Past Heath Grundy - Farewell Reg, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to agree with Duds in that he doesn't look a likely forward but I have to disagree about him not becoming a decent defender (and I suspect Roos and co see his future down back). I think his current deficiencies as a defender (poor spoiling, poor decision making etc) are all things that can be improved in time. He won't be a star but it's too early to write him off.
I was wrong about that last bit

My mea culpa is that about 6 weeks ago I was predicting he might not be in the side by the time finals roll around because of his size and lack of pace becoming more of a weakness. How wrong I was. He's been truly back to his best the last 6 weeks.

One of my favourite Swans I've seen live at this point. He's in rare air when it comes to Swans defenders. Become one of the very best of the last few decades. In there with Andrew Dunkley, Craig Bolton, Nick Smith, Ted Richards as the best pure Swans defenders of the last 20 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Risking it going early, but will be his 250th on Friday.
I can still remember watching him kicking bags of goals for fun as a forward in the now defunct AFL Canberra League against powerhouses Tuggeranong Hawks, Weston Creek Lions and Wagga Tigers.
Kicking 3 on debut against the Tigers before becoming the reliable backman for the past 10 years.

Risking it going early, but will be his 250th on Friday.
I can still remember watching him kicking bags of goals for fun as a forward in the now defunct AFL Canberra League against powerhouses Tuggeranong Hawks, Weston Creek Lions and Wagga Tigers.
Kicking 3 on debut against the Tigers before becoming the reliable backman for the past 10 years.

‘If he trips on a fence or falls playing gridiron this week you are in trouble

‘If he trips on a fence or falls playing gridiron this week you are in trouble
Possibly a SM-shaped silhouette scuttling away with a baseball bat in the dark from the Swans players' car park after Monday night training.

How come no one ever talks about his mark where he jumped over Darren Jolly? Absolutely unprecedented. The guy’s centre of gravity is like half a foot off the ground. It was like watching a dachshund clear a pool fence.

30 for 30 presents heath grundys leap

How come no one ever talks about his mark where he jumped over Darren Jolly? Absolutely unprecedented. The guy’s centre of gravity is like half a foot off the ground. It was like watching a dachshund clear a pool fence.

I remember it well. Seems to be very underrated.

Didn’t Roosy laugh because he got off the ground?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back