is a key signing. Sloane and Gibbs, still quite conceivable have 3-4 more seasons of high end footy in them. If we can get a midfield of Sloane, Gibbs, M. Crouch, B. Crouch and Greenwood fit and firing, with the outside run of Smith, Seedsman, Milera and Atkins, plus everything Laird brings to the backline, that’s a very strong midfield/half back line.

I think Lynch needs to be moved on, is too one dimensional and doesn’t offer enough in a genuine contested game. He hopefully gives us some extra value at the draft board and Fogarty needs a spot. Mediocre older guys like Mackay, Douglas and Gibson need to be moved on or relegated to “depth only” or essentially there to top up our SANFL side. I’d add Jenkins, but we don’t have anyone close to taking his spot.

I also think J McGovern would be a massive signing. Our defence is too one dimensional, too many shut down only types. I’d have him bump out either Kelly or Hartigan.

I think missing finals though would actually be a good thing, gives us a better draft pick and gives us 5 extra weeks of preseason on what we had last year. Might also make sure the right questions start getting asked about this year and what happened.

I said in the preseason that this year had the feel of 2010, too many players across the preseason injured or not in top shape. Too many important players playing injured or underdone or just not in the side. get the injuries right and we’re a totally different team.

Assuming injuries don't play a role (I know, it's a dangerous thought with Matt "Ping goes the Hamstring" Hass in charge of our fitness), how much of the bolded is fixed by Smith getting fit and Milera taking a HBF/loose defender role? I'm totally for getting JGov but I do wonder if that's just the case of losing one of our prime movers.

Beyond that I agree with this, and especially seeing we have a lot of draft collateral coming through this season (+ Fogarty who is going to be a certified jet) we could feasibly be in a very strong position when that 24-27 group winds up.

Our offer doesn't matter one iota here seeing there are many circumstances that sees a club not want to try that hard to keep a player (ours is to open a spot up to the most talented player we've had since Dangerfield). All that matters is what other clubs are offering him. If they offer 600x4, then we can expect a first rounder seeing that's money you cough up a first for.

I can see your point. But there would need to be competition for him. Otherwise I don’t see how we can get a first rounder for him.

I can see your point. But there would need to be competition for him. Otherwise I don’t see how we can get a first rounder for him.

I'd assume there would be a fair bit of that. After all, he has been close to an AA spot (Squad of 40) in the last couple of seasons.

I'd assume there would be a fair bit of that. After all, he has been close to an AA spot (Squad of 40) in the last couple of seasons.

If he was a few years younger and that was the description then sure. But he only has a few good years left. Don’t get me wrong, I want to get as much as we can for him. Hopefully we can turn him into Hately or Rozee. That is what I am hoping for.

If he was a few years younger and that was the description then sure. But he only has a few good years left. Don’t get me wrong, I want to get as much as we can for him. Hopefully we can turn him into Hately or Rozee. That is what I am hoping for.

He's 28 next season, which means a team is buying a player in his theoretical peak for the next 3 seasons (assuming Lynch follows the usual route and begins to decline at 32). Whilst not at maximum value (seeing before peak is ideal), he's still going to be at a point that he retains the majority of his value.

A first round pick is par here.

He's 28 next season, which means a team is buying a player in his theoretical peak for the next 3 seasons (assuming Lynch follows the usual route and begins to decline at 32). Whilst not at maximum value (seeing before peak is ideal), he's still going to be at a point that he retains the majority of his value.

A first round pick is par here.

Exciting if true. Hope we can get it done.

We don't charge what he's worth to us. We charge what he is worth to the club that wants him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/06/could-sloane's-injury-hinder-his-contract-chances/

Said if the Saints offer him 5 years he has to take the deal.

As for the "grave concerns" about him earning another contract at Adelaide, the guy is off his rocker.
I like the bit where McClure call Tom Lynch 25 and Rory Sloane 29 next season.

Sloane turns 29 on 17 March, while Lynch turns 26 on 30 October. So Lynch is only 2 1/2 years older than Sloane, rather than the 4 years difference McClure is trying to make it out to be.

The bit about "grave concerns" about Sloane even getting offered a contract at the Crows is just plain stupid, but it's McClure, so that does not surprise me.

You would also imagine teams will watch him carefully if/when he comes back after the bye.

If he breaks down again, and he has indeed signed a deal elsewhere, you'll see some backpedaling.

Was Swanny of similar age when he did his ??
Swan had just turned 32 when he hurt his foot. Rory turned 28 in March this year, so almost 4 years difference.

Sloane turns 29 on 17 March, while Lynch turns 26 on 30 October. So Lynch is only 2 1/2 years older than Sloane, rather than the 4 years difference McClure is trying to make it out to be.

The bit about "grave concerns" about Sloane even getting offered a contract at the Crows is just plain stupid, but it's McClure, so that does not surprise me.
Wrong lynch? Only just returned from injury, hottest player on the market.

3x450 is pretty s**t offer to Lynch though.
Would have thought he would be closer to $550k... but then the question is do we move him on to find room for Fog & also go all in on JGov as a free agent.

Didn't he also label Tom Lynch a Free Agent?

When you get basic facts like this wrong the informed reader knows the rest is garbage too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Would have thought he would be closer to $550k... but then the question is do we move him on to find room for Fog & also go all in on JGov as a free agent.
It might be that the club could look to bundle lynch with our highest pick to a club to get into the top 5 of the draft to get one of the top SA kids. I wonder if a package of lynch + our 1st round pick + carltons 2nd round pick could be enough to secure pick 1 from carlton. We could then pick lukosius and still have another 1st round pick that maybe we could then upgrade by further trading. I know we are giving up a fair bit but if at the end of draft night we ended up with lukosius, rozee or another speedy mid with our other 1st round pick, a tom lewis (late 30's pick), another later pick quick mid or a hugo munn or riley grundy type and a rookie pick from our academy in lochowiak. I would be very very happy with that outcome even though it meant giving up multiple high picks to achieve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back