Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluebagger board gold.
Thread started April 2016 "Track the "66 Game" Rebuild"

tenor.gif

Two players from their rebuild ranked in the top 200 in the competition :rainbow:

Id not be overly happy with the way its looking at Car atm.. Are they in the right mode I wonder. 15 years ago.. we built on the draft .. now we balance it and try to find value along the way. They have a heap of traded out GWS .. in theory some should be very good. We have none.

It would seem in this era .. the trick to remaining relevant is at least offering a competitive environment for potential trade ins. ..its almost impossible to rebuild totally thru draft ..a club just doesn't get enough kids quick enough.. and even if you do .. GWS have shown there is a lot of pain that comes with that approach with still a question mark at the end.

Not sure you can just go one route now.. and I think SOS may have fallen for a slightly old approach to rebuild?

Richo's safe because St Kilda is too broke to pay out the next 2 years of his contract. Unless the AFL chip in some money.
May have to just cop the huge loss. This is a list that doesn't believe in what they're trying to do out there. And lacked talent in the first place.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast obviously have a lack of temp issue. So hard early then it all just stopped dead. No goals in the last quarter for 4 weeks. Then not being able to just ice a game.. all clubs train for that.
They will be gutted and the Saints get out of jail... and im not convinced either side is reflected by the result. Although this type of result hurts long term...think us in Brisbane it was twice as bad ..but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back