Song Contest Part XII, Host: roo2macca, Theme: Precious Gems/Metals Noms Due: Monday 8:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we could nominate our own genre to fit our song rather than nominate a song to fit the genres Chappy listed?

Probably should have done this I just thought people might need some guidance and thought we'd get a playlist that was 30 sub-genres of rock or metal.

This gig is amazeballs.

Don't mention the war. I did once but I think I got away with it.

Probably should have done this I just thought people might need some guidance and thought we'd get a playlist that was 30 sub-genres of rock or metal.

All good. As is normally the case I was sound asleep when results and theme came out anyway so not like I wanted to be first in with a whore. Picked a genre from the list I knew would be available and I'll be happy with my 5 votes, 5 Billies, 5 from the bottom placing.

I imagine it would have been a difficult round to put together, kudos.
#besthostever

#ThemeIdeas

ThreeForAll - A free for all round where you PM the host with 3 songs, any songs (podiums excepted) and the Host chooses one of your 3 songs

HandsorFeet - songs containg Hands or Feet/foot in the Title

5MinutesorMore - songs 5 minutes or longer

That last theme could make for a very long playlist unless you put a time limit cap on it, otherwise you will get people nomming 20 or 30 minute songs.

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#ThemeIdeas

ThreeForAll - A free for all round where you PM the host with 3 songs, any songs (podiums excepted) and the Host chooses one of your 3 songs

More theme ideas because I can't see myself winning any time soon ;)

* Alchemy... Songs with gold / silver / bronze or other metals in the song title (and maybe lyrics)

* Female Pronouns... Songs with her, she, woman, lady, girl or female names in the title

* Middle East... Songs with a Middle Eastern flavour/artists from the region/songs in Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Turkish, Kurdish encouraged etc

#ThemeIdeas

The first would be a pain in the arse for the host.

Probably would just listen to 30 seconds of songs if they don't know them and then decide.

That last theme could make for a very long playlist unless you put a time limit cap on it, otherwise you will get people nomming 20 or 30 minute songs.

tenor.gif
Yep but most listen to 30 seconds then vote anyway ;)

Oooh here's another one which unfortunately could make for a really long playlist....

* Samples.... You nominate two songs, the original song, and then the second one which samples from the first one. (Not a cover, but a sample, like music or the melody etc).
An example could be
Original song: Enya - "Boadicea"
Samples original song: Mario Winans - "I Don't Wanna Know"

*Shrug*

When I go back to back my themes will be on of the following.

Melancholy - Songs you like hearing when you're sad.

Natural noises - songs that have samples of natural sounds. waves crashing, birds chirping etc.

Natural noises - songs that have samples of natural sounds. waves crashing, birds chirping etc.
I love both these ideas a lot!!! :)

Train horns

Asian Artists - nom a song by an artist (or a band with a member) who is either Asian or has Asian descent. It won't be just SEA or East Asia either, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Central Asia would be eligible. Someone with Lebanese background would be eligible for instance.

Celts - Nom an artist/band from a Celtic country (Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Rep. of Ireland). You can also nom someone from Brittany, Cornwall, Isle of Man, Galicia and Asturias.

Band vs Solo - A 2-song theme. Nom a song from a band and a song from a member who went solo.

Colours of the Rainbow - self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back